10.6.8 officially released

shenor

371 posts in this topic

Yep, but i recommend to use them only if you have fermi gpu.

And of course look at netkas - there will be informations soon. Some say the hal100 (driver for Fermi) has changed a little and there are no dev-ids anymore within that new drivers.

Other Nvidia GPU (than fermi / quadro 4000) dont need that / better use the normal drivers from 10.6.8!!!!

( In the past i tried twice that Fermi/ QUadro 4000 drivers and run in problems / no advantages on my 9600 GT)

Updated my Laptop, as in signature, to 10.6.8

Had to rollback IOPCIFamily.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext to 10.6.7 otherwise boot hang at [PCI Configuration Begin]

Broke my WiFi, but was able to refix this with kext linked in this post

Internal display still blacklit when booting with PciRoot=1

VooDooHDA still working, with known problems (volume change / mute)

EDIT: It appears that the 10.6.8 kexts detect my Graphics Card natively. Strange, but cool =)

Hey there everybody,

Has anyone had any luck with updating their ASUS P5B mobo? If so was there anything special to be done in terms of replacing old kexts etc? I havent updated since 10.6.5 as everything works quite well and I wouldnt want to go back to scratch again.

Hoping for a speedy reply, cheers mates, Plucka

Yes I have test this but don't work.

Yesterday I have delete my /S/L/E Folder :-( and I have copy the Folder from 10.6. and install the Combo Update 10.6.8 but it dont't work. I have test the KErnel from 10.6.7 but don't work. I have test with and without DSDT but don't work :-(

Somehow i managed to update my OS X. SleepEnabler caused KP, then when i booted into OS X, graphics were just black n white + in big squares. Sound working, no problems.

So, i deleted sleepenabler and installed kext's from "douggle" post. Now everything works.

Hex editing ATIRadeonX1000.kext to get QE&CI no longer works, ID´s are not present are present, but hex editing lead to finder crash on boot, as happends on LION kext.

Will keep looking for the right way to hex edit the kext.

Regards.

I am using a 5750 card. Hmm, which kexts do I need?

If it's GPU related you should be able to ssh into the machine from another on your network - or at least see the machine registered to the network.

I just replaced all the ATI kexts - Probably overkill but I couldn't be bothered messing around!

I don't know what to say, it just works.

I have the 10.6.3 retail DVD "restored" via Disk Utility to a hard drive partition and I use it for recovery stuff whenever something like this happens.

And no need for 'sudo' - obviously !

:censored2:

I updated my System without any issues. BUT I don't use and never used AppleHDA. I have it disabled in the BIOS and use USB Audio. Maybe that's why i don't have issues with this update.

Sleep/Wake works, UUID is set as always (Mac Appstore works), Graphics work normally, CPU Cores are working normal, native PowerManagement works (speedstepping)

All OK, just as mentioned before using AppleHDA from 10.6.7 to get dig. output again.

I wonder if there will be an 10.6.9 because at Leopard we're still at 10.5.8 - have just used software update and there was a new Security Update but still 10.5.8.

I wonder if there will be an 10.6.9...
I guess no. As Leopard had (and still is) X.5.8 as the last version before SL, probably SL X.6.8 be the last update before Lion. Also this sentence
Enhance the Mac App Store to get your Mac ready to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion
from Apple's description might indicate that there will be no X.6.9. But you can never know... :)

Okay, I got 10.6.8 working with IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.6.8. :D

kernel.log:

Jun 25 15:04:13 localhost kernel[0]: PFM64 0xf10000000, 0xf0000000
Jun 25 15:04:13 localhost kernel[0]: [ PCI configuration begin ]
Jun 25 15:04:13 localhost kernel[0]: console relocated to 0xf11000000
Jun 25 15:04:13 localhost kernel[0]: PCI configuration changed (bridge=2 device=1 cardbus=0)
Jun 25 15:04:13 localhost kernel[0]: [ PCI configuration end, bridges 6 devices 18 ]

This is what I did - I'm not sure the DSDT/PCI Root part is strictly necessary though.

I installed the new June 24 Quadro 4000 drivers from Nvidia

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro-macosx...f01-driver.html

I have a GTX 460, working with GraphicsEnabler=y. Before anybody asks, no, the freezing issue is not fixed.

I installed the latest SVN Trunk version of Chameleon 2.0 RC5

Make sure to edit your /Extra/smbios.plist and change all instances of "manufacter" to "manufacturer".

Chameleon_2.0_RC5_SVN_Trunk_r1061.zip

I made sure my DSDT PCI0 device had the PCI Root UID declared the way it's described in this thread (see posts by Beerkex'd):

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=207635

I extracted AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from the 10.6.8 combo update using Pacifist and installed them.

http://www.charlessoft.com/

(You might be tempted to just run the combo updater again - don't - this will overwrite the June 24 Nvidia drivers that you have just installed)

Finally, I used Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner to delete all the caches (last tab on the main window)

http://www.northernsoftworks.com/snowleopa...checleaner.html

Now, if I boot with -v it will still stop verbose output on "PCI Configuration Begin", but it continues to boot. If I boot normally I see the Apple boot logo, but no boot spinner. I found that I'm not the only one, someone else has already reported this elsewhere. Either way I can boot now and all that remains for me is to get the new Lion-like AppleHDA.kext to work.

/EDIT

PCI Configuration Begin display freeze / no boot-spinner issue fixed - patched 10.6.8 IOPCIFamily available, see this post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1706087