GA-G31M-ES2L

JoQ

49 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm about to try out Lion on my computer running Snow Leopard (which runs great!)

I got a Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L, anyone tried if LAN, sound and so on works? And what kexts do you use?

Also, does the Intel Dual Eore E5200 work as it did with Snow Leopard or is the support for non Core 2 Duo gone?

Thanks!

Hi!

I'm about to try out Lion on my computer running Snow Leopard (which runs great!)

I got a Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L, anyone tried if LAN, sound and so on works? And what kexts do you use?

Also, does the Intel Dual Eore E5200 work as it did with Snow Leopard or is the support for non Core 2 Duo gone?

Thanks!

Hi!

I have the same board and works like a charm.

Here are the kexts

Extensions instalar em S/L/E

Extra

Make your own DSDT

I used to have the G31M-ES2L now I have G41M-ES2L.

if i remember correctly if you have rev 1.0 your LAN is Realtek chipset but if its higher like 1.1 or higher its an Atheros LAN chipset.

Incase you run into the problem where your lan does not want to work.

Sounds great!

Anyone else who's got other result or good kexts? I need to get Optical and Coax sound running.

How about my processor, is it possible to run Lion on a Pentium Dual Core E5200 at the moment? Or isn't it natively supported?

Thank you!

Lion does run with pentium DC E5200 on my ga-g31m-s2l :)

and speedstep is OK with Chameleon.

Sounds great!

Anyone else who's got other result or good kexts? I need to get Optical and Coax sound running.

How about my processor, is it possible to run Lion on a Pentium Dual Core E5200 at the moment? Or isn't it natively supported?

Thank you!

Yes, my E5200 runs fine, and now I've got Lion up and running.

With the only exception, no sound.

Is it anyone who's got a GA-G31M-ES2L that's rev 1.1?

Would love to have your DSDT if you got sound up and running trough it.

Is there anyone who has almost all fixes in their DSDT? Like network, sound etc.

Atm. I use the RealtekR1000SL.kext to get LAN working. Want to use as few kexts as possible.

Please do help?!

Edit: Managed to get it up and running.

Has anyone managed to get sleep working?

I tried the new sleepenabler in /Extra/Extensions but my system didnt wake up, went into a reboot loop.

You didn't answer your own question. I was waiting for an answer :D Did you use the first guide that's with USB?

About the sleepenabler, try pmversion=23 or sleepenablerNG.

You didn't answer your own question. I was waiting for an answer :) Did you use the first guide that's with USB?

About the sleepenabler, try pmversion=23 or sleepenablerNG.

Sorry, I got a bit over excited after getting everything working that I didnt come back to the site :) I did manage to get sleep working by putting the new sleepenabler in S/L/E. Everything works :)

I did manage to get sleep working by putting the new sleepenabler in S/L/E. Everything works :)

Lovely. For me, weirdly, sleep worked fine by itself. Audio didn't. After fighting with multiple kexts and packages, I decided to try inputting arch=i386 in the kernel flags and that fixed it. I'm not running in full 64bit anymore but at least I have sound.

I'm having trouble with SATA-disks showing up as ATA and not as SSD like my SSD should, have anyone got a solution?

Could you check yours?

Where it says , Protocol : ATA

I have the exact same issue as yours (same SSD) and I have no idea on how to fix it.

I also have a G41M-ES2L with an e5300 cpu. I want to upgrade from 10.6.8 so i can keep all my data without having to do a clean install. For those of you that hav had some success, what's the best method to do this?? many thanks

I also have a G41M-ES2L with an e5300 cpu. I want to upgrade from 10.6.8 so i can keep all my data without having to do a clean install. For those of you that hav had some success, what's the best method to do this?? many thinks

I used the install-without-usb method since I dont have an 8GB USB, but I suppose you could use any method, as long as your using the right kexts it should be all good.

After a week of having everything working, Sleep is no longer working for me. Computer goes to sleep but doesnt wake, it goes into a reboot loop and after pulling the power plug out I get CMOS checksum error.

I read on a few other threads and they posted a solution by patching the AppleRTC.kext but it doesnt seem to be working for me.

Could someone thats got sleep working please post their DSDT or how they managed to get it working? I am running 64bit kernel.

I installed Lion on my GA-G31M-ES2L v1, all is ok, but i don't have sound, with yours kext or other, in 64 bit.

Any idea ?

Try to use the sound kexts from Snow Leopard. Did you manage to get sleep working on rev 1 mobo?

I installed Lion on my GA-G31M-ES2L v1, all is ok, but i don't have sound, with yours kext or other, in 64 bit.

Any idea ?

The sound driver isn't compatible with 64-bit afaik. I tried everything I could. I was only able to make it work by booting with arch=i386 in the kernel flags.

[edit] mine is a rev 2.3

Here are the kexts

Extensions instalar em S/L/E

Extra

It does not really seem you know what you are doing:

1. you placed the ALC662.kext into BOTH folders, E/E AND S/L/E. What is it there for to begin with? The sound chip in the GA-G31M-ES2L rev. 1.x is ALC883 !!

2. fakesmc and OpenHaltRestart you have put into S-L-E, which is very unusual. I have NEVER seen anybody do this. If they don't work for you in E/E you don't have Chameleon installed correctly.

3. What's the purpose of the NVEnabler.kext in regards to the GA-G31M-ES2L's Intel GMA 3100 graphics? Absolutely nothing ...

Please elaborate, test, and (HIGHLY recommended!) correct your confused upload.

Thanks.

Here you go, digital audio, and everything works great, on Lion 64 bit or 32 bit. At least for a rev 1.1 board.

http://www.mediafire.com/?qbf8a3l1dygmj63

How do you do it ?. What do you use ? kexts extension etc.... I have this board and I believe it was rev1.0 but i could not get it to boot into Lion, it keep rebooting. I use the USB method by the way.