system config file 'com.apple.boot.slist' not found

luke9511

63 posts in this topic

ok gimme your gchat or something using this forum to chat is pathetic.

ok i have a pretrtty much fool proof way to get it to work, do you have any linux live CD's or any linux installiations?

make chameleon fat32 flash drive in linux:

For simplicity, this example uses a single Fat32 formatted partition and MBR. If you experience problems, try with HFS+ partition and/or GPT layout (remember to use boot1h stage1 loader for HFS+ partitions). A great tool for creating GPT partition tables under linux is gdisk.

0. Partition your media, and make sure it is not mounted

1. Format the Usb stick to F32:

# mkfs.vfat -F32 /dev/sdx1

2. Install Chameleon's stage0 boot loader to the usb device:

# dd if=boot0 of=/dev/sdx bs=440 count=1

3. Install Chameleon's stage1 f32 boot loader to the usb partition:

# dd if=boot1f32 of=/dev/sdx1

4. Mount the partition:

# sudo mount /dev/sdx1 /mnt/usb

5. Copy the contents of Chameleon's root folder:

# cp -r boot /mnt/usb/

# cp -r Extra /mnt/usb (Extra folder from usb.zip)

6. set active:

# fdisk /dev/sdx

>a

>1

6. Unmount the Usb stick:

# sudo umount /dev/sdx1 . .

then you can modify it from windows!

the chameleon files are attached at the end(in manual install folder of zip(boot0, boot1f32)), along with the Kexts for your mobo: the usb stick kexts in the usb zip, and the stuff for the HDD installation in final retail zip.

if you get you must be root error use: sudo command_here

so "sudo dd if=boot1f32 of=/dev/sdx1"

you have to find your flashdrive name: /dev/sdx : sdb, sdc etc use a partition manger in linux.

Manual_Install.zip

i followed every single step and tried to boot from it and it wouldnt boot, so i plugged it into my windows laptop and windows wanted to format it so im going to boot into my ubuntu cd again and try again

EDIT tried again and it still wont boot, i formatted it to boot in windows and then copied my windows dvd to it to see if that would make it boot and that works so i know the drive is good but i cant get it to boot with that stuff

ok hmm when you try to boot from it does it skip over it like its not there?

could be that its not set to active partition.

im not sure how to set partition active besides

fdisk /dev/sdx

>a

>1

try 1 (enter) a (enter), or 1 a (enter) or a 1 (enter) you get the point. also you could try using gparted as it is a gui, under administration.

maybe its wrong. do all the steps. then but not the "fdisk /dev/sdx" and then plug it into windows. right click my computer, manage, disk management, right click on the flash drive and mark as active.

in windows or ubuntu can you mount the usb, and see the Extra files inside?

i get some sort of error when i try to set it as active in ubuntu and when i plug it into windows windows says it needs to be formatted before it can be used, also can i use cygwin for windows to setup the usb?

EDIT cygwin works yay but i cannot mark it as active thats probably the problem right there, if i go into computer managent and right click on it mark active is greyed

well i do have some good news and some bad news, first the good since i was having so much trouble booting the bootloaders i went out and bought a new cd/dvd drive and now the boot loaders are loading but my copy of ideneb seems to be to old for it as it is version 1.4,

but i just found my dvd with kakewalk and im at the grey apple screen and i think its stuck at waiting for root device but im not sure i will restart with -v so i know for sure but now im getting close so im happy

ok it seems to stop reading the dvd with this message

Jun 29 14:50:59 localhost DirectoryService[53]: Launched version 5.4 (514.21)

there is also some stuff in yellow but i can only see one which is nullcpupowermanagent im guessing im missing some kexts

if i can figure out how to add those or find a new version or figure out how to make my sl iso small enough to fit on a single layer dvd i should be good to go

did you try with the usual -x etc

that cd is a n older version of kakewalk but it should still boot, the newest USB installer (no more CD installer) just had small updates

try un plugging everything from your computer but mouse keyboard and monitor when you boot.

also what HDD's do you have in your comp? any ide's

did you try with the usual -x etc

that cd is a n older version of kakewalk but it should still boot, the newest USB installer (no more CD installer) just had small updates

try un plugging everything from your computer but mouse keyboard and monitor when you boot.

also what HDD's do you have in your comp? any ide's

no ide's just sata, i did get some headway it would boot the ideneb dvd but it would show a screen that said something about need to restart the computer by holding down the power button

you got AHCI in bios?

if its already on ahic try other setting

the pic im posting is from one of the kakewalk iso's im not sure which when i hit enter it will boot the kakewalk cd and not give me the chance to switch to ideneb now if i switch before i hit enter it says it cant find the kakewalk kernel

if i try the other kakewalk it gives me the screen where it says to switch to the osx dvd and that works but i get a bunch of stuff in yellow which goes by to fast to read and it wont do anything after that

post-819781-1309959468_thumb.jpg

i tried it on my computer, the new kakewalk, it worked:

When the bootloader ask you for rescan, press ENTER.

Go to boot options (f8), Swap disks(wait a few seconds), then press ESC to rescan drive. When the name of the DVD appears, press ENTER.

i tried it on my computer, the new kakewalk, it worked:

When the bootloader ask you for rescan, press ENTER.

Go to boot options (f8), Swap disks(wait a few seconds), then press ESC to rescan drive. When the name of the DVD appears, press ENTER.

says cant find kake_kernel when i hit enter

hmm i thought these cds were jsut supposed to "work"

can you enter cmds like -v etc?

remove all storage devices except cd drive, HDD to install to.

try bt(0,0)/mach_kernel

and bt(1,0)/mach_kernel

its sayign where the kernel is, you have an intel system so idk why it need the kake kernel so, i think one of those cmds will find the mach kernel from the dvd,

(0,0) means HDD etc number, partition number 0,0 first HDD or device, first partiton.

try messing with it changin numbers, if you only have a CD drive and HDD in then HDD number can only be 0 or 1, if you cant get mach_kernel try finding kake_kernel.

yeah it did that to me but i just kept on going, typing swaping etc

it wouldnt let me type or anything im at a loss im sure one problem is that im using a ideneb that is leopard and not snow leopard but thats all i can use as the sl iso i have is to big to burn on a single layer dvd so unless i get a sl dvd or something this probably aint gong to work for me

so copy the iso onto a hard drive boot up into ubuntu open a terminal and type that in but instead of hdd use maybe a 8 gig usb thumb drive to do it and i should be able to boot from it and use kakewalk to boot to it?