373 replies to this topic

d-track

d-track

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
a bit offtopic

now lion is out so i am curious if there will be 10.6.9 ever or apple dropped the development of SL?

me@home

me@home

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts
Well on Leopard we're stuck at 10.5.8 since some time...so I guess security updates for SL but maybe we'll get lucky like in Tiger which was 10.4.11 ?

hannah187

hannah187

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Linux can't mount Journaled HFS, you have to use your installation disk

thanks a lot.. so if I use my Installation disk (which is iATKOS) how will I be able to edit dsdt.aml

or is there some kind of recovery module in-built in the installation disk please..where from I can edit dsdt.aml

regards to all

kulfon77

kulfon77

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
You can copy/move this file from pendrive (with HFS+ partition, can be created on linux) using terminal.

hannah187

hannah187

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

You can copy/move this file from pendrive (with HFS+ partition, can be created on linux) using terminal.

thanks a again.. it sounds a bit advanced for me however would love to get my hands dirty..
can you please elaborate a bit more on this procedure..

thanks again

bergoulle

bergoulle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Make sure you have a proper patch for audio in you DSDT file and proper permissions for this file. This file works on my 64 bit system.

in terminal put this

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext 
 chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

and in your dsdt before USB devices this:
Device (HDEF)
			 {
				 Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
				 Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
				 {
					 0x0D, 
					 0x06
				 })
				 OperationRegion (HDCS, PCI_Config, 0x54, 0x04)
				 Field (HDCS, DWordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
				 {
						 ,   15, 
					 PMES,   1
				 }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				 {
					 Store (Package (0x06)
						 {
							 "built-in", 
							 Buffer (One)
							 {
								 0x00
							 }, 

"layout-id", 
							 Buffer (0x04)
							 {
								 0x73, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
							 }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
							 Buffer (Zero) {}
						 }, Local0)
					 MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
					 Return (Local0)
				 }
			 }

Hey,

I did exactly the steps below here, but i still have no sound.
Is there any additionally kext missing ?

Thanks

Attached Files

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

hey thanks a lot for your help.. funny that I tried this terminal command:
sudo chmod 777 dsdt.aml but this is the response I get:

chmod: changing permissions of `dsdt.aml': Read-only file system

and here is the output ls -l
-rw-r--r-- 1 501 80 121410 2011-07-20 09:23 dsdt.aml

permission did not change hence cannot change the codes in dsdt.aml

any idea mate.. any other way to update dsdt.aml plz..
regards

Just a thought, if you have any version of Windows :rolleyes: installed, you could simply overwrite your DSDT.aml in the root of your OS X with the properly edited version via Windows Explorer and MacDrive without having to deal with permissions.

hannah187

hannah187

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
thanks again.. installed MacDrive and got the dsdt.aml from the SnowLeopard root.

Then looked into this post for the dsdt editor in Windows..

http://www.insanelym...p...223205&st=0

Download the file DSDTEditor_Linux_Mac_Win.zip and extracted but do not know how to find the application to open dsdt.aml

I must admit that I feel a little dumb at the moment..

in the meanwhile as well now that I have got an access to My SL partition through Windows I had replaced the following 2 kexts in S/L/E

AppleACPIPlatform.kext
IOPCIFamily.kext

this replacement was done through Windows 7 and then restarted the laptop for Snow Leopard and still getting "PCI configuration Begin"

anyway suppose the next step is to fix the dsdt.aml.. please help me with dsdt editor..how to edit my dsdt.aml

MacKonsti

MacKonsti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

0x2000 is the kIOPCIConfiguratorPFM64 flag, as seen in the IOPCIFamily source code. (PFM64 probably stands for prefetch memory 64 bit).

npci=0x2000 turns off this flag, as npci negates whatever flag bits you specify.

With this flag turned off, the logic that sets fConsoleRange is disabled, and so the new graphics console relocation code is not triggered.

However, the rest of the other new relocation code is still executed, and therein probably lies a problem for some, depending upon your PCI memory config.

AFAIK, npci=0x2000 is working fine without side effects for most users.

@bcc9
Dear friend, I just wanted to report that using npci=0x3000 on my mobo, also seems to be working i.e. bypassing the [ PCI configuration begin ] problem. Any idea as to why this address also works? Injecting e.g. npci=0x0200 doesn't work. Could this be related to my lspci -nn output, as my graphics card address is:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: nVidia Corporation G98 [GeForce 8400 GS] [10de:06e4] (rev a1)
...located at address 0x00010000 (device PEGP that includes GFX0 in DSDT)? Does this flag have anything to do with the actual address of the graphics card? I tried e.g. 0x0300 out of curiosity and it didn't work.

Does that mean that npci=0x2000 is strictly a kernel parameter, rather than a declaration to help the kernel? If so, why did it work on my mobo with npci=0x3000?

Thanks again and guys, I would appreciate if people post 10.6.8 related questions/solutions, rather than how to edit DSDTs etc. It's flooding the thread :D

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

thanks again.. installed MacDrive and got the dsdt.aml from the SnowLeopard root.

Then looked into this post for the dsdt editor in Windows..

http://www.insanelym...p...223205&st=0

Download the file DSDTEditor_Linux_Mac_Win.zip and extracted but do not know how to find the application to open dsdt.aml

I must admit that I feel a little dumb at the moment..

in the meanwhile as well now that I have got an access to My SL partition through Windows I had replaced the following 2 kexts in S/L/E

AppleACPIPlatform.kext
IOPCIFamily.kext

this replacement was done through Windows 7 and then restarted the laptop for Snow Leopard and still getting "PCI configuration Begin"

anyway suppose the next step is to fix the dsdt.aml.. please help me with dsdt editor..how to edit my dsdt.aml

After substituting your kexts, did you delete Snow Leopard's kext caches or boot with the -f flag? If not, the OS X has booted up from the former kext cache, neglecting to load the newly substituted kexts.
/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext

Although I have never personally used the windows version of the DSDTEditor, you should be able to simply open and edit your DSDT.aml in windows as you would in OS X. If you are unable to do so, send me your DSDT.aml and I will properly edit it with the PCI patch.

Thanks again and guys, I would appreciate if people post 10.6.8 related questions/solutions, rather than how to edit DSDTs etc. It's flooding the thread :hysterical:

DSDT editing is essential and inherent to the OS X "questions/solutions".

hannah187

hannah187

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
right..tried now booting with -f flag still same problem.. I wish I could edit this dsdt.aml file.. I opened it with notepad in Win7..looks like garbage really...

anyway thanks for your offer..here is my dsdt.aml as attached...

Attached Files

• Attached File  dsdt.rar   40.97KB   5 downloads

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
DSDT Editor fails to open this file. Is this the actual DSDT.aml from the root of your OS X partition?

RN95

RN95

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi DX,

I tried Unrar 2 and get get a DSDT.aml which takes a couple of minutes (!?!?) to open with DSDT editor.

Cheers

MajorKen

MajorKen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
I just upgrade mine from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8. Now this is weird because all is well and most of the icons do appear in my screen except the Folder icon. I believe I'm still using the lates NVenabler.kext. I'm using 9500GT btw. I tried to download the other kexts from kexts.com but I cannot register since I do not see the Image Verification. Can somebody shed a light for me please? Thank you!

hannah187

hannah187

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

DSDT Editor fails to open this file. Is this the actual DSDT.aml from the root of your OS X partition?

Ok I have sent my original unmodified dsdt.aml to MaLd0n in this forum..he then patched it and send it to me
See the post below..

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1717318

The dsdt.aml that I sent to you is this one..which currently sits in my root of OS X partition..

I hope this explains your query.

Many thanks

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
This is the largest DSDT.aml I have ever seen! :blink: I have applied the [PCI Configuration Begins] error patch. Try it and let me know if it works.

Attached File  DSDT.aml.zip   43.48KB   13 downloads

hannah187

hannah187

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Ok still the same problem.. this is what I have done:

Downloaded and then unzipped in Win7

There were 1 file and 1 folder
File name: DSDT.aml
Folder Name: __MACOSX

I have copied this DSDT.aml in the root of my Snow Leopard drive which replaced the existing DSDT.aml

Then I started my laptop with the following boot flags:

-v -f
-v -f -x
-v -f -s

in all cases it stops at PCI Configuration Begins

Appreciate the help at lot...

What's next please..

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
1. Revert to the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from the OS X 10.6.7

2. Add a kernel boot argument npci=0×2000

I do not have those kexts to share. However, they are readily available on this very thread among many others.
You should be able to simply substitute your existing OS X 10.6.8 kexts from the Windows via the MacDrive. Do not forget to force the system to rebuild caches by deleting the caches folders or booting with the -f flag. If you have to repair permissions, use the single user mode (-s) to do so manually or boot up your installation partition or USB drive and simply use the Disk Utility app.

hannah187

hannah187

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
THANKS A lot DarwinX.. Really appreciate your help. AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext these kexts were already replaced.

And started with boot argument npci=0×2000 but still stuck at [PCI Configuration Begins]

It's so unfortunate..
thanks again for your kind help

mediamac

mediamac

Mediarays

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Hackintoshing
To avoid [PCI Configuration Begin] use this kexts from 10.6.7:
http://www.mediafire...u6sietuh5b0rh6t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy