Where's multitouch back and forth in finder?

Dradis

1 post in this topic

So far this is my only big pet peeve in lion (i'm sure i'll find more). I can't find a way to use two (or three) fingers to go back or forth in finder, without loosing my three finger drag. I use a magic trackpad, which I find makes it hard to click and drag. Tap and drag works great, though. In SL I turned on drag lock which lets you kind of tap-tap-drag. In lion, drag lock seems to be missing, replaced by three finger drag, which works great, but forces me to give up three finger back/forth in finder. Two finger back/forth works in safari, but two fingers scrolls in finder. It just seems like I can't enable everything I need at once. I guess apple doesn't want me to have my cake and eat it to. Anyone find a way around this?

Nevermind. I found my answer shortly after posting, but figured I'd post the solution for anyone else with the same problem. Drag lock is now buried in universal access > mouse & trackpad > trackpad options. Turn it on, then you can go back to the trackpad preferences and set "swipe between pages with [two or] three fingers. Now you can swipe in safari and finder, and drag with one finger. Mmmmm.... cake.