• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Krooklyn

Krooklyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
So I have successfully install 10.6.3 on a Samsung Series 9 laptop, using USB Bootable (Nawcom's ModUSB + SL 10.6.3 Retail). Once I go to install 10.6.7 Combo update, I get a kernel panic during install at registering files (towards the end of install). I reinstalled 10.6.3, booted up, installed 10.6.8 combo and went flawlessly, used ##### #####, rebooted, now I get a continuous loops on boot, no bootloader. if i insert the Nawcom bootusb, I get the bootloader, but system halts at [PCI Configuration Begin]. ?????

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

rchapoteau

rchapoteau

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Just curious if you ever got this fixed, or maybe upgraded to 10.7. I was thinking about getting one of these.

psu1

psu1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have one of these as well and I have not had much luck. Curious on how well the hardware maps and any tips on how you set it up.

rchapoteau

rchapoteau

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

I have one of these as well and I have not had much luck. Curious on how well the hardware maps and any tips on how you set it up.

I am going to start trying a lot soon when I get mine this week. What have you tried so far? Maybe we can collaborate a bit and try to figure out what works and what doesn't.

rchapoteau

rchapoteau

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Just tried to use the USB bootable Lion install, but I'm getting an error before it ever gets to the install prtion. IT keeps repeating something about Kbluetooth interval. Going to play around more.

rchapoteau

rchapoteau

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Got Lion installed using the USB method. For a while I was getting a problem with DSMOS has arrived. I had to remove all of the graphics drivers from the USB install extensions folder and it fixed that issue. Off the bat, the trackpad has issues. I can't click anything, but I can move the mouse.

I'm installed ##### with ps2 trackpad and now the keyboard doesn't work either. Got a lot of playing around to do still.

Also on a side note, I bought a buffalo USB 3.0 drive and it won't boot from that drive on the 3.0. The laptop doesn't recognize it. I'm not sure if its the fault of the drive or the laptop. So I have to use USB 2 which of course is slower, but it works.

rchapoteau

rchapoteau

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
got the keyboard and trackpad working with this

http://www.kexts.com...do=file&id=1448

I got the networking gig ethernet adaptor working ##### selecting the Realtek option (the third selection). Now I think I just need to figure out video, and audio.

rchapoteau

rchapoteau

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Tried to do an update to 10.7.1 which took with no problem on my other computers. This one failed. The computer now hangs at resetting iocatalogue. I am probably going to have to re-install from scratch which I honestly don't mind.

rchapoteau

rchapoteau

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Got sound working. I selected voodoo 2.7.2 I believe (whichever one the last one is) in #####. Be prepared to walk away from your pc once you are booting. The mic and speaker were causing a ton of feedback until I could get into voodoohda in system preferences and turn down the input.

Can't get wifi working because there is currently no working driver for the type of broadcom that is on the series 9 (forgot what the model is. Its something like 4735).

At this point I just have to look into video. It may actually be working as is, but I'm not sure. I still have to look into QE/CI I honestly don't even know what it is :-)

rchapoteau

rchapoteau

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
At this point from what I can tell there is no way to get the Intel HD3000 to work properly on this system with full QE/CI. So if you need to use it for graphics and stuff its not going to work properly, but if you just want to use it for normal work type of stuff its ok.

Podkovka

Podkovka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hello guys!

I need your help. I have Samsung NP900X3A-B01, I insalled it ML 10.8.5 and everything works except the backlight, rather it works, but it is wrong - picture in a fog.
I suspect that need to fix EDID. here and I ask you to give me your dump EDID.

Thanks

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc

Their EDID will not help you, since they are on 10.6.

Marugby123

InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

Podkovka

Podkovka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Their EDID will not help you, since they are on 10.6.

Marugby123

EDID doesn't depend on the version of the system, don't depend on Windows, Linux or Mac OS X. This is a dump of EEPROM.

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to write the part about the OS. I meant to say that it won't help since you have a different model of laptop, since it's related to the screen of the laptop.

Marugby123

Podkovka

Podkovka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Maybe so, but I doubt it. I don't found the information matrix which is in this laptop, but I think that is the same as mine. In my laptop is LSN133AT01-801. I think I have one of two problems: not complete EDID (because in test programs I get the message "EDID block does NOT conform to EDID 1.3!") or not complete cable matrix (which I doubt, because both Windows and Linux has no problems with video). Even if the matrix is ​​different, I don't risk anything, I'm not going to change the firmware, I just replace EDID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy