TIMMAYOSX

TIMMAYOSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
SleepEnablerNG 1.0.2 (i386 & x64) - July 2, 2011

:D v1.0.1+ has full Lion GM support.

SleepEnablerNG is based on SleepEnabler by Meklort, but updated for full Snow Leopard (10.6.0 - 10.6.8), and Lion.
This version differs in that it takes care of buffer overflow issues present in the existing SleepEnabler that can, for some users present issues such as random KPs, specifically in Lion and newer, untested kernels.

I am now part of the SleepEnabler project, and as such this will be one of my last release of SleepEnablerNG. Future updates will be on the official SleepEnabler project. (makes things much easier for users)

This version will auto detect the pmVersion on Snow Leopard (up to 10.6.8), and Lion (10.7.0). If you are using a release outside of this, you will need to specify a pmVersion parameter.

Version 1.0.2 (did a much needed rewrite, but otherwise functionally identical to 1.0.1)
kext Attached File  SleepEnablerNG1.0.2.zip   15.67KB   2746 downloadssource Attached File  SleepEnablerNG1.0.2_src.zip   21.35KB   201 downloads
Version 1.0.1
kext Attached File  SleepEnablerNG1.0.1.zip   15.72KB   273 downloadssource Attached File  SleepEnablerNG1.0.1_src.zip   22.07KB   45 downloads

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

I do not have Lion DP4 installed at the moment

?

quoting your sig: Lion (DP4) installed ???

TIMMAYOSX

TIMMAYOSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
I had been using DP4, however xcode is not compatible with Lion yet, so I was forced to reinstall Snow Leopard for the development.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts

I have maintained compatibility with the pmVersion kernel parameter.

unclear - does that mean your mod REQUIRES pmVersion to be set in com.apple.Boot.plist? --> for 10.6.8:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v pmVersion=23</string>
if so, then saying

Simply put it in /Extra/Extensions, fix permissions & caches, and reboot. Don't forget to remove SleepEnabler.kext first.

would be misleaing, not mentioning that the pmVersion parameter MUST be set.

Please improve your manual a bit, TIMMAYOS - Thanks :blink:

I had been using DP4, however xcode is not compatible with Lion yet, so I was forced to reinstall Snow Leopard for the development.

LOL Ok thanks for the clarification. Xcode Lion should come with the DVD, shouldn't it.

TIMMAYOSX

TIMMAYOSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
No, the pmVersion is optional, and only needs to be set if you are using a kernel > 10.8.0 (OS X 10.6.8)

xcode 3 is only for SL
xcode 4 (beta) is also only for SL at this time. I am sure they will release a Lion compatible version when Lion is released. Also, this is a paid version, at least during it's beta cycle.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts

The extension will detect any SL release between 10.6.0 and 10.6.8.

wow, you were able to code pmVersion auto-detect, respect my friend!

TooSixy

TooSixy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

xcode 4 (beta) is also only for SL at this time. I am sure they will release a Lion compatible version when Lion is released. Also, this is a paid version, at least during it's beta cycle.

XCode 4.1 is for Lion. You can get it if you have a Developer account.

Effendi

Effendi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Apart from the not very interesting XCode issue raised here: Did anyone give this kext a try?

dani77zg

dani77zg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Apart from the not very interesting XCode issue raised here: Did anyone give this kext a try?

I did.
And it's working fine for me.
No key strings needed, no issues.

Thnx TIMMAYOSX.

My rig is built arround GA-EP35-DS4 with SL 10.6.8. 64-bit

Axolo

Axolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
YES!! It work! Incredible!))
Thank's dude!!!
[Snow Leo 10.6.8 Native Bootloader Chimera, i3 540 4Gb RAM, P7H55-M]

TIMMAYOSX

TIMMAYOSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

XCode 4.1 is for Lion. You can get it if you have a Developer account.

I was thinking about it. $99 bucks / year is not all that bad. I will probably go that route once Lion is officially released. For the time being, I am able to develop Lion extensions with xcode 3.2.6 under Snow Leopard, so not too bad. (though I will have to convert my desktop to OS X next, to simplify testing).

nawcom

nawcom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Retired Developers
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Mind {censored}. Telephony.
I got a link to this thread from meklort; he was sorta pissed - I'm not really sure what your goal is with this. You essentially took the code from the open source project, renamed it, and closed it up. As of now you haven't added anything. This isn't a branch of the code - it's just a direct copy of it.

Feel free to contribute to SleepEnabler, meklort and I helped improve simek's code via permission, and you are welcome to contribute as well. By the way, It's been updated for Lion - feel free to take a look for those who are in search for it, source code is available. The purpose of the kext will soon get moved to the bootloader, as it's on our list of things to cover.

http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=806

TIMMAYOSX

TIMMAYOSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
I mean in no way to step on anybody's toes. From everything I have read, seen, and heard I honestly thought the code was abandoned as it was not updated any longer (well, not until today), and had some serious issues for those with > 10.6.6 releases. I was in a bind, as were thousands of others with no other options available.

Seeing the code is MIT licensed, I decided at that time to fork the code, and modernize it. I am however very pleased to see SleepEnabler has just been updated, and I would not mind joining or contributing to the project. This would save me from setting up a google code account.

Cheers, and thanks again.

meklort

meklort

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 136 posts
TIMMAYOSX, I had a couple of issues with the way you released this.

1) You didn't include the source. I have nothing agains you continuing sleep enabler, however, if you make changes, please include the source. I see that you have recently updated your first post to include them.

2) The way the post was written, it sounded like you added something new, while in reality, the only thing you did was as the pm versions for 10.6.7 and for 10.6.8. Also note that the values in the source for 10.6.7 is incorrect. You have it at 22, while it should be 21. If a user on 10.6.7 uses this, they will get a kernel panic.

If you would like to be added to the google code project so that you can make changes, send me a PM.

TIMMAYOSX

TIMMAYOSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Thank you, I will send you a PM.

If you look in pmCPUSkel.h, you will notice something slightly different, and with my explanation in sleepenabler.c, you will understand why the change was made.

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

The purpose of the kext will soon get moved to the bootloader, as it's on our list of things to cover.

http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=806

@nawcom,

Do you have ETA for this. RC5 ?

Cheers

RSN

RSN

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
Thanks for your effort.

In my case it didnt work, panic.

I have Lion DP4 in an Intel dp55kg with i7. I tried without pmVersion and states its registered but disabled. pmVersion=23 panics and I cannt see where does it say what number to use. Can u help.

Regards.

Kasakka

Kasakka

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
I don't think I've ever seen an explanation for what SleepEnabler does. What exactly does it do?

For the record the versions I've tried have never been able to fix the only problem that my Abit IP35 board has - waking from sleep. The system does sleep, but it does not wake up properly, instead you get a blank screen and probably a jammed computer because you can't launch anything via keyboard.

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
Not working! Lion (11A494a) throws KP on pmVersions from 20 and beyond. Without pmVersion, kext does not load. This is not ready for prime time.

Donw35

Donw35

Hackintosh Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
Great work, my backup hackinthosh now sleeps and wakes using Apple bluetooth module.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy