Sony VPC-EB : [How to?]

Piemo

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

it's my first post, but I hope not to post in the wrong section.

One year ago I bought a Sony Vaio VPCE with this configuration...

immaginevef.jpg

in the last three months I used SnowLeopard in VirtualBox, using LeoHazard 10.6.6 distro.

Yet I finally decided to install it in trialboot with Ubuntu and Win7. My question are:

-which distro is better to start with my HW? I know that ATI 5650 is not compatible with 3D in Osx86, but I don't need in fact particular visual effect, I need it only to work comfortly on XCode.

-how many GB does it to install? Enough 12? I "will work" on data on Windows7 partition

-i'm using GRUB (alternate version of GRUB) for the dualboot...will it mess with the installation of OSx86?

-It's true that after install of OSx86 i HAVE TO reinstall from 0 all WIN7 and Ubuntu?

Hope to have your help.

You can install Mac OS X Retail on your notebook.

- ATI 5650 is fully supported in MAC OS X - Tutorial is on the forum

- 12GB is minimum to working with clean MAC OS, if you want working with xCode I suggest that you should create a 50GB partition because in MAC OS 10.5 the NTFS partition was not fully supported (i don't know how is in SL).

- It's not true that you have to reinstall WIN 7 after installation MAC OS X. You can use nawcom's BootCD (if you want install Retail, i don't know how is on any distribution)

Sorry for my english.

- It's not true that you have to reinstall WIN 7 after installation MAC OS X. You can use nawcom's BootCD (if you want install Retail, i don't know how is on any distribution)

Sorry for my english.

What's BootCD? I suppose the option to boot osx only with the CD inside the laptop. So you suggest the Nawcom retail to install? I'm not sure of having understood right

xcode is usable with FAT32 instead of NTFS? I have a 12Gb partition "unused"

are you sure that the osx installation will not harm in any way win7 or ubuntu? I'm in exam period, so I've not too much time to reinstall everything...but, you know...when you look at something you're interested to...it's difficult to stop and wait. :D

I'm sure about it... because I start install a MAC OS X on VAIO VPCEB3M1E, and I have WIN 7 and with nawcom bootCD i install osx on the second partition on my disk and I don't need to reinstall windows.

BootCD is a special CD with bootloader and kexts... with this CD you can boot the Mac OS X.

After the installation with BootCD you can install chameleon (chameleon is bootloader) and you don't need have this cd to run Mac OS.

Yes I suggest to install Retail.

In this moment I have only clean installation Mac OS X 10.6.3 so if you will have any trouble with wi-fi, audio or other i can't help because i don't know what to do.

I'm sure about it... because I start install a MAC OS X on VAIO VPCEB3M1E, and I have WIN 7 and with nawcom bootCD i install osx on the second partition on my disk and I don't need to reinstall windows.

BootCD is a special CD with bootloader and kexts... with this CD you can boot the Mac OS X.

After the installation with BootCD you can install chameleon (chameleon is bootloader) and you don't need have this cd to run Mac OS.

Yes I suggest to install Retail.

In this moment I have only clean installation Mac OS X 10.6.3 so if you will have any trouble with wi-fi, audio or other i can't help because i don't know what to do.

well, at the moment at home I had no DVD-DL to burn the osx retail, so I tried with a DVD-RW to try booting Hazard 10.6.6 and Hazard 10.6.2/10.6.3, both distro I had on the PC from before when I used OsX on virtualbox-

I had only one issue with every kind of command or line i tried to type

-x

-v

-f

arch=i386

cpus=1

also combined...and I'm having the same result:

it load the DVD (it seems), then for a 0.5 second i can see a grey screen with the apple...after this half second the PC reboot itself and restart from the VAIO logo as nothing happened. :rolleyes:

try this

-v -busratio=18

try it in 32bit mode

I never use Hazard distribution... only iAtkos v2 and after that installation run.

Maybe you need to boot with legacy kernel. then try this:

-v kernel=insert_here_path_to_legacy_kernel_on_dvd

try this

-v -busratio=18

try it in 32bit mode

I never use Hazard distribution... only iAtkos v2 and after that installation run.

Maybe you need to boot with legacy kernel. then try this:

-v kernel=insert_here_path_to_legacy_kernel_on_dvd

at ther end i finally solved booting with busratio and using 10.6.3 instead of 10.6.6.

Which is the correct way to update then? Deleting the sleepenabler.kext in system-library-extensions and usin the compoupdate downloaded from apple website?

I have EB1S1R/Wi (i5-430m + HD5650) with 10.6.7 Retail

Working:

Videocard (Full QE/CI)

HDMI

Audio (without HDMI)

USB

Wi-Fi

Bluetooth

Touchpad

Keyboard

Camera

Not Working:

Network card

I installed 10.6.3 + nawcom ModCD, then updated to 10.6.7.