Lion GM released today

89 posts in this topic

Did you upgrade from DP4 or make a clean install?

Clean install took about 20 minutes for os install the a lil more copying kexts over and stuff all in all within 40 minutes i have full qe/ci sound the whole nine

Hi

thanks for the infos!

I did update from latest DP4 and yes all progy's are working - nothing special to be done (replaced AppleHDA, RTL8169 kext...).

Hope this Mac OS X 10.7 (11A511) is the real GM one and not another DP! ;)

post-55980-1309628503_thumb.jpg

can I update my DP4 o do I have to do a new install? thanks

why you're so lazy :)

fresh install is the best option, takes only 20 min. !

used @ MaLd0n USB method and everything's fine :) !

CooSee ' Ya

Installed Lion GM on a test partition using MaLd0n's thread....

Thus far sleep seems to have been shot once again :) and well Audio is a no go cause i've not applied the fix that's floating around....

Grafix seems to have increased a bit but I have not run through a full system test to see, so far all seems well. This is a clean install,Only 3rd party apps were Cinebench & Geekbench..........

X58A-UD5 rev1.F6 | Core i7 930 | 4870 | 9 Gigs @1600MHz

post-545549-1309646911_thumb.png

Does Chameleon RC5 r1020 work with Lion or do i need a patched bootloader?

Yep, V900up works with LION.

But that doesnt mean you dont get boot problems. An hang at PCI config starts ... may occur and this problem has to do with PCI config in BIOS/DSDT.

(some BIOS/DSDT need changes _ADR > _UID in the PCI root). Look for thread here which help in that case.

My BIOS, GA EP35b didnt need changes, already has that _UID entry.

I did clean install Java installed when I clicked on "missing plugins" the problem I am having is random kernel panics if I boot with cpus=1 I dont have any problems but with out it will sometimes boot when it does it will panic within 10-20 min. although booting with cpus=1 does not seem to disable any cores once in the desktop it runs a lot better then DP4 did Photo booth does not work althouygh skype does

What i have to use to boot my laptop to install LION GM, XPC, [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or what?

Thanks in Advance

Also has anyone gotten the

virtual desktops, which Lion is also slated to support; that second feature means that you can remotely connect to your user account and your desktop 'underneath' a user who is currently logged in to the machine. A similar capability was baked into Snow Leopard, but it required some hairy workarounds to use effectively; the Lion version will be single-click friendly.

http://9to5mac.com/2011/02/27/10-7-lion-al...mote-computing/

http://www.joostteam.com/2011/05/16/lion-p...screen-sharing/

To work in GM?

It was nice to see they moved the 'Welcome" messages to the first dialog during the install.

So far, I am enjoying Lion GM. All my goodies from SL work great, and have not noticed any issues as of yet. I do wish there was support for my Intel PRO/Wireless AGN card, but that is life. My Ralink USB 11n dongle works great.

keep in mind: since GM does NOT (!) equal RTM but is still a pre-release, there is a chance that this install is NOT (fully) updatable via Software Update, but that you might have to install the final version over it, once it can be dled via App Store in two weeks or so. For more info look here.

@ TIMMAYOSX: I envy u a bit re. ur 15" Alienware Hacktop - looks and sounds all really great ;) !

Unfortunately, BugsB might have a point.

Here's something worse to worry about:

Your isp has detected you are running a illegal copy of apple’s o.s if you are not a developer you will need to remove this at once or face charges of piracy.

From that same site.

I haven't yet been able to get my RealTek 8139 working on Lion 10.7 GM yet so cant verify the same. Can anyone do that?

Lastly, can anyone have RealTek 8139 LAN card working in Lion help me out?

Regards,

Freaky Chokra :ninja: