Endless reboot from chameleon screen (Lion GM)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

hyperduc

hyperduc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I went through the method outlined in the lion install via usb stick method here

As soon as I get to the chameleon bootloader screen and select the install usb drive, it loads for a few seconds, then reboots. Can't seem to get past this to get into the install.

I tried the "Andy method of Chameleon" for i5's, and Chameleon RC5 752.

Also tried only 4gb of ram and onboard video.

Also tried step 6 from another guide and this seemed to make it get farther:
Step 6:
1.Open Mac OS X Install ECD and copy these five files to the root of your new partition.
1..disk_lable.
2.boot.efi.
3.kernelcache.
4.mach_kernel.
5.MacOSX_Media_Background.png.

System:
i5-2500
GA-H67M-D2-B3
8Gb
ATi HD4850
320Gb Hard Drive

cpukid

cpukid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I have a different issue with installing the Lion GM. I made a bootable USB drive, and booted from it using Chameleon. I select the partition I made for it, and it gets close to being done, and I get the infamous install failed screen. Since I get this with Snow Leopard, I didn't think twice before clicking the restart button.

Once I did that, I got to the chameleon bootloader, and I can't select the Lion partition. There isn't even one there to select. So I boot into SL and have a look in the Lion drive. It looks like it didn't even finish installing. There was only 2 folders, both with weird names.

I've gotten DP4 running, so I'm confident that I'm doing the steps right. I just don't know what the issue would be.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

BTW: Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard, Core i7-930 CPU, 12GB DDR3 Ram, NVidia 9800 GTX+ Graphics

hyperduc

hyperduc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I finally got it working. I used ##### for the first boot to get into the installer. Then ##### for the first boot. I used ##### for DSDT and networking and ATi identifier. Now it boots on its own.

Also want to add, to fix the GUID error in the Mac App store, add builtinethernet = yes. I used the chameleon prefpane.

The only issue... it always thinks I have two monitors connected. There is an 800x600 extended desktop on the right of my screen. Any ideas?

fariel23

fariel23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I finally got it working. I used ##### for the first boot to get into the installer. Then ##### for the first boot. I used ##### for DSDT and networking and ATi identifier. Now it boots on its own.

Also want to add, to fix the GUID error in the Mac App store, add builtinethernet = yes. I used the chameleon prefpane.

The only issue... it always thinks I have two monitors connected. There is an 800x600 extended desktop on the right of my screen. Any ideas?

witch ##### version did u use? did u put it on the usb stick? please help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy