10.6.8 officially released

shenor

371 posts in this topic

I setup my Asus G51jx i7 Quad first generation and have exactly the same situation as yours, in verbose mode it stops at the PCI Configuration begin and no messages follow it, then after a few seconds it boots into the desktop.

I am trying to figure out why the messages stop?

Why? If it goes into desktop then it's fine! The question would be why I can't see all the messages by other kext and the messega "PCI Configuration end" as I can see it on my Macbook?

This is what happens here after your message:

Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: [ PCI configuration begin ]
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: console relocated to 0xf11000000
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: PCI configuration changed (bridge=2 device=1 cardbus=0)
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: [ PCI configuration end, bridges 6 devices 20 ]
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: (built 16:44:42 Jun  7 2011) initialization complete
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: mbinit: done (96 MB memory set for mbuf pool)
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: From path: "uuid", 
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting for boot volume with UUID xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: FakeSMC: opensource SMC device emulator by netkas (C) 2009
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: FakeSMC: plugins & plugins support modifications by mozodojo, usr-sse2, slice (C) 2010
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: FakeSMCDevice: 17 preconfigured keys added: 
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: FakeSMCDevice: successfully initialized
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib kmod start
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient: ready
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: FireWire (OHCI) TI ID 8019 PCI now active, GUID xxxxxxxxxxx; max speed s400.
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/SATA@1F,2/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/CHN0@0/AppleIntelICHxSATA/ATADeviceNub@0/AppleATADiskDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/SAMSUNG HD103UJ SAMSUNG HD103UJ/IOGUIDPartitionScheme/system2@3
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: BSD root: disk0s3, major 14, minor 3
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: Kernel is LP64
  Jun 27 19:49:18 localhost kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 00000000000006 0x1307 0x330 0x100
  Jun 27 19:49:19 localhost kernel[0]: systemShutdown false
  Jun 27 19:49:29 localhost kernel[0]: Waiting for DSMOS...
  Jun 27 19:49:34 localhost kernel[0]: AttansicL1Ethernet(p5k) from markswell
  Jun 27 19:49:36 defiant kernel[0]: Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
  Jun 27 19:49:37 defiant kernel[0]: NVDAGF100HAL loaded and registered.
  Jun 27 19:49:38 defiant kernel[0]: [xxxxxx][BNBMouseDevice::init][54] init is complete
  Jun 27 19:49:38 defiant kernel[0]: [xxxxxx][BNBMouseDevice::handleStart][54] Done
  Jun 27 19:49:38 defiant kernel[0]: [xxxxxx][AppleMultitouchHIDEventDriver::start] entered
  Jun 27 19:49:38 defiant kernel[0]: [xxxxxx][AppleMultitouchDevice::start] entered
  Jun 27 19:49:38 defiant kernel[0]: DSMOS has arrived
  Jun 27 19:49:38 defiant kernel[0]: AttansicL1Ethernet: Ethernet address xxxxxxxxx
  Jun 27 19:49:38 defiant kernel[0]: AGPM: GPU = display Initialized, Control ID 18
  Jun 27 19:49:41 defiant kernel[0]: USBF:	27.953	AppleUSBUHCI[xxxxxxxx]::Found a transaction which hasn't moved in 5 seconds on bus 0x1a, timing out! (Addr: 2, EP: 0)
  Jun 27 19:49:48 defiant kernel[0]: AGPM: GPU = display G-state set to 3 from 3, ControlID = 18

So please don't panic! Just turn off the verbose mode and next time check the kernel.log :wacko:

Cheers

BTW you can't see nothing probably because: "console relocated to 0xf11000000

Where to turn off that {censored}??

@mitch_de,

Post # 127

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1703409

Third link from above link.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=207635

Around the middle of the page it shows before and after all I did was change _ADR to _UID in my case.

I am also using the latest version of FakeSMC

Thanks.. i added UID under ADR.. didnt work. then i saw replced ADR with UID and u saved me a headache..

ps i got ridd of RTC: only single ram bank by using RTC from MBP3,1

seems the alignment and length are close .. but not same

range 70, alignment 01, length 08

i removed the second 072 listing completely from RTC.

i also removed ARPT from my RP01 since that was not used since mb2,1

does anybody else can't get CSTinfo under 10.6.8?

i have two different dsdt both with vanilla speedstep, + tried with generate c+p in boot.plist both the CSTinfo doesn't show up. (both in terminal and in smc monitor)

on my 10.6.7 backup installation (i have under second HD in case anything goes wrong on my real os), CSTinfo shows just fine.

although speedstep still working perfectly

what does this CSTinfo even mean?

used ComboUpdate !

backup before, thx to ' CCC ' :wacko:

everything worked, even Sound :(

never used Sleep, so i can't tell :wacko:

old KakeWalk ( 10.6.2 or .3 -- can't remember ) install :)

CooSee ' Ya

Well, no sound for me after 10.6.7 -> 10.6.8 upgrade on EP43-DS3L that has ALC888.

Any hints?

Tried to remove [and replace with old] AudioAUUC.kext that was updated in 10.6.8 but no luck.

Have still the HDAEnabler.kext in S/L/Extensions as in 10.6.7

Deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist is pointless if you haven't made any configuration changes - it will just generate a new one identical to the old one on the next reboot. You need to do some of this:

Set EthernetBuiltIn=y in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist.

If EthernetBuiltIn=y doesn't do the trick by itself, you probably need to set your PCI Root UID manually as well - at the boot prompt, type PciRootUID=0 - if App Store still doesn't work then reboot and try PciRootUID=1.

You should also delete NetworkInterfaces.plist between reboots so that it can be rebuilt to reflect your changes.

Once you find which one works for you, apply this DSDT fix to allow Chameleon to detect and report your PCI Root UID correctly:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=207635

Note that if your PCI Root UID is 1 rather than 0 (common on Gigabyte boards) you should probably use one (0x01) rather than zero....I don't know if changing it from 1 to 0 actually hurts anything though.

Usual solutions did not work for me: set EthernetBuiltIn=Yes, deleting NetworkInterfacePlist, PCIRooUID ... no success.

Finally I found the reason. In order to get my nVidia 9800GT properly working I am using an EFI-String in boot.plist. When I only use GraphicsEnabler I must always attach the VGA conncector, which is annoying because I am using the second DVI connector. The EFI string gives correct NVCAP values and therefore I want keep it.

However without the EFI string in boot.plist everything is working and App Store gives no further error. Switching back to EFI string gives the same error than before: No GUID...

At least I know the reason - without a perfect solution.

I updated my laptop to 10.6.8 and also installed Lion to an usb HDD. In both cases, no spinning wheel and it gets stuck at [ PCI configuration begin ] line. However, it still goes on booting and so far works without any problem.

Updated the system in my sig to 10.6.8 and got the same disappearing spinning wheel symptom..except this, my setup is working super fine :dev:

Updated via Software Update, got Sleepenabler KP after reboot, used pmVersion=0 flag and now installed Sleepenabler kext from here: http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=791

Not tested yet but I'm sure it's an easy hack so I'm not worried.

Update: got KP but I'm still using pmVersion=21 in boot plist so that might have been the issue, next try will be without the pmVersion bootflag

Update: found info on using pmVersion=23 flag and it worked so it will probably work with the new or old sleepenabler (the one that works for 10.6.7)

So for sleepenabler fix use

pmVersion=23
flag in your com.apple.boot.plist

Take care lads

does anybody else can't get CSTinfo under 10.6.8?

i have two different dsdt both with vanilla speedstep, + tried with generate c+p in boot.plist both the CSTinfo doesn't show up. (both in terminal and in smc monitor)

on my 10.6.7 backup installation (i have under second HD in case anything goes wrong on my real os), CSTinfo shows just fine.

although speedstep still working perfectly

what does this CSTinfo even mean?

CSTInfo indicates you have CStates, and has been renamed to AICPMVers in ioreg at IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/CPU0@0/AppleACPICPU/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin as of 10.6.8.

configd keeps crashing, system is very slow and unresponsive, drives don't mount automatically, wifi is disabled, boot takes longer, ...

Horrible update for AMD. Nawcoms package didn't help either.

With Intel I had no problems.

Well, no sound for me after 10.6.7 -> 10.6.8 upgrade on EP43-DS3L that has ALC888.

Already discussed earlier in the thread. :D

If I had a dollar for every time I've written that I could buy a real Mac by now. Please read the thread before posting.

AppleHDA now works like the one in Lion, the pre-10.6.8 way of patching it will no longer work.

Either revert to AppleHDA from 10.6.7 or start over and patch your audio like you would with Lion.

I updated my System without any issues. BUT I don't use and never used AppleHDA. I have it disabled in the BIOS and use USB Audio. Maybe that's why i don't have issues with this update.

Sleep/Wake works, UUID is set as always (Mac Appstore works), Graphics work normally, CPU Cores are working normal, native PowerManagement works (speedstepping)

Does anyone with a Cartri bios has any issues?

I have a GB 45-ds3p with 10.6.7 server version, and would like to update because of IPv6.

Thanks

i m am going to upload the 2 kexts use these for those having gfx/pciconfig issues they are in the followng file extra install with kext helper or wizard or whatever you use and voila

Thank you for posting this and uploading the files, saved me a complete reinstall!!! :)

All working now with an iATKOS S3 v2 install on a Dell Vostro 1720 (although I still don't know how to get the onboard wireless to work or the power shut off to work when shutting down!)

This update is the most difficult update for me...ever!!! :wacko: but finally I can updated my Hackintosh on my old laptop Acer Aspire 4740G intel core i3 2,13Ghz, RAM 3 Gb, Nvidia GeForce 310M 512mb :D

I dont use old (10.6.7) AppleACPIplatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext, I just updated my 10.6.7 hackintosh with 10.6.8 update (not combo update) and using 10.6.8 legacy kernel...everything is just works great!!! :(

just for information I have to boot to this 10.6.8 hackintosh with these boot flag :

cpus=1 busratio=16 GraphicsEnabler=yes

There is No stuck or waiting on [PCI configuration begin] ;)

here is my desktop screenshot :

th_Screenshot2011-06-29at24648AM.jpg

Failed update in:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

With Nvidia GF8600GT

integrated network card: RTL8169

And with wireless network card: BCM: 4318

Graphics and network card with DSDT

Without Chameleon, i have access from Grub2

/ Extra / Extensions:

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

After upgrading slow start, blue screen for a minute, then gradually opening the desktop, panel performance medium, blocked, all the features at half speed without actually starting, and do not have network or sound, but the hardware is detected same like in 10.6.7.

When I open an application makes it very slowly and without responding. I feel it could be a network problem, but I have enough evidence.

I tried changing the DSDT for a rebuilt and as usual, I have also tried to change kernel extensions have been brought here for others and IOPCIFamily.kext AppleACPIPlatform.kext 10.6.7, but everything remains the same.

Does anyone know what might that be?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Regards.

re-install /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/Apple80211Monitor.bundle from 10.6.7

Thank you very much, but does not work, I've also read at Netkas forum is for atheros, mine is Boradcom.

or set SMboardproduct in smbios.plist

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1702833

Thank you very much too, but i can't use smbios.plist I have acces only from Grub2.

Thanks, i'm gomma wait for another solution or tomorrow I'll try removing the Broadcom card.

Grets.

##########Edit#####

I removed the wifi Broadcom Card and now everything Works perfectly.

I can connect via conventional network and wait for a solution in Broadcom wifi card.

Thanks a lot and grets.

OK, thanks.

But my main system is Linux and I need Grub. Grub can start OSX86 but can not read smbios.plist.

Now i prefer use grub by the moment for start Linux and OSX86.

I reinstall the Broadcom card I can if I read a future solution

Grets.

I had someone using my hackintosh, they wanted to update iTunes but accidently installed the 10.6.8 combo update. Now in verbose mode it hangs at [PCI configuration begin] (see attachment). I've tried to boot it in safe mode but never goes into safe mode. Any suggestions? I've tried booting with a few different flags (GraphicsEnabler=yes/no cpus=1) with no luck.

Setup

-----------

Acer Aspire One 150

1.5 GB Ram

160GB Hard drive

Dell 1490 Wireless card

post-778312-1309305476_thumb.jpg