• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Norton1533

Norton1533

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I know what you mean. I also have the best buy version, so I just followed This guide and all worked well. Then, in order to get Lion working (even to boot into the installer partition) I simply installed the newest version of Chameleon (the one that comes in the package is not up to date enough apparently). Everything is working except the trackpad, 6250 agn, battery indicator, and hdmi (well it works when using hdmi to dvi adaptor as long as you have it plugged in before you boot up).

The video card is reported at ATI 5000, but I think it is just aesthetic, as all is working ok so far. I DO have some crashes if I tax the system with lots of open windows, and maybe some video, and some music (maybe a heat issue, because I would have that problem sometimes in windows too with turbo enabled).

Link updated!
Lets improve some more?

DJCalarco

DJCalarco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Link updated!
Lets improve some more?

Link seems to be offering me some mediaplayer executable. :( Is there another link? Or could you possible email it to me? djcalarco at gmail dot com

Sorry, nevermind, you need to create an account first, then it will let you download. No email required...apprently anonymous.

thank!!

RozZy_

RozZy_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'm mostly working, however I still have one goofy problem. My external monitor only accepts VGA and DVI connections. I bought a HDMI to DVI cable and ran my hackintosh. The HDMI signal does not transfer to my external monitor. It only works with HDMI to HDMI; can anyone else confirm?

I have the exact same problem!!
Help!!

6th

6th

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
OP, thanks for the guide ;) Is it possible to run that file posted earlier in vmware/windows for the keyboard backlight fix opposed to installing windows on a seperate partion?

CaptSilver

CaptSilver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
There is some help for those that do not have QE/CL. I have started a thread originally on another site but it has a boot file modded for the 5870. http://www.tonymacx8...ic.php?p=206219

kingjust

kingjust

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Just wanted to confirm that the instructions work, but i'm using ##### legacy as I kept going into a loop. I also used the switches cpus=1 busratio=20 maxmem=4096. You only have to do it once. Also, there is no kext for the battery. VoodooBattery kext works flawlessly. I have full radeon also. Thanks OP!!!

wookles

wookles

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Sorry to revive an old topic. Does anyone have a mirror for the files originally linked by the OP?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy