Lion GM released today

89 posts in this topic

Unfortunately, BugsB might have a point.

Here's something worse to worry about:

Your isp has detected you are running a illegal copy of apple’s o.s if you are not a developer you will need to remove this at once or face charges of piracy.

From that same site.

I haven't yet been able to get my RealTek 8139 working on Lion 10.7 GM yet so cant verify the same. Can anyone do that?

Lastly, can anyone have RealTek 8139 LAN card working in Lion help me out?

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :D

I couldn't get the official Realtek driver to work but using Lnx2Mac driver worked perfectly for me. :blink:

I couldn't get the official Realtek driver to work but using Lnx2Mac driver worked perfectly for me. :unsure:

I may be wrong, but lnx2mac doesn`t work with 8139c card.

To make it work I need to copy the Snow Kext to Lion`s S/L/E (inside IONetworking)

Confirmed GM Version working EVGA X58 on clean install!

Sound missing for the moment (just installed Lion for the first time), everything working normally.

LionFresh.jpg

:unsure:

Edit ok sound working now with a simple AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.2

@ Freaky Chokra

I don't think that warning is legit, given where it originated: http://gradly.net/2011/07/02/mac-os-x-10-7...m-download-now/ (only hit on google search)

Apple would never send a 'letter' to all people using GM "Just in case" they are not a developer, plus the grammar of the warning is from somebody less educated than a garden slug, let alone Apples legal team.

@ Hangten

You can change the last 3 digit's of your Serial to get it to display a MacPro since that's kinda what you got,if not then that's one hell of a G4 :blink:

Any of these will get you MacPro in SI(System Information).You can play with the #/Letters before to dial in your specific date etc.........

XYL......... Mac Pro

EUG...... Mid 2010

GWR..... Mid 2010

4PC....... Early 2009

BXE...... Early 2009

8XG....... Early 2009

@Dajjal,

Thanks looking better!

MackyPro-ie.jpg

snapmonitor.jpg

Ok, now to overclock and see if any weirdness happens. (powermanegment and sleep out the window for sure)

Bluetooth wake from sleep an issue without the right bluetooth dongle in this build..

Edit*Oh mentioning that when using speedstep, thats the reason for Model Identifier but still it effects the overclock by stalling at shutdown when you start to go over 3.4ghz in this case so disabling turbo in the BIOS and all is well its just not throttling back on all cores. When people overclock not sure if they realize all cores may not run at full throttle with turbo engaged. So overclock with non turbo until you hit 4.5ghz now thats awesome if you can cool the inferno.

maybe this will help !

CooSee ' Ya

Thanks CooSee for the link. However, I didn't go that far. You'll see as below… ;)
I couldn't get the official Realtek driver to work but using Lnx2Mac driver worked perfectly for me. :)
Kup, Lnx2Mac driver/kext isn't for realTek 81X9 series of LAN cards. Don't get confused. You might brick your install sometime. Read carefully, beforehand, overtime… :)
I may be wrong, but lnx2mac doesn`t work with 8139c card.

To make it work I need to copy the Snow Kext to Lion`s S/L/E (inside IONetworking)

Asapreta, absolutely correct.

From Lnx2Mac blog:

Features:
Some highlights of the issues it fixes, and features provided are:

* Support for the following Realtek chips:
	  o RTL8168 / RTL8168B / RTL8168C
	  o RTL8111 / RTL8111B / RTL8111C / RTL8111CP / RTL8111D / RTL8111D(L) / RTL8111DP / RTL8111E

Now, How'd I make it work? Here's How:

All those facing many such problems in Lion… Many hardware pieces working up to SL 10.6.8, and not working in Lion 10.7.0. Well, I've taken the liberty of naming it 10.7.0… ;)

Most of you can go back, yes, I presume that you have not wiped your perfected SL 10.6.x install as of yet.

Simply copy the as is, perfectly working KEXTs of the hardware (you desperately want to use) to /Volumes/LION/Extra/Extensions/

Plz, do note that "Lion" is what I have named my 10.7 GM install Volume's Name. You can & should change it to whatever you have named it as.

Next, do NOT, yes do not delete the newer 10.7 KEXTs from the /S/L/E/ path of Lion as of yet. It doesn't taste bad, then don't remove vanilla ingredients!

