10.6.8 officially released

shenor

371 posts in this topic

I always update from 10.6.0 to 10.6.7 without any problem. At this time I recieved this message. "Can not install combined Mac OSX update on this disc. Has been an error evaluating the package javascript".

screencaptureql.png

Any idea??.

Sorry for my bad english. Thanks

Finally! Someone to technically explain this flag! Thanks bcc9!
You're welcome. BTW, I had to chase down your question here, as it wasn't posted to me or where I first reported the fix...
I would like to report that, on my mobo with Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD4 with Core i7 set as iMac11,1 there is no need for this flag as the "PCI Configuration Begins" doesn't stop/block. It's working without any further editing!
I suspect you won't have a pci relocation problem if your graphics is via a discrete card, where its memory isn't being allocated from a pci bridge's memory space.
Should there be some code modification in Chameleon, now that you guys found the cause/effect of npci=0x2000? I am curious as to why this flag doesn't work for everyone, as we all have the SAME 10.6.8 update...
For one, users are reporting system hangs after "PCI Configuration begin" as if it were the same problem as loss of vga console output after that message. And there are many other reasons why your system may hang.

Also I still suspect one's system can have problems with the new memory relocation even if the vga console address isn't getting remapped (I have problems with lion dp4 but not 10.6.8 or lion gm for example...).

I don't think this should be hard-coded into chameleon, the flag bit may change in future revisions of this driver, and with a better understanding of the memory relocation code in that kext, a lower level fix is likely to be more generally correct.

I suspect you won't have a pci relocation problem if your graphics is via a discrete card, where its memory isn't being allocated from a pci bridge's memory space.

For one, users are reporting system hangs after "PCI Configuration begin" as if it were the same problem as loss of vga console output after that message. And there are many other reasons why your system may hang.

Also I still suspect one's system can have problems with the new memory relocation even if the vga console address isn't getting remapped (I have problems with lion dp4 but not 10.6.8 or lion gm for example...).

I don't think this should be hard-coded into chameleon, the flag bit may change in future revisions of this driver, and with a better understanding of the memory relocation code in that kext, a lower level fix is likely to be more generally correct.

Thanks again for your input on this. On the Gigabyte Core i7, the graphics card is on its own PCIe x16 slot; but so is the graphics adapter on the other mobo with ICH7, on its own PCIe slot. Perhaps it's the BIOS that does the memory relocation that the OS X doesn't like?

I inject my display adapter in both cases via DSDT (inside a PEGP device I place GFX0) with almost the same code. So what you say is that it's probably motherboard management combined with the new kexts from 10.6.8 and Lion GM, right?

So do you have any hunch/idea as to what we can do to find our own console address (and thus set it as npci flag) perhaps with some tools etc.? I guess lspci doesn't help ;)

Thanks again, bcc9 and everyone else that contributes.

So do you have any hunch/idea as to what we can do to find our own console address (and thus set it as npci flag) perhaps with some tools etc.? I guess lspci doesn't help B)

Thanks again, bcc9 and everyone else that contributes.

You can use pci=0x1 to turn on debugging, those debug messages include one that shows the base memory address used for the console (if you also use npci=0x2000 you'll see the original value). npci is to turn off flag bits so your comment about that doesn't make sense.

IOPCIFamily is driving the relocation based upon the PCI configuration as defined by your hardware (DSDT, etc).

Can anyone shed more light on ATI support with 10.6.8?

When I was updating my system display went black. A few attempts at bringing it back failed and ended up restoring through a Time Machine backup. I believe it was my ATI card/drivers at fault. I believe some people simply reverted to 10.6.7 ATI kexts, but if there another workaround available?

I always update from 10.6.0 to 10.6.7 without any problem. At this time I recieved this message. "Can not install combined Mac OSX update on this disc. Has been an error evaluating the package javascript".

Any idea??.

Sorry for my bad english. Thanks

Your kernel name is not the original, rename it to mach_kernel!

Your kernel name is not the original, rename it to mach_kernel!

diskeeper you're right, updated to 10.6.8 succesfully. Testing with Nawcom's legacy_kernel 10.6.8 .

Thanks a lot!!!

i had video issues with nvidia.. _UID fix worked. .. some cases u have to add.. some u have to replace _ADR with _UID

in my laptop replace works fine.. with proper smbios.plist (post 96 of this thread)

5750. It requires editing in the device ID in the ATI kext's plist.

try to use ATI kexts from Lion ( ATI5000Controller.kext , ATIRadeonX3000.kext , ATIFrameBuffer.kext , ATISupport.kext ) , firstly without your ID and if it dont works , try with your ID !

configd keeps crashing, system is very slow and unresponsive, drives don't mount automatically, wifi is disabled, boot takes longer, ...

Horrible update for my AMD. Nawcoms v2 package and Chameleon RC5 r10xx didn't help either.

Will this be fixed and is anyone else experiencing this issue?

configd keeps crashing, system is very slow and unresponsive, drives don't mount automatically, wifi is disabled, boot takes longer, ...

Horrible update for my AMD. Nawcoms v2 package and Chameleon RC5 r10xx didn't help either.

Will this be fixed and is anyone else experiencing this issue?

what helped my slow unresponsive system (seconds would only change every 10 seconds) was changing my smbios.plist from the defalt chamillion imac 8.1 to imac 9.1...that fixed 90% of my "slow" issues

i would also recommend the newest rc5 1094,<(there is most likley a newer one) and fakesmc ( http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?...&hl=fakesmc ) along with replacing Apple80211Monitor.bundle" for wifi as well as appleHDA from 10.6.7 in s/l/e/ for

sound.

also test appstore and if u get

"No GUID is available. Contact Support for assistance."

Go to Library > Preferences > System Configuration and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist. (backup your old one) just incase...

Reboot.

NOTE: doing this will cause OS X to rebuild your network preferences with whatever is plugged in when you restart.

For example, my Wireless USB stick changed from it's own connection to en0 - ethernet because I have the EthernetBuiltIn flag set to Yes in my com.apple.Boot.plist. So if you have issues with this... don't try it.

But doing so completely fixed those unknown error (-50) in iTunes and with authorizing the computer and with Home Sharing and appstore...

good luck.

Thanks for that. I hope this will fix all issues otherwise I probably stay at 10.6.7 forever.

Maybe Nawcom adds these fixes to his package - that would be great.

I don't want to update the AMD to Lion so I could probably pass 10.6.8.

I had the PCI Configuration Begins problem as well with an H55M-UD2H build /w an i5-760.

It was sporting a very inappropriate MacPro4,1 SMBIOS.plist, so I switched to a iMac11,3 along with the appropriate SMboardprouduct IDs.

I still had the same problem. I then updated from RC5 560ish to the RC5897 and still had the same problem. I then tried booting with the npci=0x2000 flag, but no go.

I then booted into Windows and ran Malad0n's auto-dsdt patcher and replaced my old DSDT. Problem solved.

Hope that helps someone! It was just lazines on this build that caused me some problems. Clearly should have had better SMBios info and a better DSDT long ago.

I had the PCI Configuration Begins problem as well with an H55M-UD2H build /w an i5-760.

It was sporting a very inappropriate MacPro4,1 SMBIOS.plist, so I switched to a iMac11,3 along with the appropriate SMboardprouduct IDs.

I still had the same problem. I then updated from RC5 560ish to the RC5897 and still had the same problem. I then tried booting with the npci=0x2000 flag, but no go.

I then booted into Windows and ran Malad0n's auto-dsdt patcher and replaced my old DSDT. Problem solved.

Hope that helps someone! It was just lazines on this build that caused me some problems. Clearly should have had better SMBios info and a better DSDT long ago.

Dear friend, why don't you post here the original DSDT that caused problems and the new patched DSDT so we can examine the differences and see what we can apply to our own mobos?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I have a D830 and installed iATKOS S3 V2 and updated to 10.6.7

everything works except sleep / shutdown / reboot and sometimes intermittently slow.

then I saw the 10.6.8 update so I downloaded the update and installed, could not boot.

searched the forum and found legacy kernel so again I restored by 10.6.7 and installed 10.6.8 update, before rebooting I installed the legacy kernel. rebooted

nothing works. tried all the options including npci=0x2000 as well as replacing the kexts (AppleIO,IOPCI and sleep enabler)

I do not have PCI configuration begin error or anything I pass with that but I do see a warning

"Warning: Kernel was not built with custom dyld blob"

after that "Bug:launchctl.c:3557(23930:17:ioctl (s6,SIOAIRADDR_IN6,&ifra6) ! = -1"

it goes for disk checking and I get some messages then comes the Error: Firewire unable to determine security code

after that I get a message "Checking catalog file" and thats it. the whole system is stuck I cannot use keyboard or anything but press the power button.

Please help I need to perfect the system with shutdown.

regards and thanks in adv.

Niranjan