Weird problem with HP dv9408ca Snow Leopard

longbowtech

1 post in this topic

Okay so this is my first post on this site, hope it goes well.

I just installed Snow Leopard on my dv9408ca, using Hazard's copy. Network drivers are fine, except maybe the wireless needs a little tweaking but that doesn't really matter. Here's the problem: My trackpad and on-board keyboard work while the computer is booting up, I can add boot commands and all, but when it boots into Mac, it suddenly stops working. Now before you go ahead and say that it's a driver problem, consider this: it works if there's an external USB keyboard plugged to the computer. If I boot into Mac and an external usb keyboard is plugged in, the trackpad and on-board keyboard magically start working. I can then unplug the external device and use my on-board stuff without a problem. Weird eh? (yes I am canadian :worried_anim:) Now another thing I find odd is that if it boots into mac and the external keyboard isn't plugged in, it doesn't start working even if I plug it in afterwards. The external keyboard has to be plugged in throughout the booting process, otherwise the on-board and external stuff both don't work.

Marc