Dual Display

26 posts in this topic

ok so, i had 10.6.3 installed but could not get my tv-out to work so i downgraded to iatkos 10.5.7. My graphics card is a nvidia geforce 8400gs. it has 1 dvi, 1 vga, and one tv out. i am trying to be able to use two of these at once but it never works. if i connect both my tv, and vga monitor at the same time, the screens stay black but if i boot up using just the tv, or just the monitor it works just fine. what am i doing wrong? im using the nvinject kext as well as nait dual

Try using the DVI output instead of the VGA output. Use a DVI-VGA adapter if you have to.

Stick with GraphicsEnabler=y, don't use nvkush, nvinject or nvdarwin, they are old and obsolete. If you must use a .kext injector use something recent like NVEnabler or ATY_Init.

no it isnt and i have no idea why. In 10.5.7 i have quartz extreme and i have translucent menu bar and opacity but for some reason i cannot get it to work in 10.6.3. Right now im using NVEnabler kext and graphicsenabler=yes but still no quartz and still only one screen at a time

post-50086-1308676146_thumb.png

Just so you guys know, i dont care what version of OSX i have to use. If i have to go back to 10.5.7 thats fine with me. I just want to be able to use my tv as an extended desktop or even a mirror screen

Download the attached file and extract the contents to your desktop.

Make sure the bdmesg binary is on your desktop, not inside a folder.

bdmesg.zip

Open a terminal prompt and enter

cd ~/desktop

cp bdmesg /usr/bin

reboot

Open a terminal prompt and enter

bdmesg > ~/desktop/bdmesg.txt

zip and attach bdmesg.txt here (use the full editor to attach files).

just to be sure, can you download the installer on the forum here and install it (i hope you're running this on a separate drive to be sure)

and then post your com.boot.apple.plist here

i'm sure it should work or something else is interferring

just to be sure, can you download the installer on the forum here and install it (i hope you're running this on a separate drive to be sure)

and then post your com.boot.apple.plist here

i'm sure it should work or something else is interferring

i am at work right now but when i get home i will post my com.boot.apple.plist

on thing you should know though is that this installation of chameleon 2 looks more like chameleon 1. instead of having the chameleon on top and the blue bar going accros, it just says chameleon 2 rc 5. i also have another intallation on another hard drive using an altered version of chameleon 2, the default one from the iatkos s3 v2 10.6.3 disc. which .plist would you want me to post?

these are my two different boot screens

post-50086-1308761059_thumb.jpg

post-50086-1308761080_thumb.jpg

i also find it extremely odd that even before chameleon/darwin/osx starts, there is no picture on the tv at all. nothing during boot unless the monitor is unplugged. my motherboard is foxconn and i would think that these two screens should appear on both monitor and tv

post-50086-1308761426_thumb.jpg

post-50086-1308761449_thumb.jpg