Lion Installation

KHIT

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I've recently tried installing Lion 10.7 DP4 on my HP laptop running Intel Core i5 with Integrated Intel HD Graphics and a dedicated AMD Radeon HD5650.

The problem is that in order get rid of the black screen when booting the installation USB drive I've created, I needed to remove some kexts from the S/L/E folder. But as soon as I install the system onto my PC, which is already running Windows 7, it freezes halfways for about 5 minutes and then tells me that there is an error and installation was interupted. If I press restart and gives it another try, the same happens again. I think it is because the installer searches for the kexts to copy, and it gives me the error, because it can't find the files I've deleted.

My question is:

Is it possible to extract and modify the installation files, just as you would to make OS X able to install on MBR partitioned drives, and remove the files from the search, or whatever it is, to prevent cancelation of the installer?

You need a OSinstall.mpkg patched to get MBR installation.

Look at nawcom http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=751

My OSInstall.mpkg is already patched for MBR. The Problem is that in order to get rid of the blank screen when booting the installation USB Drive, I need to remove some files from the S/L/E folder, and because of that, installation failes halfways.

There must be a list of files to copy/install onto my harddrive, inside the OSInstall.mpkg or some other file, which I have to open i TextEdit and remove the files I don't want to copy, save the file, and install OS X Lion DP4 without any problems.

Have you tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes in your boot.plist?

Yes, I have tried with both GraphicsEnabler set to Yes and also tried set to No. I have tried both options with AC-power and battery-power, same result.

So the only way I see to solve the problem is to tell the installer not to search and copy the files I have deleted.

you could try to duplicate some files you install and gave them the names of the deleted files. so you will install them twice.

that would some kind of workaround for me if i could not figure out the installroutine.

not sure if it works but you could give it a try.

you could try to duplicate some files you install and gave them the names of the deleted files. so you will install them twice.

that would some kind of workaround for me if i could not figure out the installroutine.

not sure if it works but you could give it a try.

Well. Now it works. I was about to do it myself, but I decided to ask here, just to be sure there was no other way.