icant boot osx lion 10.7 I'm stuck here "solved"

ROSO

33 posts in this topic

yes i have snow leopard installed...

and my pc is

msi ms-7379

and intel e8400 core 2 duo

One important thing that I forget i not installed lion I can not bring up the installation

yes on usb hd,

i try this guide and I did exactly the same in the guide and the problem Same thing exactly.

When I plug in something to usb its load on new line

and snow leopard boot perfect ;)

Same here trying to install on acer aspire 8940g gts250 i7 quad 1.6. snow leopard works perfect. tried all the guides usb partition etc darn rig keeps hanging on this.

post-45898-1309639427_thumb.jpg

post-45898-1309639507_thumb.jpg

any one out there with serious brain juice on this?

thanks.

Same effect with GM Lion. grrrr just won't boot

Yes I tried now the same problem appears I'm going crazy for a month I'm trying

I think our solution will come only from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or multibest tonymacx86

When Apple will release the final version they will release [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

the Hang could be due to your FERMI Vid CARD. I had this Problem with 3 different Hacks I have set up. throw in a different vid card for the install and then make sure that the FERMI KEXTs are correctly installed.

just my 2 cents, let me know if it works for you.

HBP

the Hang could be due to your FERMI Vid CARD. I had this Problem with 3 different Hacks I have set up. throw in a different vid card for the install and then make sure that the FERMI KEXTs are correctly installed.

just my 2 cents, let me know if it works for you.

HBP

Really great to have a response. Sadly though regarding my system it's an Acer Aspire 8940G Notebook with Nvidia GTS250 card built in. Donno if it is worth or even possible to change that fact.

So, need some new idea maybe.

thanks again for any further help.

Gawd, this really sucks. Its amazing how snow leopard has no problems at all, but I can't even get the installer to come up for lion. Still stuck with that same error as Rosa. Ive tried DP4 and the GM. I've tried every tutorial I can find. I've tried it on partitions, usb, cd. I've tried -f, -F, -X, arch=i386/86_x64 and more and in all different combinations. I've tried several different chameleons. I've tried everything I could think of. Its extremely irritating. Does anyone, anywhere, have and ideas. Has anyone with a dell vostro 1510 got lion to work?

I will try damn near anything at this point! Help please!!! Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

hey peps i got this too, but i have an idea (im not at home so i cant try it) see this guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260594

it says to copy all those other files form the ECD dmg not jsut packages to the USB or HDD. someone try that guide that has this error and see if you can boot :

"1.Open Mac OS X Install ECD and copy these five files to the root of your new partition.

1..disk_lable.

2.boot.efi.

3.kernelcache.

4.mach_kernel.

5.MacOSX_Media_Background.png."

Maybe it makes you feel less alone if I mention that I encounter the same (and other strange) errors while booting SL and Lion. Both worked perfect when I went to bed yesterday and now booting shows me either the same message as in posting #1 or the boot halts while "executing fsck_hfs"... Funny thing is, that I managed to boot up SL once this morning and no more after that. Guess it's some Steve Voodoo to make me buy a real Mac Pro :/

Checked that, I have a preset saved that I load in such cases. It's easy to notice because my main board always displays a full screen logo thing after a reset.

However, in case I missed it once: Is it enough to try booting into an installation with a changed BIOS setting to screw the whole setup so that you need to reinstall again? Thanks for giving me a hint, I am getting a little upset here with having to reinstall all the time. Using my MB Air now to have a stable workplace until this is sorted out.

i send MaLd0n a message i think he's a talented man he will find us or bring good ideas to the problem

all he said to me was -x

ok i think i found a solution! check this post , then one after: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...&start=500#

post 507#

ihave mine set to imac as thats what my smbios said that i put in /E so i think if i take that out it will work :) or set it to MacPro3,1 (as mine defaults to imac)

Edit\ damn that was for romez not that other dude, romez deleted his post so it looks like its for zeyoung. sorry may still work idk.