Lastly, run these commands to fix kexts and build the cache:

cd /
cd /Volumes/Lion/Extra/Extensions/
chown -Rf 0:0 *
chmod -Rf 755 *

cd /
cd /Volumes/Lion/System/Library/Extensions/

chown -Rf 0:0 *
chmod -Rf 755 *

kextcache -v 1 -t -m /Volumes/Lion/Extra/Extensions/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Lion/Extra/Extensions/
kextcache -v 1 -t -m /Volumes/Lion/System/Library/Cache/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /Volumes/Lion/System/Library/Extensions/

This should solve the problems, and also let you use the older hardware. I did it the hard way, by experimenting and trying with older stuff. I don't know and can't say anything about ALc audio hardware yet, as I gave up on my ALC888b. I have 5.1 speakers (see my Sign) and SL was simply adamant. Thence, I went and got a Creative X-Fi USB. Works OOTB, and sounds Zillionuperb too!!!

Those facing BootPlaylist.plist missing error, should also boot via the USB install stick, and run these commands. This will fix the "missing cache" issue, and they can enter the new world of Lion 10.7 GM.

Oh! I forgot to mention this. Some of you who are facing an issue with USB install sticks, as some1 said Gigabyte boards hate USB sticks and they need to be formatted as HFS+ journaled, case sensitive. Wrong. I have regular HFS partition when I use distil list or even frisk -e to verify the same.

What it is, you missed a step or there would've been some error whilst copying by the OS. Dirty/bad/lose usb port connection, etc.

I suggest you try the the install.tar.gz at this thread uploaded and created by Tseug as it simply prepares your USB thumb drive for installation. That should help. Read it completely through. :D

Phew! More laters as I get on more with it. I'm currently about to transfer my TimeMachine backup to Lion. Hope all goes well, as people have reported this process to be failing, and screwing up a perfect Lion install… Cross fingers…

Taa. Regards,

Freaky Chokra B)

Ya I know, It's a long post… But then…. ;)

I just finished downloading it from my developer account and you will indeed need to make a fresh install of the GM.

Can you please post the SHA1 o MD5 sum of the image that you downloaded?

TIA

@Dajjal,

Thanks looking better!

MackyPro-ie.jpg

snapmonitor.jpg

Ok, now to overclock and see if any weirdness happens. (powermanegment and sleep out the window for sure)

Bluetooth wake from sleep an issue without the right bluetooth dongle in this build..

what kexts are you using for ati 4850 on lion?

@xpertvision

LegacyATI4800Controller.kext in the extensions folder and thats it nothing changed in the S/L/E folder.

-------pic below showing unhidden parts and the "kernelcache" thats so important----

------Hope pic can help out other members here and thanks to all Insanelymacians---

kextused.jpg

@xpertvision

LegacyATI4800Controller.kext in the extensions folder and thats it nothing changed in the S/L/E folder.

-------pic below showing unhidden parts and the "kernelcache" thats so important----

------Hope pic can help out other members here and thanks to all Insanelymacians---

kextused.jpg

thanks but i never used the "LegacyATI4800Controller.kext" i use the netkas edited kexts (he releases new ones for every new update)

can you explain what this LegacyATI4800Controller.kext does? or the advantage of using it?

thanks again :)

@xpertvision,

Use with PC EFI 10.4 or higher. Netkas made: legacyAti4800Controller kext, injects dev-id to ATI4800Controller.kext automatically. Its great for fresh boot or you would need to -x to boot then manually add dev-id. In the 10.6.0 days in my situation I would use a Nvidia 7300gt then boot then change dev-id and install drivers then shut down and install HD4850. bingo ... No tonymac, or even kext.com. Boy I sure read a lot! DSDT stuff was a mind bender at first. Noble people like member http://cartri.net/blog/category/project-mac-edition-bios and Netkas, Master Master Chief, blackosx and so on... One thing is true the more you READ here and search things sure get clear.

There are other methods! ROM injection and ATI driver.pkg floating around. Not all HD4850 are created the same some have different revisions and will not work as easly.

By the way love my Lion OS X the gestures on the trackpad feels like its meant to be after awhile.

Could anybody who has this (gold) release please upload the kernel so I can patch it for Atom?

Many users would benefit from this...

@xpertvision,

Use with PC EFI 10.4 or higher. Netkas made: legacyAti4800Controller kext, injects dev-id to ATI4800Controller.kext automatically. Its great for fresh boot or you would need to -x to boot then manually add dev-id. In the 10.6.0 days in my situation I would use a Nvidia 7300gt then boot then change dev-id and install drivers then shut down and install HD4850. bingo ... No tonymac, or even kext.com. Boy I sure read a lot! DSDT stuff was a mind bender at first. Noble people like member http://cartri.net/blog/category/project-mac-edition-bios and Netkas, Master Chef, blackosx and so on... One thing is true the more you READ here and search things sure get clear.

There are other methods! ROM injection and ATI driver.pkg floating around. Not all HD4850 are created the same some have different revisions and will not work as easly.

By the way love my Lion OS X the gestures on the trackpad feels like its meant to be after awhile.

thanks for the explanation :blink:

finally i have Lion fully working , this was my first attempt (all my old kexts work good just like in 10.6)

i used netkas "QE_CI_Exotic patch" + "ATY_Init.kext"

Could anybody who has this (gold) release please upload the kernel so I can patch it for Atom?

Many users would benefit from this...

here it is ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MC4LM0Y0

Just a quick question. Has anyone gotten the GM install app - not dmg file - and applied it to either 10.6.8 or 10.7 DP.n?

I have two OS X partitions on my system - one 10.6.8 and the other 10.7 DP4 and I tried it on both. It appeared to run the install setup correctly and reboot the system. It appears the intent is to adjust the boot process to do the new install. However, for me, it didn't do anything on the re-boot except boot the previous system - no upgrade of any type.

I would like to understand if it's just me or if it will not work on a hacked PC.

my console is full of errors...

everytime i click on finder i receave messages of this type in console:

08/07/11 01:35:37,889 Finder: copyPrimaryAirPortInterface::ACInterfaceDeviceNameCopy returned NULL

08/07/11 01:35:37,889 Finder: _CSIsWirelessP2PEnabled::copyPrimaryAirPortInterface failed

08/07/11 01:35:40,151 Finder: copyPrimaryAirPortInterface::ACInterfaceDeviceNameCopy returned NULL

08/07/11 01:35:40,151 Finder: _CSIsWirelessP2PEnabled::copyPrimaryAirPortInterface failed

08/07/11 01:35:40,598 Finder: copyPrimaryAirPortInterface::ACInterfaceDeviceNameCopy returned NULL

08/07/11 01:35:40,598 Finder: _CSIsWirelessP2PEnabled::copyPrimaryAirPortInterface failed

08/07/11 01:35:41,350 Finder: copyPrimaryAirPortInterface::ACInterfaceDeviceNameCopy returned NULL

08/07/11 01:35:41,350 Finder: _CSIsWirelessP2PEnabled::copyPrimaryAirPortInterface failed

08/07/11 01:37:20,630 Finder: copyPrimaryAirPortInterface::ACInterfaceDeviceNameCopy returned NULL

08/07/11 01:37:20,630 Finder: _CSIsWirelessP2PEnabled::copyPrimaryAirPortInterface failed

08/07/11 01:37:21,417 Finder: copyPrimaryAirPortInterface::ACInterfaceDeviceNameCopy returned NULL

08/07/11 01:37:21,417 Finder: _CSIsWirelessP2PEnabled::copyPrimaryAirPortInterface failed

08/07/11 01:37:22,168 Finder: copyPrimaryAirPortInterface::ACInterfaceDeviceNameCopy returned NULL

08/07/11 01:37:22,168 Finder: _CSIsWirelessP2PEnabled::copyPrimaryAirPortInterface failed

08/07/11 01:37:29,000 kernel: smb_smb_negotiate: Support for the server MEO has been deprecated (PreXP), disconnecting

looks like its related to Wireless and AirPort , i dont use nothing of that , how can i disable it? my console is full of this errors

Unfortunately, BugsB might have a point.

Here's something worse to worry about:

Your isp has detected you are running a illegal copy of apple’s o.s if you are not a developer you will need to remove this at once or face charges of piracy.

From that same site.

I haven't yet been able to get my RealTek 8139 working on Lion 10.7 GM yet so cant verify the same. Can anyone do that?

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :)

That's just FUD. There is no way an ISP can "detect" a pirated copy of an OS, esp Mac OS (which doesn't use a cd-key, serial, etc.). Apple can lock out the Server OS's that use a CD-Key (software update I am sure sends it), but that is Apple and only the Server OS.