Editing About this Mac

rminb010204

5 posts in this topic

Well, I got everything working for the Golden Release of Lion but all my hardware is being mis represented in About this Mac.

The Aboutthismac.string file is not like it used be, I'm not sure what file I should look for to change the processor and memory fields.

Any ideas?

Well, I got everything working for the Golden Release of Lion but all my hardware is being mis represented in About this Mac.

The Aboutthismac.string file is not like it used be, I'm not sure what file I should look for to change the processor and memory fields.

Any ideas?

You need to edit the smbios.plist. You can use the tool "Lizard" for Chameleon to do this the easy way. Also, if you add a DSDT.aml that should also work I suppose.

I have a very very tiny "problem" with my "About this Mac" dialog.

I set up model to iMac10,1 and found serial number for it too (for 21,5 inch model), set them up in smbios.plist, but the picture shows the 27 inch model. Anyone have an idea why it shows the wrong picture for it?

Here's a pic:

post-150972-1310385676_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The SMBIOS isn't adjusting any of my values. I put one in to the /extra folder after installing Chameleon, no dice.

Does anyone know the raw files I can go edit to change the information. I remember for system profiler on older versions you could go to:

/system/library/systemprofiler/spplatformreporter.spreporter/contents/resources/english.lproj/localizable.strings

and edit that, it doesn't seem to work any more either.

If anyone is aware of the files that I can edit to achieve the fake specs that would be great.

can you share the SMBIOS.plist u used?

one more thing is you can make sure it's loaded with this string in boot.plist (wether com.apple or new org.chameleon)

<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>