MULTI-UPDATE (QE/CI kextpack) 10.6.8 new Mobility4650 kexts toshiba

smartie77

56 posts in this topic

As you see : it is all try and error , that's both the fun part as well the frustrating part.. :)

The ATY_Init is only a text file, I made it yesterday ( the kext is not mine, I modified it for our card and framebuffer ) it tells OSX to load the Shrike framebuffer for our 9480 model- the booter did that before on a hardware level; it is an attempt to no longer need "GraphicsEnabler" and therefore no special boot file. Basically we can use any ( or the newest ) Chameleon with it , drop GE=Yes from our boot config and still have fully working ATI mobility.

Because the problem with our "boot" solution is that we are limited to very few and old files or need to program our owns. Having only one extra kext in /S/L/E is more efficient and frees us from the boot trouble.

AnyiSight.kext is only cosmetical. It does nothing but only change "UVC xy blah webcam" to "Apple integrated iSight".

Thing is : Either a cam works just out of the Box or it doesn't. You have seen it with the Logitech you bought - it works without any kext, just plug and play.

I dont know what camera is in your Laptop - in my is a "Chicony" UVC 1.3MP Cam. ( compared to isight and logitech HD it is {censored} .. ) - when I launch photobooth for example the blue light in the cam goes on but I have no picture, only black..

PhotoBooth after activated cam in Camtwist : post-156995-1310245924_thumb.png

QuicktimeX Videorecording with internal webcam : post-156995-1310246734_thumb.png

Picture of the Laptops cam - see the cigarette .. I can even operate Photobooth and QT X recording at the same time with camtwist : post-156995-1310246835_thumb.jpg

Like I Said before : "Camtwist" is the solution for problem cams in OSX . It can activate the cards that do not play nice with Apples apps. First launch the bad App, then launch camtwist and activate card from there, close camtwist. Now Photobooth/ichat/Quicktime have video from the cam. This is because Apple broke the UVC protocol in OSX, they have so to say their own way of doing things ( mainly so that their isight solution internal works ). Has nothing to do with webcam or videodrivers.

Get Camtwist 2.1 here ( freeware ) : Camtwist for leo/Snow

This or a external cam that is mac compatible. ( Logitech makes their "mac" cams so that the UVC protocol is implemented like Apple does it for their own apps .. Microsoft cams for example dont work out of the box)

Camtwist does nothing for my internal Web Cam.

But I did find out something interesting today, that my Logitech Webcam does the exact same thing as my internal Webcam at startup, giving me a black screen in photobooth. To fix this, I simply unplug it and replug it back in and it fires up fine.

Evocam and SightSpeed can both use the Logitech or the Bison NB Pro internal webcam however in this state, they both give me a web cam image. But Photobooth and iChat both give black screens.

So if I can figure out how to do a soft eject and insert of the internal USB web cam (like in windows if you do a remove and rescan for devices in Device manager), I think it will initialise the internal Web cam fine.

I know the Bison driver in Mac OS X works fine with the Bison, as when I connect it via Vmware to Mac OS X it works in both iChat and Photobooth. However this is simulating an inserting of the web camera when I connect it via Vmware. I am hoping to find a unix command to achieve the same thing.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Camtwist does nothing for my internal Web Cam.

But I did find out something interesting today, that my Logitech Webcam does the exact same thing as my internal Webcam at startup, giving me a black screen in photobooth. To fix this, I simply unplug it and replug it back in and it fires up fine.

Evocam and SightSpeed can both use the Logitech or the Bison NB Pro internal webcam however in this state, they both give me a web cam image. But Photobooth and iChat both give black screens.

So if I can figure out how to do a soft eject and insert of the internal USB web cam (like in windows if you do a remove and rescan for devices in Device manager), I think it will initialise the internal Web cam fine.

I know the Bison driver in Mac OS X works fine with the Bison, as when I connect it via Vmware to Mac OS X it works in both iChat and Photobooth. However this is simulating an inserting of the web camera when I connect it via Vmware. I am hoping to find a unix command to achieve the same thing.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

like I said : Apple has a very unique implementation of UVC usb .. it is broken. Thats why you see this behaviour. Nothing to do with Hackintoshes, you would see the same in a real Mac.

arch=i386 loads OSX 32bit.

You can see in System Profiler -> Software section what kernel is used.

OSX is a hybrid System, it is both 32 and 64bit - depends on what you want it to be :-) Softwarewise it is no matter, 32bit OSX can still run 64bit apps. But 64bit is overall faster system depending that you have enough Ram ( 2GB or so - the more the better ). 64 bit adresses all the Ram natively while 32bit uses PAE extensions in the kernel and loads 4GB plus re-maps the rest of the ram to the 4GB limit. PAE can be an issue. Microsoft Windows has that only activated in Server 2003 and 2008, xp,vista and 7 in 32bit can only adress 3,5GB ram. OSX and most Linuxes can all do PAE, it is not linited to Servers.

If one has kexts that are only 32bit, it is wise to only load the i386 kernel . Apples own OSX kexts are both, 32 and 64bit.

I wonder only why you have 64bit issues. My kexts are edited for both 32/64 and I myself use OSX only in 64bit mode, so it should work.

Hi and many thanks for the great explanation! :) I think I've found out why I can't boot in 64bit mode... The "Voodoo PS/2 Controller" supports only 32bit. I think I have to replace theme with the one from Apple. So I'll search them and try to delete the Voodoo kext... Should Kext utility fix everthing after I delete the Voodoo Kext or what does "pfix" better? I've just read to use pfix after deleting a kext...

EDIT:

I've deleted the voodoo PS/2 by terminal with sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/...

I've placed your Files with kext helper, repaired the permissions with kext utility and rebooted. It worked fine.

After this I've changed arch=i386 to x86_64 with the same error that the AppleRTC is damaged...?

--- > "system get stuck on "PCI configuration begins""

known error for some people that upgrade to 10.6.8 or Lion.

Solution : Use IOPCIfamily.kext and IOACPIfamily.kext from 10.6.7 , I am sure somewhere on this board you find them or you head over to kexts.com, I know they have it for download.

I have no 10.6.7 update dmg or files on the HDD, and my kexts in /S/L/E are the original 10.6.8 ones.

Concerning Tutorial .. well lots of people ask me, but I dont know where to start, it sounds so overcomplicated with SL fresh install, then the updating to 10.6.x, then .. With Lion it would be easier to start a more streamlined tutorial, supposedly Lion will support my hack . Problem is that Apple changed the ATI kexts in LION, and I am struggling with QE/CI.

Another thing : I have more then one solution.. so which one shall I write about ;-) :

Because I still work on a GraphicsEnabler=No Solution for Snow/LION, so that we can use any chameleon ( or even PC-efi or other booter ). Lion does not eat all the booters we use for SL, so it would be good to make it future-ready.. For that to work I have rewritten netkas ATY_init with Shrike info inside. Basically you put this kext together with the ATI ones in /S/L/E and edit the com.apple.boot.plist to not use GraphicsEnabler. It seems to work, and the double entry of monitors under pci-cards in Systemprofiler is gone with that.

here if you want to try ( remember : GraphicsEnabler= No IF you use this. If you remove this, then you need GE = YES ).

ATY_Init.kext.zip

Doing so -- this brings this result ( 3D full working, accelerated gui ) :

post-156995-1310166290_thumb.png

Hi Smartie,

Any idea's on what modifications are required for the ATI_Init.kext to work with my mobility 4670?

My ROM Revision 113-B7710C-176 and Device ID of 0x9488, along with EFI Driver Version 01.00.318.

I notice that there are a few lines that look similar to the ROM Revision, should they all be replaced in the info.plist file. Some of the lines that possibly I think need modifying are listed below - Are you able to give me some tips?

I stuffed around for a little bit today, but didn't seem to be able to get the right settings.

<key>ATY,Card#</key>

<string>109-B148xx-00</string>

<key>ATY,EFIVersion</key>

<data>

MDEuMDAuMjM2AA==

</data>

<key>ATY,EFIVersionBios</key>

<string>113-B14801-023</string>

<key>ATY,MemRevisionID</key>

<data>

AQA=

</data>

<key>ATY,MemVendorID</key>

<data>

BgA=

</data>

<key>ATY,Rom#</key>

<string>113-B1480A-236</string>

<key>ATY,VendorID</key>

<integer>4098</integer>

<key>device_type</key>

<string>ATY,ShrikeParent</string>

<key>model</key>

<string>ATI Radeon HD 4600</string>

<key>name</key>

</dict>

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x00001002&0x0000ffff 0x000010de&0x0000ffff</string>

I noticed in another ATI_Init.kext file I have the same area has the following, the ATI card number is different from yours however.

<key>ATI Radeon 4600 Series</key>

<dict>

<key>@0,PP_DisablePPLib</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>@0,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@0,display-link-component-bits</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>@0,name</key>

<string>ATY,Shrike</string>

<key>@1,PP_DisablePPLib</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>@1,device_type</key>

<string>display</string>

<key>@1,display-link-component-bits</key>

<integer>6</integer>

<key>@1,name</key>

<string>ATY,Shrike</string>

<key>AAPL,aux-power-connected</key>

<data>

AQAAAA==

</data>

<key>AAPL,slot-name</key>

<data>

U2xvdC0x

</data>

<key>ATY,Card#</key>

<string>109-B77101-00</string>

<key>ATY,Copyright</key>

<string>Copyright AMD Inc. All Rights Reserved. 2005-2008</string>

<key>ATY,EFICompileDate</key>

<string>Jan 26 2009</string>

<key>ATY,EFIVersion</key>

<data>

MDEuMDAuMjM2AA==

</data>

<key>ATY,EFIVersionBios</key>

<string>113-B14801-023</string>

<key>ATY,MemRevisionID</key>

<data>

AQA=

</data>

<key>ATY,MemVendorID</key>

<data>

BgA=

</data>

<key>ATY,Rom#</key>

<string>113-B7710C-176</string>

<key>ATY,VendorID</key>

<integer>4098</integer>

<key>device_type</key>

<key>model</key>

<string>ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650</string>

<key>name</key>

</dict>

Hi and many thanks for the great explanation! :) I think I've found out why I can't boot in 64bit mode... The "Voodoo PS/2 Controller" supports only 32bit. I think I have to replace theme with the one from Apple. So I'll search them and try to delete the Voodoo kext... Should Kext utility fix everthing after I delete the Voodoo Kext or what does "pfix" better? I've just read to use pfix after deleting a kext...

EDIT:

I've deleted the voodoo PS/2 by terminal with sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/...

I've placed your Files with kext helper, repaired the permissions with kext utility and rebooted. It worked fine.

After this I've changed arch=i386 to x86_64 with the same error that the AppleRTC is damaged...?

hm.. so far everything nice, pfix or kextutility do basically the same..

I don't know what is damaged on your OS, but I would suggest to reinstall and do it right from the start, at least now you know more then the first time :P

( I installed OSX hundreds times, its just better after all sorts of deep experiments where you don't know which kexts are apples original and which are replaced ones.. ) -

Sidenote : I have the Lion now working with QE/CI and our card.. , see new topic created .:-)

Hi Smartie,

Any idea's on what modifications are required for the ATI_Init.kext to work with my mobility 4670?

Yes. Just replace the Device ID 9480 inside the kext to yours.

All the ROM/EFI blahblah is totally useless, only fake entries.

Good Luck. Else stick with the booter solution.

ATY_Init for LION also not working ( at the moment, will look into that ) , there is boot solution needed like here in the beginning. But Lion now works totally ( including webcam and QE/CI and all other L500 hardware ). Have created a new topic with instructions and files.

After all the days hard hacking work now I will do a break. See you all later. :(

like I said : Apple has a very unique implementation of UVC usb .. it is broken. Thats why you see this behaviour. Nothing to do with Hackintoshes, you would see the same in a real Mac.

Thanks for all your Help (feedback) Smartie!

One other thing I finally fixed up, I couldn't boot with arch=x86_64.

I found commands to rebuild the /Extra/Extensions as I noticed that the Kext Rebuild utility from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] only did i386. The commands below rebuilt the 64bit cache as well. After that I can boot into 64bit mode with 10.6.8.

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /Extra/Extensions.mkext /Extra/Extensions

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

My Wireless USB also arrived (from ebay) today, so I am now able to connect wirelessly to the Internet.

So basically everything is going except DVD player and Frontrow. But I have alternate apps anyway to play DVD's. Very happy with my system now.

Not sure if I'll just leave it be for a while, or I'll look at Mac OS 10.7.....

Thanks for all your Help (feedback) Smartie!

So basically everything is going except DVD player and Frontrow. But I have alternate apps anyway to play DVD's. Very happy with my system now.

Not sure if I'll just leave it be for a while, or I'll look at Mac OS 10.7.....

Thanks,, considering you set it up brand-new I would say this is perfect.. . DVD player .. well, vlc is better then nothing. Frontrow is gone in Lion, so don't get used to it too much.

there are 64bit versions of "kextutility" around, see on kexts.com or here somewhere. ( note : Lion uses not "mkext" but "kernel cache", needs a newer one, don't use the Lion version in SL or vice versa )

Lion is super cool , don't want SL back -- technically it is not so different, its just all 64bit by now and more streamlined. I would also say that Lion is faster ( with enough memory - apple says 2GB are ok ) and working QE/CI is a must to really use it seriously; I have except sleep everything working, including the swiping feature on the trackpad for launchpad and preview :-) , you might want to read my guide to it - most of it is true in SL too : Lion Guide to the L500

naturally I will focus on Lion now, SL is solved and should be working for most people by now. Maybe if a 10.6.9 comes out, I do the Ati kexts-mod once more, but I think it is ended with 10.6.8. All that Apple releases after the final service pack are just 1-2 years security fixes and newer safari/itunes/ilife updates. So I would not fear for the hardware - if it works now, it will work then :-)

Edited by smartie77

Thanks,, considering you set it up brand-new I would say this is perfect.. . DVD player .. well, vlc is better then nothing. Frontrow is gone in Lion, so don't get used to it too much.

there are 64bit versions of "kextutility" around, see on kexts.com or here somewhere. ( note : Lion uses not "mkext" but "kernel cache", needs a newer one, don't use the Lion version in SL or vice versa )

Lion is super cool , don't want SL back -- technically it is not so different, its just all 64bit by now and more streamlined. I would also say that Lion is faster ( with enough memory - apple says 2GB are ok ) and working QE/CI is a must to really use it seriously; I have except sleep everything working, including the swiping feature on the trackpad for launchpad and preview :-) , you might want to read my guide to it - most of it is true in SL too : Lion Guide to the L500

naturally I will focus on Lion now, SL is solved and should be working for most people by now. Maybe if a 10.6.9 comes out, I do the Ati kexts-mod once more, but I think it is ended with 10.6.8. All that Apple releases after the final service pack are just 1-2 years security fixes and newer safari/itunes/ilife updates. So I would not fear for the hardware - if it works now, it will work then :-)

I think I have found the answer to my DVD player crash, I am not actually using the Shrike frame buffer

This post (http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19991) had the same issue. He used a different frame buffer and then converted back to his original and after that it worked.

I ran the ioreg |grep ATY to see what frame buffer I am using, and it shows as the default RadeonFramebuffer, not shrike. So if I can somehow activate the frame buffer I think DVD player will work. Any ideas?

192-168-1-5:~ p_board$ ioreg | grep ATY

| | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002$

| | | | +-o ATY_ATY,RadeonFramebuffer <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x10$

| | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002$

192-168-1-5:~ p_board$

I think I have found the answer to my DVD player crash, I am not actually using the Shrike frame buffer

This post (http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=19991) had the same issue. He used a different frame buffer and then converted back to his original and after that it worked.

I ran the ioreg |grep ATY to see what frame buffer I am using, and it shows as the default RadeonFramebuffer, not shrike. So if I can somehow activate the frame buffer I think DVD player will work. Any ideas?

192-168-1-5:~ p_board$ ioreg | grep ATY

| | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002$

| | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002$

192-168-1-5:~ p_board$

this is mine in lion :

computer:~ smartie$ ioreg | grep ATY

| | | +-o ATY,Shrike@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002b3, registered,$

| | | | +-o ATY_Shrike <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000002bc, regist$

| | | +-o ATY,Shrike@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002b4, registered,$

| | | | +-o ATY_Shrike <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000002c8, regist$

now i don't know if 10.6.8 is using this output where the name of the Fb is actually printed in ioreg but "RadeonFramebuffer" is no valid fb name . Ati uses funny names like shrike,motmot,megalodon and so ..

also the system profiler should show the name of the FB used :

post-156995-1310653453_thumb.png

you might want to boot with AtiConfig=Shrike ( if you use my boot file or the SL/Lion chameleon.shrike installer I link to you should use Shrike by default as long as GraphicsEnabler=Yes is used ) .

To avoid confusion : you can only have

1. my ATY_INIT and GE=NO

2. or one of my boot loaders ( have all shrike and 9480 as ID ) in combination with GE = YES

OR

3. a newer generic chameleon/chimera/pc-efi with AtiConfig=xyz

actually these are three options to choose from.

also take note that no "RadeonHD.kext" or "RadeonPCIdump.kext" ( any next from 3rd partys that deal with the gpu ) should be in your system -- just in case you played with that solution before ..

this is mine in lion :

computer:~ smartie$ ioreg | grep ATY

| | | +-o ATY,Shrike@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002b3, registered,$

| | | | +-o ATY_Shrike <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000002bc, regist$

| | | +-o ATY,Shrike@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002b4, registered,$

| | | | +-o ATY_Shrike <class ATIFramebuffer, id 0x1000002c8, regist$

now i don't know if 10.6.8 is using this output where the name of the Fb is actually printed in ioreg but "RadeonFramebuffer" is no valid fb name . Ati uses funny names like shrike,motmot,megalodon and so ..

also the system profiler should show the name of the FB used :

post-156995-1310653453_thumb.png

you might want to boot with AtiConfig=Shrike ( if you use my boot file or the SL/Lion chameleon.shrike installer I link to you should use Shrike by default as long as GraphicsEnabler=Yes is used ) .

To avoid confusion : you can only have

1. my ATY_INIT and GE=NO

2. or one of my boot loaders ( have all shrike and 9480 as ID ) in combination with GE = YES

OR

3. a newer generic chameleon/chimera/pc-efi with AtiConfig=xyz

actually these are three options to choose from.

also take note that no "RadeonHD.kext" or "RadeonPCIdump.kext" ( any next from 3rd partys that deal with the gpu ) should be in your system -- just in case you played with that solution before ..

Ok, I changed over to your newer Boot Chamelon, the Lion compatible one and got rid of ATI_INIT.KEXT.

If I boot with a -s for single user mode, and do an ioreg | grep ATY, it is now giving me the Shrike frame buffer.

However when I go to boot, after getting the normal boot logo, or watching what happens using -v, I get a black screen and my monitor says that there is no signal - in other words, its activating the card, but I think the LVDS connection, or however my Internal LCD display is connected is not being turned on. I tried both your LVDS version and the vga,hdmi lvds ati4600 kext.

I have an ati 545v (ati mobility 4670, model 9488, not the 9480 in your toshiba laptop). So if I can figure out how to modify the frame buffer for my screen, I think I'll have a winner. Where did your newer Chameleon come from, as it seems to have been designed for my video card, I just need to use that new Script you have to modify the ATI4600 Kext to match my display output.

If I go back to your older Boot file, then I get my screen activated, but no Shrike frame buffer, just the generic Raedon one.

I tested out a theory as well that using your ati4600 kext wth vga output, I might get the Lion compatible Chameleon going but it also produced a blank screen. However I am able to confirm that the VGA output is working using the at4600 kext, but since I am not using shrike, but the generic frame buffer, I am not sure if its your code that makes this work, or just the generic frame buffer. I have attached my screenshots of both the Graphics Display and the Framebuffer in System Profiler.

I feel like the solution is very close, I now know that the newer Boot loader fixes the selecting of the Shrike Frame buffer, I just don't know why my monitor output goes blank using the newer bootloader. I tried the RC5 build 1083 which doesn't detect my card, but tried using AtiConfig=Shrike, but it simply gave me a Vesa display at 1024x768. No 3d acceleration

ati4670withvga.tiff

AtiFrameBuffer.tiff

Ok, I changed over to your newer Boot Chamelon, the Lion compatible one and got rid of ATI_INIT.KEXT.

If I boot with a -s for single user mode, and do an ioreg | grep ATY, it is now giving me the Shrike frame buffer.

However when I go to boot, after getting the normal boot logo, or watching what happens using -v, I get a black screen and my monitor says that there is no signal - in other words, its activating the card, but I think the LVDS connection, or however my Internal LCD display is connected is not being turned on. I tried both your LVDS version and the vga,hdmi lvds ati4600 kext.

I have an ati 545v (ati mobility 4670, model 9488, not the 9480 in your toshiba laptop). So if I can figure out how to modify the frame buffer for my screen, I think I'll have a winner. Where did your newer Chameleon come from, as it seems to have been designed for my video card, I just need to use that new Script you have to modify the ATI4600 Kext to match my display output.

If I go back to your older Boot file, then I get my screen activated, but no Shrike frame buffer, just the generic Raedon one.

I tested out a theory as well that using your ati4600 kext wth vga output, I might get the Lion compatible Chameleon going but it also produced a blank screen. However I am able to confirm that the VGA output is working using the at4600 kext, but since I am not using shrike, but the generic frame buffer, I am not sure if its your code that makes this work, or just the generic frame buffer. I have attached my screenshots of both the Graphics Display and the Framebuffer in System Profiler.

I feel like the solution is very close, I now know that the newer Boot loader fixes the selecting of the Shrike Frame buffer, I just don't know why my monitor output goes blank using the newer bootloader. I tried the RC5 build 1083 which doesn't detect my card, but tried using AtiConfig=Shrike, but it simply gave me a Vesa display at 1024x768. No 3d acceleration

the different device Id is obviously the culprit.

ATY_init is software based and contains only device ID ( 9480 ) and the Shrike info to load. YOu can easily edit the kexts plist so that it uses 9488 and Shrike ( or any other Framebuffer ) -

However, the Bootloading solution is compiled fixed into the boot header of chameleon. In both loaders I use and re-offer here in my topics this is 9480 and Shrike alone.

Chameleon is open source code, you can download it and modify the contents of the ATI.C file for device ID 9488 and recompile it, this would need a Xcode environment set up on your OSX and set up svn tree to the chameleon subversion repo.

I can't help you out with that - I took the boot as work from others ( after trying out tons of different ones ). The first "boot" was ok, working all the time, but I needed a new one for Lion, so I found the chameleon installer on a russian site , and the one who did it obviously has the same card and same lids table as I do .. was just luck to find it.

However, I can not help . I only know how it works for this card, this ID and this connection, naturally- so you might need to dig deeper into Ati personality patching , this here is a good starting point at this board . This is a excessive topic for 46xx mobility patching. The most basic knowledge I gained there.

the different device Id is obviously the culprit.

ATY_init is software based and contains only device ID ( 9480 ) and the Shrike info to load. YOu can easily edit the kexts plist so that it uses 9488 and Shrike ( or any other Framebuffer ) -

However, the Bootloading solution is compiled fixed into the boot header of chameleon. In both loaders I use and re-offer here in my topics this is 9480 and Shrike alone.

Chameleon is open source code, you can download it and modify the contents of the ATI.C file for device ID 9488 and recompile it, this would need a Xcode environment set up on your OSX and set up svn tree to the chameleon subversion repo.

I can't help you out with that - I took the boot as work from others ( after trying out tons of different ones ). The first "boot" was ok, working all the time, but I needed a new one for Lion, so I found the chameleon installer on a russian site , and the one who did it obviously has the same card and same lids table as I do .. was just luck to find it.

However, I can not help . I only know how it works for this card, this ID and this connection, naturally- so you might need to dig deeper into Ati personality patching , this here is a good starting point at this board . This is a excessive topic for 46xx mobility patching. The most basic knowledge I gained there.

I got the Radeon Dump tool and ran it over my Video bios dump

So I now know my connector info, I just have to use this to make the right Shrike Connector changes

I also tested using the original 10.6.8 ati4600 kext as I realised that it had my Device ID already in it, so I don't have to modify the Device ID bit. Using the older Chameleon boot it starts up fine but uses the generic frame buffer. So to get my graphics card going I just need the right Chameleon boot loader, which is actually your newer Lion compatible one.

After that I simply need to use the info below to make up a modified version of the no_pain script, to set my connector info right.

So all I need to do now is work out the right hex sequence from the info below.

192-168-1-2:atimobility p_board$ ./radeon_bios_decode < 1002_9488.rom

ATOM BIOS Rom:

SubsystemVendorID: 0x1462 SubsystemID: 0xae11

IOBaseAddress: 0xa000

Filename: SV36833a.bin

BIOS Bootup Message:

113-AE111M96-H01-1GB M96 DDR3 128bit 675e/800m

PCI ID: 1002:9488

Connector at index 0

Type [@offset 45434]: VGA (1)

Encoder [@offset 45438]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)

i2cid [@offset 45478]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1

Connector at index 1

Type [@offset 45444]: HDMI-A (11)

Encoder [@offset 45448]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)

i2cid [@offset 45501]: 0x91, OSX senseid: 0x2

Also attached the ioreg output for the LCD display as shown when using Generic Framebuffer incase thats needed to work out some of the values

msi_ae_2400_lcd.tiff

I got the Radeon Dump tool and ran it over my Video bios dump

So I now know my connector info, I just have to use this to make the right Shrike Connector changes

I also tested using the original 10.6.8 ati4600 kext as I realised that it had my Device ID already in it, so I don't have to modify the Device ID bit. Using the older Chameleon boot it starts up fine but uses the generic frame buffer. So to get my graphics card going I just need the right Chameleon boot loader, which is actually your newer Lion compatible one.

After that I simply need to use the info below to make up a modified version of the no_pain script, to set my connector info right.

So all I need to do now is work out the right hex sequence from the info below.

192-168-1-2:atimobility p_board$ ./radeon_bios_decode < 1002_9488.rom

ATOM BIOS Rom:

SubsystemVendorID: 0x1462 SubsystemID: 0xae11

IOBaseAddress: 0xa000

Filename: SV36833a.bin

BIOS Bootup Message:

113-AE111M96-H01-1GB M96 DDR3 128bit 675e/800m

PCI ID: 1002:9488

Connector at index 0

Type [@offset 45434]: VGA (1)

Encoder [@offset 45438]: INTERNAL_KLDSCP_DAC1 (0x15)

i2cid [@offset 45478]: 0x90, OSX senseid: 0x1

Connector at index 1

Type [@offset 45444]: HDMI-A (11)

Encoder [@offset 45448]: INTERNAL_UNIPHY (0x1e)

i2cid [@offset 45501]: 0x91, OSX senseid: 0x2

Also attached the ioreg output for the LCD display as shown when using Generic Framebuffer incase thats needed to work out some of the values

Hi Smartie,

I'm almost there. I can boot my LCD screen now! My screen does this funny flicker thing every once in a while when I move things around or move the mouse. if I can work out why, then I am all fixed!

DVD Player Works now.

I have modified the script to this so far.... using info from IoReg explorer.

Port 0 (vga)

\x02\x00\x00\x00\x40\x00\x00\x00\x09\x01\x00\x00\x02\x01\x00\x03| Original Shrike

\x10\x00\x00\x00\x10\x00\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x10\x00\x01| New Shrike

Port 1 (hdmi)

\x00\x04\x00\x00\x04\x03\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x10\x00\x01\x01| Original Shrike

\x00\x08\x00\x00\x04\x02\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x01\x01\x02| New Shrike

I've put a more detailed version of what I have worked out so far here

Detailed info

Hi Smartie,

I'm almost there. I can boot my LCD screen now! My screen does this funny flicker thing every once in a while when I move things around or move the mouse. if I can work out why, then I am all fixed!

DVD Player Works now.

I have modified the script to this so far.... using info from IoReg explorer.

Port 0 (vga)

\x02\x00\x00\x00\x40\x00\x00\x00\x09\x01\x00\x00\x02\x01\x00\x03| Original Shrike

\x10\x00\x00\x00\x10\x00\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x10\x00\x01| New Shrike

Port 1 (hdmi)

\x00\x04\x00\x00\x04\x03\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x10\x00\x01\x01| Original Shrike

\x00\x08\x00\x00\x04\x02\x00\x00\x00\x01\x00\x00\x00\x01\x01\x02| New Shrike

I've put a more detailed version of what I have worked out so far here

Detailed info

Fixed it, just needed to make Feature 09 01, instead of 00 01

00 08 00 00 - HDMI connector

04 02 00 00 - ATY,ControlFlags, Number, 0x204 as found in IO Registry Explorer

09 01 - Features #define LVDS compatible 0x09 + FEATURE_USE_INTERNAL 0x01

00 00 - unknown

00 - Transmitter #define UNIPHY 0x00

01 - Encoder #define DIG2 0x01 // = DIGB

01 - HotPlug ID (connector at index)

02 - SenseID

Fixed it, just needed to make Feature 09 01, instead of 00 01

00 08 00 00 - HDMI connector

04 02 00 00 - ATY,ControlFlags, Number, 0x204 as found in IO Registry Explorer

09 01 - Features #define LVDS compatible 0x09 + FEATURE_USE_INTERNAL 0x01

00 00 - unknown

00 - Transmitter #define UNIPHY 0x00

01 - Encoder #define DIG2 0x01 // = DIGB

01 - HotPlug ID (connector at index)

02 - SenseID

wonderful. ;)

So we have a new device ID with a unique solution. Please add it to a topic where it is useful for future searchers.

