GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 & 10.7

organik

37 posts in this topic

Great researching oSxFr33k,

I didn't do as extensive of a research, but I did recently put together a Z68X-UD4-B3 build and noticed the same problems you do. Video card EVGA GTS 250 1GB w/ two Apple 30" Cinema in Dual Link DVI mode.

With F6, F7, F8, and F9B bios. I used autoPatcher to get it patch for OSX Lion. Use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for audio and network.

I had a perfectly working EP45-UD3P system, but wanted more power, so here's what's not working out:

1) USB drives eject themselves when waking.

2) If Waking from Keyboard (apple USB Keyboard), keyboard stops working

3) Waking from Mouse requires a second click which wakes the display; but the double click needs to take about 3-5 seconds after the first one.

4) Can't use my Magic Mouse to wake (using Apple authentic Bluetooth module), this used to work perfectly w/ my EP45-UD3P.

Aside from these sleep related issues, I'm very happy with my UD4-B3. Although I wonder if I can get it working 100% if I change my motherboard to an Asus P8Z68 Pro. I've heard it takes a lot of tinkering to get the P8Z68 working, but it actually has the ability to work perfectly this moment, where as I think with the UD4-B3 we need to wait until someone discovers the fix to get sleeping to work properly.

I've also tried Windows 7 and it sleeps and wakes perfectly.

1) USB drives eject themselves when waking.

2) If Waking from Keyboard (apple USB Keyboard), keyboard stops working

3) Waking from Mouse requires a second click which wakes the display; but the double click needs to take about 3-5 seconds after the first one.

4) Can't use my Magic Mouse to wake (using Apple authentic Bluetooth module), this used to work perfectly w/

Not hijacking...just something that caught my attention...

My Q6600 Hackintosh broke down recently, and I got a used macbook to hold me over until bulldozer or ivybridge is out.

Item 1) Looks like a problem I have since I updated my macbook to Lion.

So there might be a major bug in Lion.

If you have the same problem if you run SL instead of Lion, then it's not Lion.

I will test for 2) thru 4) on my macbook, if I can borrow a BT keyboard and mouse.

Not hijacking...just something that caught my attention...

My Q6600 Hackintosh broke down recently, and I got a used macbook to hold me over until bulldozer or ivybridge is out.

Item 1) Looks like a problem I have since I updated my macbook to Lion.

So there might be a major bug in Lion.

If you have the same problem if you run SL instead of Lion, then it's not Lion.

I will test for 2) thru 4) on my macbook, if I can borrow a BT keyboard and mouse.

Thanks for offer. But I have my EP45-UD3P running Lion as well as Snow Leopard and both OS works perfectly respect from #1-4. Although a second click is required for #3, i can just double click really quickly and don't have to wait 3-5 seconds.

Again, thanks for the offer.

-David

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for offer. But I have my EP45-UD3P running Lion as well as Snow Leopard and both OS works perfectly respect from #1-4. Although a second click is required for #3, i can just double click really quickly and don't have to wait 3-5 seconds.

Again, thanks for the offer.

-David

I do not have to double click to get into Lion anymore. Added a Kernal Flag in my Boot.plist.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>darkwake=0</string>

Which i found from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...40&start=40

However, my CMOS still crashes after a reset and it takes about 15 seconds for my USBs to become active after waking.

got it working kind off i think

used the darkwake=0 in bootlist

when the wired apple keyboard is in a usb port it loses connection upon wake unless replug it is unusable

however the bt dongle and logitech mouse dongle will connect after 15 sec

so i plugged the wired apple keyboard and the mouse dongle in to a usb-hub now when i wake from sleep using the mouse the keyboard and mouse will connect after 15 seconds and are fully functioning no need to replug.

side effect is when you use the keyboard to wake from sleep the mouse and keyboard will not connect u have to replug it.

only thing is can we make the reconnecting go quicker

• 4 weeks later...
got it working kind off i think

used the darkwake=0 in bootlist

when the wired apple keyboard is in a usb port it loses connection upon wake unless replug it is unusable

however the bt dongle and logitech mouse dongle will connect after 15 sec

so i plugged the wired apple keyboard and the mouse dongle in to a usb-hub now when i wake from sleep using the mouse the keyboard and mouse will connect after 15 seconds and are fully functioning no need to replug.

side effect is when you use the keyboard to wake from sleep the mouse and keyboard will not connect u have to replug it.

only thing is can we make the reconnecting go quicker

Exactly the same issues on my Z68X-UD3 system - looks we are at a standstill.

Any new ideas what to try?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I changed both the EHCI and _INI sections and didn't make a difference. This is what i added to my DSDT (but didn't work)

Method (^_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (One, ^^PCI0.EHC1.WRTA)
				Store (0x19, ^^PCI0.EHC1.PMES)
				Store (Zero, ^^PCI0.EHC1.WRTA)
				Store (One, ^^PCI0.EHC2.WRTA)
				Store (0x19, ^^PCI0.EHC2.PMES)
				Store (Zero, ^^PCI0.EHC2.WRTA)
				//All the original stuff below....

Device (EHC1)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001D0000)
			Device (RHUB)
			{
				Name (_ADR, Zero)
				//omitted rest for brevity

}
			Method (_S3D, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				If (LEqual (OSFL, 0x02))
				{
					Return (0x02)
				}
				Return (0x03)
			}
			Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
			{
				0x0D,
				0x03
			})
			Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
			{
				Store (Package (0x0B)
					{
						"AAPL,current-available",
						0x0834,
						"AAPL,current-extra",
						0x0A8C,
						"AAPL,current-extra-in-sleep",
						0x0A8C,
						"AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep",
						0x0834,
						"AAPL,device-internal",
						0x02,
						Buffer (One)
						{
							0x00
						}
					}, Local0)
				DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
				Return (Local0)
			}
			OperationRegion (PWRC, PCI_Config, 0x52, 0x2F)
			Field (PWRC, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
			{
					,   11,
				PMES,   5,
						Offset (0x2E),
				WRTA,   1
			}
		}

the code worked for me, just had to call it also in _WAK, not only in _INI, for this I created a PINI() method with the code

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v84vq4

• Like 1

• 7 months later...