Vista and 5536 a go!?

MILBO

21 posts in this topic

http://home.mchsi.com/~khadzic/MyWebsite/f...a828a6d-26.html

The new Vista Pre-RC1 build (5536) works now on Intel Macs. The installation procedure is the same as with Windows XP SP2. The only down side is that not all the drivers provided in Boot Camp will work under Vista; the iSight and the Apple keyboard will not install. The performace of this build is amazing when compared to the Beta 2 that was made available to the public a few months ago. All the bells and whistles of the new Aero GUI are supported on my MacBook Pro, and according to online reports even the plain MacBook supports all of the new effects.

This isn't working for me, when I select the 25GB new partition, it just says Windows did not find a partition suitable for installation, and does not let me hit Next.

Anyone know why that's happening to me?

http://home.mchsi.com/~khadzic/MyWebsite/f...a828a6d-26.html

The new Vista Pre-RC1 build (5536) works now on Intel Macs. The installation procedure is the same as with Windows XP SP2. The only down side is that not all the drivers provided in Boot Camp will work under Vista; the iSight and the Apple keyboard will not install. The performace of this build is amazing when compared to the Beta 2 that was made available to the public a few months ago. All the bells and whistles of the new Aero GUI are supported on my MacBook Pro, and according to online reports even the plain MacBook supports all of the new effects.

By saying "even the plain MacBook supports all of the new effects." are you saying aero will work without a gig of ram? If so my macbook will be busy tonight! :blink::D

Nope. The macbooks still need 1 gig RAM and always will :blink:

I cant get Vista to even remember that my drivers are installed for the screen. Though I was able to install the keyboard, mouse, eject button, and isight drivers which was previously thought to not work!

I followed your tutorial and wasnt able to find the Keyboard item you were talking about. I did however mess around in the folders and ended up getting the sound to work, although it wont recognize the headphone jack. My Device manager says that my iSight and keyboard are both working but Im pretty sure the iSight isnt. On my keybpoard I can use the eject key but I cant adjust brightness or volume. Im getting closer though.

EVERYTHING works on my MBP with the newest vista build. I gave it 21 gig (it has 11 still free), and then after installing bootcamp drivers, I uninstalled the ati drivers, and went to ati.com and got the vista beta drivers and installed. No problem whatsoever, well except symantec AV 10.1 or 10.2 wont work for me. Dam, it's gorgeous too. It sure beats the heck outta OSX's gui, I'll tell ya that. But then again it's more "natural" to me because i'm a windows guy, and will have to support it anyway in my careerfield (Systems Admin for a Windows and Mac Environment, 97% Windows of course).

This isn't working for me, when I select the 25GB new partition, it just says Windows did not find a partition suitable for installation, and does not let me hit Next.

Anyone know why that's happening to me?

yea i get the same error

i have installed it on an IDE hdd thought but it says video card didn't have enough resources or wahtever

so trying it wiht the internal SATA but now gives me that same error.. i restored my system to single partiotjn using bootcamp and redid it all from scratch but nothing same error

i have a stock Mac Pro 3GHz

any thoughts?

ive been reading some other threads and someone suggested to partiotion is below 32gb so tried that

and i get the same error

heres what i get...

when selecting the partition Disk 0 Partition 3 (made by bootcamp 1.1)

"This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu"

then when you click next it will say....

"Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets it's criteria for installation"

also the windows vista setup gui is at very low liek 8bit colors is that normal for everyone that has done this?

I used boot camp 1.1 to set up my partition, but I can't get it to recognize my vista rc1 pre dvd. I have read a few places that I should boot from the dvd and delete the efi partition, but I can't get it to boot off of the dvd I created. I am using disk utility to burn the iso to a disk. Do I need to do something different to create a bootable disk? I am a fairly new to Mac, but a very proficient windows user. Thanks in advance.

Hmm thats weird. Well first, you should see if its corrupted or not. If not, heres what i did (and ALWAYS do) to burn my disk images. Find the application "Terminal" in the utilities folder and open it. type "hdiutil burn [disk image of vista pre-rc1]" and click enter and it will burn it!

I have a Macbook Pro. I had been burning it by copying the files from the iso into a burn folder. That is where my problem was. Bootcamp wouldn't recognize it. I used disk utility and burned the iso and then bootcamp was able to recognize it and I was able to load windows. It loaded very fast and the little I used of it, seemed to work okay.

I might have time to mess with it today, and try to get everything running.