P8P67Pro and Non Pro Lion install usb for dummies..

^Andy^

654 posts in this topic

OK, one issue. The USB 3.0 ports are not working. I have run ###### and tried reinstalling the USB 3.0 drivers with no luck...... OK, what's the fix for the P8P67 Pro. My WD external drive is recognized on the 3.0 ports on Win7, and on the USB 2.0 ports in OSX--so the drive works fine..... it's just the USB 3.0 in Lion 10.7.3.

Use phoenixtool v1.91, load the bios file from from the Asus site that you wish to edit, wait for it to do whatever the hell it insisits on doing, select asus as the manufacturer, click advanced, select 'no slic' and 'allow user to modify other modules' click done, click 'go' and wait for the message telling you that 'you can now make manual alterations to modules in the dump file' - DO NOT CLICK OK!.

Open the dump folder and look for 2 19kb sized files named 2BB5AFA9-FF33-417B-8497-CB773C2B93BF_1_370 and 2BB5AFA9-FF33-417B-8497-CB773C2B93BF_1_440 (the last 3 digits may vary depending on which board and bios you are hacking around with), open both files in the hex editor of your choice and search for this hex string 80 00 18 EB 05 0D 00 80 and replace it with 00 00 18 EB 05 0D 00 00. Save both files back to the dump folder and then switch back to phoenixtool and click 'OK', it will then repack your changes back into a a new bios file BUT check the log file - if there are any errors at all do NOT attempt to flash the resulting rom.

DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING - ONE MISTAKE AND YOU WILL BRICK YOUR BIOS.

Seriously - DO NOT do this unless you accept the fact that you could end up with a bricked pc - it only takes one slight mistake!

P.S I read which hex string to edit in another post - so it's not my work or findings - credit is due elsewhere!

Andy updated my p8p67pro v1 Bios to v3207-unable to find strings 2BB5AFA9-FF33-417B-8497-CB773C2B93BF_1_370 and 2BB5AFA9-FF33-417B-or any similar 19k sizes files- just wondered if you had any info for this new bios where the strings might be!

update lion+mountailn lion will not boot since update to new bios version v3207 just getting kernel panic !-not quite sure how to cure this problem?

thanks for your great tutorials

Same here after updating latest bios I can't boot. I don't get KP just apple logo came no downloading cursor.... I formatted all HD and installed clean one no way problem still goes on.. Is there a any way to fix that problem?

p8p67 pro 3.0 bios with aicpupm patch http://www.sendspace.com/file/wujk8p

what is this modified bios for? --please advise what iaicpum patch is-I stll have not managed to solve my boot problem since upgrading to V3207-chameleon loader just freezes at null cpu line-I cannot find any solution -I have looked long and hard!

thanks

Have anyone tried to install 10.7.4 combo update for this build yet? Please advise on the result.

Yes, simple install, backup your curent AppleHDA.kext, install the update, reboot and reinstall the backed up AppleHDA.kext = all good. You may have some extra flapping around required in order to get unsupported AMD or Nvidia gpu's working again but hey you should be used to that right? lol ~;)

Yes, simple install, backup your curent AppleHDA.kext, install the update, reboot and reinstall the backed up AppleHDA.kext = all good. You may have some extra flapping around required in order to get unsupported AMD or Nvidia gpu's working again but hey you should be used to that right? lol ~ ;)

Hey Andy,

Thanks for you continuing work on our favorite motherboard. That said, I've just updated my P8P67 PRO rev3.1 with the 2103 modified BIOS taken from here (P8P67 PRO REV3.1) and installed the 10.7.4 with the combo update. Replaced the AppleHDA.kext as indicated.

As a result: Sound and sleep works, but the CPU multiplier is stuck to 35 :(

I tried to removing GeneratePStates in the chameleon plist, and to build my own SSDT as recommended here http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=59889 using these instructions: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=60363

Is couldn't manage to get a workable SSDT.aml as the file was mostly empty, is this a result of the modified BIOS?

So now I have native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and sleep which is great, but I'm stuck to low cpu speed... Any ideas? Do you have a SSDT.aml file that matches your setup?

After update bios 3207 I cant opening Lion? I installed modified bios 3207 and clean Lion GM installed nothing changes! Also tried downgrade Bios nothing happend!? Andy boot screen coming when it turns to apple logo no spinning cursor? Im waiting 5 or 10 min. dont opening Lion. I tried -x -v -s PCIRootUID=1 combination nothing happend? I deleted ATIX3000GL.bundle and extensions.mkext. Nothing happend? What do you suggest? What else can I try? -v result down below... Stuck there...

NGu6b.jpg?1

After deleted NullCPUPowerManagement still stuck on apple logo! -verbose change;

Hhad0.jpg?1

Hey Andy,

Thanks for you continuing work on our favorite motherboard. That said, I've just updated my P8P67 PRO rev3.1 with the 2103 modified BIOS taken from here (P8P67 PRO REV3.1) and installed the 10.7.4 with the combo update. Replaced the AppleHDA.kext as indicated.

As a result: Sound and sleep works, but the CPU multiplier is stuck to 35 :(

I tried to removing GeneratePStates in the chameleon plist, and to build my own SSDT as recommended here http://www.tonymacx8...=14&t=59889 using these instructions: http://www.tonymacx8...=14&t=60363

Is couldn't manage to get a workable SSDT.aml as the file was mostly empty, is this a result of the modified BIOS?

So now I have native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and sleep which is great, but I'm stuck to low cpu speed... Any ideas? Do you have a SSDT.aml file that matches your setup?

I use bios 2302 with no ssdt.aml and my multiplier definitely is NOT stuck at 35 (it clocks up to 48). I suspect your mistake was installing bios 3207

Hey Andy, thanks for the reply :)

Actually it works I forgot to change the turbo ratio after the bios update, silly me...

It's going between min and max ratio (16 and 45). Are you getting intermediate ratios like 35, 40, etc? If so, care to post a link to your bios? I tried to change the ratio setting between "by all cores" and "by each core" but I'm still stuck to 2 ratios.

It's a small detail but I want to have a "perfect" hackintosh ;)

Finally I found a solution. I opened my hackintosh. if you get this problem boot with DSDT=Null.

But I cant normally boot everytime I must to use this combianation. How to fix that? What is that mean my Dsdt is broken or I must to make own DSDT?

Hey Andy, thanks for the reply :)

Actually it works I forgot to change the turbo ratio after the bios update, silly me...

It's going between min and max ratio (16 and 45). Are you getting intermediate ratios like 35, 40, etc? If so, care to post a link to your bios? I tried to change the ratio setting between "by all cores" and "by each core" but I'm still stuck to 2 ratios.

It's a small detail but I want to have a "perfect" hackintosh ;)

Noipe just min and max - for intemediate speeds I suspect you would need an ssdt. i did attempt an ssdt but gave up very quickly as it didn't work first time and I was in a foul mood lol.

Followed this guide exactly and installed the standard P8P67 package. Everything working great, install went fine.

Only question is, how do i go about updating? I'm at 10.7.0 and I need to be at 10.7.3 for this audio kext i want to use.

My specs:

i5-2500k @ 4.7ghz

ASUS P8P67

DDR3 1600mhz 8gb

ATI Radeon HD 6770 Crossfire

Lion installed on its own drive

Thanks..

Noipe just min and max - for intemediate speeds I suspect you would need an ssdt. i did attempt an ssdt but gave up very quickly as it didn't work first time and I was in a foul mood lol.

Yup; tried the "over clocked core i5/i7" SSDT from the latest ###### and is hangs at the very beginning of the boot process.

Yup; tried the "over clocked core i5/i7" SSDT from the latest ###### and is hangs at the very beginning of the boot process.

Thats pretty much what happened with the ssdt I tried (although i did add in all of the missing multipliers so just assumed I had done it wrong). Should probably dump my own ssdt and modify that but I'm happy enough with the lower and upper states working. Let me know if you do manage to get a working ssdt cos i will give it a try!

Followed this guide exactly and installed the standard P8P67 package. Everything working great, install went fine.

Only question is, how do i go about updating? I'm at 10.7.0 and I need to be at 10.7.3 for this audio kext i want to use.

My specs:

i5-2500k @ 4.7ghz

ASUS P8P67

DDR3 1600mhz 8gb

ATI Radeon HD 6770 Crossfire

Lion installed on its own drive

Thanks..

Just run the combo update and then reinstall any kexts that you need for your Audio and Gpu's - make a backup first using something like Carbon Copy

Thats pretty much what happened with the ssdt I tried (although i did add in all of the missing multipliers so just assumed I had done it wrong). Should probably dump my own ssdt and modify that but I'm happy enough with the lower and upper states working. Let me know if you do manage to get a working ssdt cos i will give it a try!

I'll let you know if I get it working. Actually, after I removed the DropSSDT option in the plist it actually loads the SSDT (checked with bdmesg) and boots but the ratios are still stuck to min and max.

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml] 32167 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/SSDT.aml] 988 bytes.
ACPI table not found: SSDT-1.aml
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
ACPI CPUs not found: C-States not generated !!!
ACPI CPUs not found: P-States not generated !!!
RSDT: Added 1 SSDT table(s)
FADT: Restart Fix applied!
FADT: Using custom DSDT!
ACPI CPUs not found: C-States not generated !!!
ACPI CPUs not found: P-States not generated !!!
Added 1 SSDT table(s) into XSDT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Btw Andy, thanks again for your work on this! While I didn't use your guide to installing Lion your DSDTs and hacked BIOSes have helped me get a flawless OS X experience on this ASUS board. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andy. Hope all is well. So I followed your guide many months ago, and then I followed another guide to install SpeedStep to be able to put the computer to sleep. Everything has been working as it should, and for this reason I've been reluctant to update to 10.7.4 from my current 10.7.2. Lately, however, I've been considering doing the update, but I would like to ask you first if there is a special procedure I need to follow, I.E., what kind of files I need to backup and restore later, of if I should run ######## again once the update is complete. Can you please give me some advice on this matter?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:

I read on a previous post on this thread that all I needed to do was backup AppleHDA.kext. I did so, and after installing10.7.4 Combo Update, I rebooted, and I got a kernel panic alert. I freaked out. Fortunately, I have a cloned hard drive, so I booted into it. I then ran P8P67 Pro Installer.pkg and installed on my just updated 10.7.4 hard drive. After a reboot, I couldn't get past the legacy logo screen with the gray circle turning around. I rebooted again, but this time in safe mode from Chameleon. After a while, all I got was a white screen. I rebooted once more, and Lion booted up alright. I then ran kext utility and restored my backed up AppleHDA.kext. I also restored a backed up com.apple.Boot.plist. Rebooted again just to make sure everything was OK. So far, it all seems normal.

Question:

I now get a Mac OS X 10.7.4 Supplemental Update under Software Update. Is it safe to install this? Do I need to take any precautions before installing? If anybody can share a though on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

HI.

I updated the bios of my p8p67 pro rev 3.1 to version 3207.

To boot the hackintosh I had to remove the dsdt.

the audio does not work anymore.

you know how I can fix?

thanks in advance

PS:Sorry for my poor English