Notice to L500 visitors : this find here is not for you- "peter board" has a slightly different card, so toshiba 4650m (devid 9480 ! ) owners: stick with my kexts and booter(s) or (Aty_init).

Hi,after mac leopard snow retail installation i boot with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and all ati kext deleted,update to 10.6.8 and i install that Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r780_trunk_545vm_Shrike.pkg,but after that i cant boot in the mac leopard hdd,i get only that apple boot image and nothing,what do u think is bad????THANK YOU FOR ALL

thanx smartie for your work, your kexts doing their best hihi

if it works for you be happy :(

Hi,after mac leopard snow retail installation i boot with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and all ati kext deleted,update to 10.6.8 and i install that Chameleon_2.0_RC5_r780_trunk_545vm_Shrike.pkg,but after that i cant boot in the mac leopard hdd,i get only that apple boot image and nothing,what do u think is bad????THANK YOU FOR ALL

boot with -v and write down what it is saying when it is hanging..

also some infos on what kexts are in Extensions and if you have a DSDT.aml , if you use Nullcpupowermanagement and so on ..

if it works for you be happy :)

boot with -v and write down what it is saying when it is hanging..

also some infos on what kexts are in Extensions and if you have a DSDT.aml , if you use Nullcpupowermanagement and so on ..

Damn man,now i see,i dont have a extra folder in my retail version!!!!!why??

Damn man,now i see,i dont have a extra folder in my retail version!!!!!why??

because a real mac does not have /etxra.. its only for chameleon ;-)

so create one and put the needed content in it, install your essential kexts, a boot plist , a smbios.. et voila.

because a real mac does not have /etxra.. its only for chameleon ;-)

so create one and put the needed content in it, install your essential kexts, a boot plist , a smbios.. et voila.

yes,i do that,but after i have only a black screen,no nothing but i hear my audio sound if i scroll that audio volume in the front of my laptop,so is just the video card,only black screen nothing else,but thank you man,and i try with -x-v-f and i get only that black screen,my display is 17,3 and 1600x900

yes,i do that,but after i have only a black screen,no nothing but i hear my audio sound if i scroll that audio volume in the front of my laptop,so is just the video card,only black screen nothing else,but thank you man,and i try with -x-v-f and i get only that black screen,my display is 17,3 and 1600x900

i think the big problem for you is the screen resolution of your laptop that is higher than 1366*768 .and some of the people have your problem i think the lordadmiral dark have problem like you.i dont now that he fix his problem or no.

Hi all.

Thank you for the guide Smartie.

I have sucessfully installed 10.6.7 with working QE/CI using Vervet framebuffer. My laptop is Dell XPS 1647 (Mobility Radeon 4670).

Now I am following the guide to update to 10.6.8 and then to lion.

I updated my system to 10.6.8 but I have wrong resolution and colors (Original 10.6.8 Kexts). In 10.6.7, I had the same problem with the original kexts, but I modded the Atiframebuffer with my connector/encoder info and that solved the problem.

I would like to know if someone can tell me the Offset for Vervet in the new Ati4600 kext to edit my LVDS info.

Thanks in advance.

Hans

i think the big problem for you is the screen resolution of your laptop that is higher than 1366*768 .and some of the people have your problem i think the lordadmiral dark have problem like you.i dont now that he fix his problem or no.

oh so that is!!!!!i hope someone gonne fix that,anyway thanks guys!!!

Hi all.

Thank you for the guide Smartie.

I have sucessfully installed 10.6.7 with working QE/CI using Vervet framebuffer. My laptop is Dell XPS 1647 (Mobility Radeon 4670).

Now I am following the guide to update to 10.6.8 and then to lion.

I updated my system to 10.6.8 but I have wrong resolution and colors (Original 10.6.8 Kexts). In 10.6.7, I had the same problem with the original kexts, but I modded the Atiframebuffer with my connector/encoder info and that solved the problem.

I would like to know if someone can tell me the Offset for Vervet in the new Ati4600 kext to edit my LVDS info.

Thanks in advance.

Hans

I know only shrike.

But you can use 10.6.7 Ati kexts in 10.6.8 , replace the complete set of Ati kexts / bundles / plugins with your working versions from 6.7.

yes thats the problem. I myself have 1366x768 so I cannot examine that for other resolutions.