3 replies to this topic

77manos7

77manos7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hello there

i am trying to install mac on my acer aspire 5738g (c2d t6600, 4gb ram and ati 4570) but i fail all the time.

i downloaded a distro that i just discovered, hazart's one, but when i insert the dvd it shows the white screen with the apple in the centre but no loading circle appears...

what is going on?

i tried cpus=1 busratio=20 arch=i386 but nothing...

i'm tired of this but i dont give up!

any help would be appreciated and sorry for my bad english ;)

thanks at all...

ifrit05

ifrit05

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
Boot with the -v flag (verbose mode). It should tell you what error your getting. Saying your stuck at the grey boot screen means nothing.

Im betting its a SATA/IDE Controller error. It should say something like "still waiting for root device".
In the installer options make sure you install a SATA/IDE controller that goes with your computer. Look up your tech specs if you don't know what's inside.

77manos7

77manos7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
really thank you for your fast reply!

well the last line when it stucks says "Waiting on <{censored} ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>"

i'm stuck there for 15 minutes...

EDIT: I reinstalled iATKOS 5i. First boot, failed (stuck there). Second boot, i booted with "-v", boot success!. Third boot (without "-v") failed. One more time with "-v"...failed again. Shows the message i posted above.

What's going on with this mac? lOl

EDIT2: One more try, booted with "cpus=1 -v" boot success. Next boot without anything, stuck there. Trying with only "cpus=1", boot success.

Maybe that says something...

ifrit05

ifrit05

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
I just found this guide: http://www.insanelym...p...11&hl=5738g.
See if you can get it to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy