Last Lion Build That Works with Core Duo?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

drrty byl

drrty byl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I am trying to install Lion on my Intel D945/Pentium D 820 CPU setup.

I have removed /System/Library/PlatformSupport.plist from DP build a390, but the system still hangs/black screen at "Loading Darwin x86_64" or similar at the end of the boot dialog. Is it also necessary to supplement boot.efi?

Successfully installed Lion with a Core Duo? If so, would you mind sharing the build number and necessary modifications? Thanks in advance.

sirbow2

sirbow2

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
pentium D are not "core" they are an older architechture so you need a legacy kernel. but there are no legacy kernels for lion yet.

ssprod

ssprod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
Greetings, trying to install DP4 on a Dell D620 (4 gigs ram/120HD/945 graphics) Core Duo Processor. Not feelin' the love, any thoughts suggestions much appreciated.

drrty byl

drrty byl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

pentium D are not "core" they are an older architechture so you need a legacy kernel. but there are no legacy kernels for lion yet.

Yep -- sorry for the spam: it's a seldom used machine and I was think D was the desktop variant of core duo. Too much chip branding...

Will try some things and reply here with any success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy