[GUIDE] Installing Lion DP4 + GM Without USB(Video)

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

lamorun

lamorun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I followed this guide exactly. In the end, when the "Boot" partition loads, there is a wait at

[PCI Configuration Begin]

and then the screen goes blank (no kernel panic). Any idea why this happens?

Hi guys ;)

Thank you for good informations. My system is constantly waiting for this screen shot [Pci configuration begin]. Thank you in advance for your help. Best regards.

Intel 1366 Socket desktop pc :
Free File Hosting, Online Storage & File Upload with FileServe i 1366.zip
http://www.fileserve...le/bMVDWVJ/Core

Same problem here.

Asus N61jq

i7 720qm

ATI Raderon HD 5730M

Stormed

Stormed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
For those with the

[Pci configuration begin]

or

[AppleACPIPlatform]

eror.

Replace these two kexts in S/L/E... delete the old ones first.

Attached Files

v1c70r

v1c70r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
great tutorial!!

Eiszeit

Eiszeit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
I installed Lion using your guide (I had working 10.6.8) but if fails to boot, the Installation process went perfectly fine, I even had the correct high resolution in the installer.

My system is Q6600/EP43-DS3L/HD5450

Install with modified OSinstall.mpkg (because of "This version of OS X cannot be installed on this..." error) and all the kexts I had in E/E on 10.6.8 (I had no DSDT.aml).

Could anyone please tell me what's wrong according to the error massage?

I'm quite desperate because I don't have any working OS currently (writing from Ubuntu livecd), any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

EDIT: I reinstalled with DSDT.aml this time, works, no I'm only missing sound.

Attached Files

Stormed

Stormed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
@Eiszeit, you can try removing the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in the S/L/E and make sure that you have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext put in E/E.... hope this help!

beanieutah

beanieutah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
k so I have been playing with this for two+ days so now I will ask for help. I have finally got it to start to load and get stuck on pic. any help would be awsome.

EDIT: so I got past this point. Now when i get to the install screen i cant get the mouse to work. If I leave the voodops2 kext in extra folder I cant get to Install screen. But on top of that if i just hit enter and select english then it tells me that this version of mac cant be installed on this system. I have a dell Inspiron 1525.

Attached Files

Eiszeit

Eiszeit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

@Eiszeit, you can try removing the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in the S/L/E and make sure that you have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext put in E/E.... hope this help!

Thanks, I solved it at the end by installing 10.6.3 again, creating dtst.aml and reinstalling lion. worked perfectly.

Thanks.

Guest: lefandegta_*

Guest: lefandegta_*
  • Guests
Thank you for your work, I'm gonna try to install it right now! :)

e1ement

e1ement

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
10.7.1 works fine. Just had to reinstall AppleHDA.kext.

Eiszeit

Eiszeit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

10.7.1 works fine. Just had to reinstall AppleHDA.kext.

Same here, I remember in 10.5 and 10.6 I always had to boot with -v after OS update, now it booted normally from the first time, had only to reinstall AppleHDA.

r_noble

r_noble

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
The Biostar TP45D2-A7 v6.0 is good with 10.7.1. cpus=1 and ALC662,HDAEnabler & Applehda kexts. Asus mobos have the same bios to a degree so looking at modded asus dsdt's will give insight on how to mod for this mobo.

xinjia

xinjia

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi I can't update to 10.7.1 the "software update" not find the update, I downloaded it from Apple's web the update but the instaler said "Can not install Update for Mac OS X on this disk. This volume does not meet the requirements for installing this update."

Sorry for my English

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Yes 10.7.1 works. All I had to do was edit the Info.plist in the ATI5000Controller.kext. My Sapphire HD5750 1 GB GDDR5 works pretty much oob with Lion.

Copy your 10.7.1 ATI5000Controller.kext to your desktop right klick show package content open the Info.plist with Textedit and paste 0x68be1002 and save. Drag drop the kext to Kext Utility and let it finnish reboot and you're done.

Asus P6T-SE Mobo i7 930 cpu

Xtra

Xtra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Awesome tutorial, I am just about to start, only I'm going to do it via USB stick.
I just had one question about Lion 10.7, how is support on the HD4870X2 card?
Right now I'm on 10.6 with 1GB DDR5 and one core but it's fully working using a netkas exotic patch.
Will just using chameleons graphicenabler be enough?

thanks!

**Nevermind will be trying this one! http://netkas.org/?p=926

Xtra

Xtra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Got it all working! Combining a bit of the other tutorial by MaLd0n(Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon).
As I accidentally deleted the DSDT and extra's from my USB! Am now on version 10.7.1
Setup:
Asus P6T SE
Intel i920
Digidesign Mbox2 Audio interface
12GB DDR3 1066
Radeon HD4870X2 (Thanks latest netkas exotic patch and enabling graphics&ATI rom in chameleon)
Realtek ethernet working with kext from the tut.
Somehow can't get my wifi working, it's an apple type of wifi, Used to work OOB with all previous OS X'es, ordered from ebay, but I'll sort that out later!

Thanks!

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
I just realized my network is very slow with the kext supplied in this thread anybody else experience this?
P6T-SE with 8111C realtek Lan.

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
I more or less by accident stumbled over a thread talking about problems with network. In that thread I read somebody used his old SL IONetworkingFamily.kext. I read some more and I realize I have the same Realtek 8111C on my older GA hack and network on that mobo worked out of the box with SL 10.6.4.

I copied it over to my new hack the Asus P6T-SE, trashed the RealtekR1000SL.kext from this thread and rebooted and network now is faster. Still not fullspeed but faster. I might loose sleep function but I dont care my hack never sleeps anyway I always shut it of completely.

Gonna check with the kext I have on my old 10.6.8 SL install for the Asus P6T-SE too cause when I think about it Im pretty sure it worked out of the box too. Probably will work the same but who knows maby I can increase speed even more with the latest SL kext.

Anyway thought I should share this since we are a few here with the Asus P6T-SE.

dor

dor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Thx man!
it worked! (with the final version!)
took me 5 minutes to do it!

My computer:
Asus p5q
E6600 2.4
4 GB ram
Nvidia 220 Gt

Giampy

Giampy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
thx, all works fine on gigabyte gm41 but anyway solve app store problem? for me doesn't works. it says my pc is not recognized .
any idea ? i tried all but without result

thx

starobrno1

starobrno1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Edit: I fixed it! (I have 100 mb downstream and 80 mb upstream and a fast router and a fast switch so thats why I want my "home network" to work at its maximum speed)

All I had to do was open system profiler and change the network settings under advanced/last tab (under MAC-adress) to
-Manually
-1000baseT
-full duplex
-Standard (1 500)
(got a green light on my switch now same as in win lol)

Now Im getting really confused cause it seems IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.7.1 works with the onboard Realtek 8111C network card, just tried it. First 10.7 Lion install I did I had to use the kext from this thread (RealtekR1000SL.kext) but I realized network performance compared to what I get in Win7 was very slow. Then I tried the 10.6.4 IONetwork.....kext and I got a little better performance and now with the 10.7.1 its pretty much the same but its hard to say. It still won't go full speed like it does in Win7 though I wonder what the heck one can do to fix it? I need the same performance as in Win cause I do a lot of screensharing with live video cams films etc etc over my network and broadcast it to jtv.

Anybody got any clue what to do? Thanks in advance

I have the Asus P6-SE mobo think I said it before but......

Looks like this is as close to an unmodified install as you can go, I only have fakesmc in extra now thats it. I don't even need and kext for my sapphire 5750 video card no more. And its a clean install no update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy