Can only boot arch=i386 and struggling with audio on my Shuttle SX38P2

fffeee

1 post in this topic

My Shuttle always requires the following things after a re-install/upgrade:

a) Add the Device ID to the ATI5000Controller.kext for my 5750 (Sapphire)

:unsure: Change the Device ID in the Apple Yukon kext for my Ethernet device to match the one the Shuttle has.

Sound is usually a couple of kext swaps and a reboot and a kernel panic or three later and then it works and I never touch it until the next time and I never do end up doing it the right way so I'd like to find out how!

But now I've noticed that I can't seem to boot the 64bit kernel, so I have to have arch=i386 specified in my boot plist.

My system has 8GB of RAM, a 9550 core2quad @3GHz, two SATA HDs and an SSD to boot from, the ATI 5750 from Sapphire I mentioned above (using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and setting the Device ID in the Apple-supplied drivers in /System/Library/Extensions).

My audio is a Realtek ALC888DD.

I have tried pure DSDT boots and the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] approach. I'm using a fairly bleeding edge Chameleon (1078) and now I'm wondering if the issue may lie there. I currently have a DSDT and I threw in a couple kexts for things like the nullpowermgmt, the obligatory fakesmc and something to save me from a CMOS reset. I realize I could put those into my DSDT but I'm not confident.

I can include my DSDT.aml for my Shuttle SX38P2.

shuttle_sx38p2_ati5750_dsdt.txt