Stuck at installation screen, not even moving :(

4 posts in this topic

hello there

i am trying to install mac on my acer aspire 5738g (c2d t6600, 4gb ram and ati 4570) but i fail all the time.

i downloaded a distro that i just discovered, hazart's one, but when i insert the dvd it shows the white screen with the apple in the centre but no loading circle appears...

what is going on?

i tried cpus=1 busratio=20 arch=i386 but nothing...

i'm tired of this but i dont give up!

any help would be appreciated and sorry for my bad english ;)

thanks at all...

Boot with the -v flag (verbose mode). It should tell you what error your getting. Saying your stuck at the grey boot screen means nothing.

Im betting its a SATA/IDE Controller error. It should say something like "still waiting for root device".

In the installer options make sure you install a SATA/IDE controller that goes with your computer. Look up your tech specs if you don't know what's inside.

really thank you for your fast reply!

well the last line when it stucks says "Waiting on <{censored} ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>"

i'm stuck there for 15 minutes...

EDIT: I reinstalled iATKOS 5i. First boot, failed (stuck there). Second boot, i booted with "-v", boot success!. Third boot (without "-v") failed. One more time with "-v"...failed again. Shows the message i posted above.

What's going on with this mac? lOl

EDIT2: One more try, booted with "cpus=1 -v" boot success. Next boot without anything, stuck there. Trying with only "cpus=1", boot success.

Maybe that says something...