Lion GM Facetime error

demonfox13x

84 posts in this topic

Here is a simply plain english way to fix the problem:

I found to fix the problem, first click on the app store and see if apple will let you download a free app?

If you can't try this trick open your com.apple.Boot.plist and manually edit add this line to it

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Next go to your system Preference and delete your ethernet connection and reboot, once you have rebooted your computer go back and add a new ethernet connection you should be able to buy from off the apps store and use facetime.

Sorry, but that's not the only thing required for FaceTime to register. The EthernetBuiltIn can also be done in your DSDT.aml, I have tried both but still couldn't register FaceTime until Chameleon RC5 r755 boot was used.

Wrong I did it and it works fine, did you try it first? I know it works cause my facetime works great now and it DID NOT work before.

Yes, it was tested first. I assume you read the rest of this thread where everyone was reporting they had to use r755 to register FaceTime?

As a matter of interest, what version of Chameleon are you using as I think there were a couple of versions that worked for people?

• 3 weeks later...