P8P67Pro and Non Pro Lion install usb for dummies..

^Andy^

654 posts in this topic

By the way, installing a DSDT with HDMI audio edits has no effect in a system that is not using HDMI audio (all new Macs include this edit). As well, HDMI audio works OOB on the Sapphire 5770/Vervet, 5870/Uakari & 6870/Duckweed (with the mandatory and correct HDMI audio DSDT edits).

What about with non ATi cards - i.e. nvidia ?

Hi,

I own a P8P67-M PRO (mini ITX format).

I have managed somehow with a mix of your files (smbios.plist + extensions.mkext from you + official chameleon release 1183 from the forum) to boot the Lion installation on my PC.

The problem is, I can't see my SSD in the install disk utility, only my USB drive and my optical drives are detected.

Could you please help me on this ?

Thx

Hi, the M-Pro is Micro-ATX :)

and have you checked that the SATA config is on AHCI ? I don't know if it works on RAID setup,

also, my Vertex 3 NEED to have the "hot swap" feature turned on (I don't know how to translate it well, but you have two options "hot swappable and disabled"

another little thing to check : is your hard drive formated to HFS Extended ? and GUID king of partition ?

launch Disk Util (in the menu bar of the installer) to format your drive

select your drive, go to partitions, then click on the dropdown menu, select 1 partition, select HFS extended (journaled) and clic on the option button to set the GUID partition type, the format, and quit the Disk Util, your disk should now be available to install Lion

Will do :(

Update: It wont boot. Black screen with blinking "_"

Last time I saw that happen was because the os x partition had been created as logical instead of primary.

BTW, a bit off topic but I have recently discovered something insanely annoying with a brand new 500gig Western Digital Scorpio Blue laptop hard drive - no matter how many times you try or how hard you try it will not boot using chameleon. Boot0: Error will haunt you forever if you use one of these drives.

It did work the very first time that it was installed (i.e the first time the drive was partitioned) but after erasing the disk and partitioning it again it now refuses to boot using chameleon.

In the end I just imaged the whole disk to a samsung drive and it worked first time!

So if any of you that are using Western Digital hard drives are having Boot0: Error's and can't figure out why maybe you should try a different brand of hard disk!

Hi, the M-Pro is Micro-ATX :(

and have you checked that the SATA config is on AHCI ? I don't know if it works on RAID setup,

also, my Vertex 3 NEED to have the "hot swap" feature turned on (I don't know how to translate it well, but you have two options "hot swappable and disabled"

another little thing to check : is your hard drive formated to HFS Extended ? and GUID king of partition ?

launch Disk Util (in the menu bar of the installer) to format your drive

select your drive, go to partitions, then click on the dropdown menu, select 1 partition, select HFS extended (journaled) and clic on the option button to set the GUID partition type, the format, and quit the Disk Util, your disk should now be available to install Lion

The problem is, I can't see my SSD in the install disk utility, only my USB drive and my optical drives are detected.

Thx

As you can see my SSD is not detected on the install disk utility, so I cannot format it from here !

I already have installed Win7 NTFS formatted on this drive though, would it be the reason it is not detected (I don't think so do you ?)

Thx for any other help.

Andy do you have any idea ? Would you have an install package working for P8P67-M PRO ?

Thx again.

Andy do you have any idea ? Would you have an install package working for P8P67-M PRO ?

I don't have a specific package for the P8P67-M Pro.

Regarding your SSD I had a similar thing happen a while back with a cheap SSD drive that I had been messing around partitioning and installing multiple flavours of operating system on. It wouldn't show up at all in the os x installer. To fix it I booted an Ubuntu live cd, used disk utilities from within ubuntu and erased the drive. After a reboot the drive then appeared in the installer and I was able to partition it and continue.

I don't have a specific package for the P8P67-M Pro.

Regarding your SSD I had a similar thing happen a while back with a cheap SSD drive that I had been messing around partitioning and installing multiple flavours of operating system on. It wouldn't show up at all in the os x installer. To fix it I booted an Ubuntu live cd, used disk utilities from within ubuntu and erased the drive. After a reboot the drive then appeared in the installer and I was able to partition it and continue.

Well it's a Crucial M4 128gb SATA6 SSD so i would not call it cheap :)

I think i'll put it in an external case and format it in HFS+ from a friend's mac and see if it mounts.

But just to be sure, could it be i'm missing a file in the "Extra" installation folder that could cause this problem or does it have no link at all ???

Thx again.

Well it's a Crucial M4 128gb SATA6 SSD so i would not call it cheap :D

I think i'll put it in an external case and format it in HFS+ from a friend's mac and see if it mounts.

