system config file 'com.apple.boot.slist' not found

luke9511

63 posts in this topic

cool im currently running the command and there is no progress bar or anything to tell me how much is done but i know its doing something as the light on my thumb drive is blinking like crazy hopefully it will finish if i just leave it as is

EDIT ok it finished now how do i boot from it? i started kakewalk and it wont even show it

you can burn the iso from windows, friends?

if i could get it to fit on a 4.7gig dvd i could do it but i have yet found a way to do it on windows and i dont know anyone with a mac or a dual layer burner im only option would be to put the iso on a usb thumb drive and buy a blank dual layer and try to burn it in a apple store but that wouldnt be easy

you could edit the iso and remove all the language packs, and printer drivers :(

but you have to be careful as some programs will mess up the boot ability the ISO

easy to find a premade one on the net: let me google that for you:

http://tinyurl.com/6a4h65y

i appreciate your help i really do but you didnt have to post that link i find it very rude im not stupid after all, and i have already tried that and all the torrents dont have enough seeders and i dont feel like waiting 3 weeks to download.

i have tried removing the files using transmac and poweriso but the files are not big enough to make a big enough dent

just thought i would post an update, i went out today and bought a copy of snow leopard and i tried installing it with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and it installed but it wouldnt boot not even with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], now im trying it with kakewalk and as i type this its installing whether or not it will work i wont know til its done its still got 26 minutes left

EDIT ok it finished and it still wont boot not even with kakewalk when i try and boot with kakewalk it goes to the grey apple screen with the thing that spins at the bottom and then after that it stays grey or has a black bar in the middle of the screen

EDIT 2 ok i managed to get it to start using -x and the kakewalk cd but thats the only way i installed the kakewalk thing for my motherboard but it wont boot with out the cd and -x maybe i should try and update it to the most recent version as it is version 10.6.3

EDIT 3 ok I finally got this stupid thing up and running and everything is nice and smooth and even the sound works thanks for all the help

There ya go!!!! have fun!

quick question im wanting to change my ati card to a nvidia card cause i keep reading nvidia is better for that and i would like to do some light gaming but how would i go about installing the drivers as there is no driver download for osx?

• 7 months later...