Boot:0 Error Again >.>

iCarbonite

3 posts in this topic

Well I installed Leopard on my HP Compaq laptop and everything went fine, I found out I need a USB Keyboard, which i'm too lazy to buy, so i've decided against installing Leopard on it. For some stupid reason, I unflagged or unmounted the partition that Leopard was on. Now, since I didn't dual boot, I think it over-writ my Windows 7. I have my Windows 7 ISO, I don't think it's bootable, (hehe stupid piratebay), so I'm screwed. I want to know how to re-flag the Mac partition. Also, anybody know where I can get a bootable Windows 7? :F I know I have to use fdisk.

Well I installed Leopard on my HP Compaq laptop and everything went fine, I found out I need a USB Keyboard, which i'm too lazy to buy, so i've decided against installing Leopard on it. For some stupid reason, I unflagged or unmounted the partition that Leopard was on. Now, since I didn't dual boot, I think it over-writ my Windows 7. I have my Windows 7 ISO, I don't think it's bootable, (hehe stupid piratebay), so I'm screwed. I want to know how to re-flag the Mac partition. Also, anybody know where I can get a bootable Windows 7? :F I know I have to use fdisk.

I don't think it has screwed up your Windows installation, but you will need a Windows 7 install DVD to fix it.

I have attached a guide, which I made for problems like this.

Hope this fixes your problem, and please do exactly what you're told to in the guide.

FixMBR_dualboot.pdf