But just to be sure, could it be i'm missing a file in the "Extra" installation folder that could cause this problem or does it have no link at all ???

Thx again.

Oops - I wasn't implying that your SSD drive was cheap - just that the one I was messing with at the time was!

There is nothing in the extra folder that would prevent the installer detecting an SSD - I currently have lion installed to a Toshiba 128gig SSD.

If the installer can't see the drive at all then I suspect there is something wrong with the partition table on the drive.

Oops - I wasn't implying that your SSD drive was cheap - just that the one I was messing with at the time was!

There is nothing in the extra folder that would prevent the installer detecting an SSD - I currently have lion installed to a Toshiba 128gig SSD.

If the installer can't see the drive at all then I suspect there is something wrong with the partition table on the drive.

Haha no worries I knew that ;)

I found what my problem was. Even after having formatted my SSD in HFS I could still not mount it on the install screen.

I went on my bios and found that my SSD was in AHCI SATA mode, which is fine but my Marvell controller was in IDE mode, changed it in AHCI and everything went well.

Thx anyway for the trouble.

Haha no worries I knew that ;)

I found what my problem was. Even after having formatted my SSD in HFS I could still not mount it on the install screen.

I went on my bios and found that my SSD was in AHCI SATA mode, which is fine but my Marvell controller was in IDE mode, changed it in AHCI and everything went well.

Thx anyway for the trouble.

;)

Can I apply the P8P67 Pro package after I installed with this guide?

I have no idea - I didn't write that guide but I would ask why anybody in their right mind would update from gm to final when they are exactly the same files! :unsure:

I have no idea - I didn't write that guide but I would ask why anybody in their right mind would update from gm to final when they are exactly the same files! :unsure:

The guide primarily was how to install GM/Final, only the top 5 steps were about that. I skipped those.

Well, I have installed it and all, but I cant get full resolution, internet or anything like that.

I am completely new to the osx86 stuff and am having some trouble.

I followed your instructions exactly and could not boot, was stuck with a flashing _

I then tried again by wiping the drive, copying over the Lion files as usual, installing chameleon and then your package on top of it.

This booted, but it crashed on the installer; I had to enable the onboard audio for it to work. (I only use HDMI)

So I have Lion installed now, and ran your Sabertooth P67 package post-installation. The drive OS X is installed to is not bootable at all, the only way I can get into it is to use the USB Drive and select "Macintosh HD"

Once I am in OS X, the system is identified as:

aZNGq.png

Specs:

• ASUS Sabertooth P67 (1850)
  • Intel Core i5 2500K
  • 2x4GB RAM
  • Nvidia GTX 570

I followed the instructions here to get my GTX 570 working, and I'm running at the display's native resolution now, but animations are slow, I have no HDMI audio and it freezes the system when running opengl benchmarks. (mouse works, nothing else responds)

Also when rebooting, I have Intel LAN stuff showing in the boot list, and ethernet does not work in Windows. I need to power off and cold boot for it to work.

Any ideas?

Did you rerun the installation package to get the bootloader installed onto your boot drive ?

I am completely new to the osx86 stuff and am having some trouble.

I followed your instructions exactly and could not boot, was stuck with a flashing _

I then tried again by wiping the drive, copying over the Lion files as usual, installing chameleon and then your package on top of it.

This booted, but it crashed on the installer; I had to enable the onboard audio for it to work. (I only use HDMI)

So I have Lion installed now, and ran your Sabertooth P67 package post-installation. The drive OS X is installed to is not bootable at all, the only way I can get into it is to use the USB Drive and select "Macintosh HD"

Once I am in OS X, the system is identified as:

aZNGq.png

Specs:

• ASUS Sabertooth P67 (1850)
  • Intel Core i5 2500K
  • 2x4GB RAM
  • Nvidia GTX 570

I followed the instructions here to get my GTX 570 working, and I'm running at the display's native resolution now, but animations are slow, I have no HDMI audio and it freezes the system when running opengl benchmarks. (mouse works, nothing else responds)

Also when rebooting, I have Intel LAN stuff showing in the boot list, and ethernet does not work in Windows. I need to power off and cold boot for it to work.

Any ideas?

Yep.

I'm afraid I can't offer much help because I don't use an Nvidia card or a Sabertooth motherboard but hopefully somebody that owns one or the other will be able to step up and offer you some help.

Your flashing _ usually means that either you didnt make the partition active in a dual boot environment or your partition table is fubar (or you are unlucky enough to own a recent WD hard drive that for some reason hates chameleon).

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the guide. A little stuck. I made the boot drive and installed andyboot on both the boot drive and my internal SSD. The boot drive launched and installed but now I'm getting kernel panics whenever I boot from the SSD.

Help!