NVidia 7600 GS, gray screen on boot need help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

abkratch

abkratch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hello insanelymac!
I am having quote a bit of trouble enabling full resolution and QE CI on an nvidia gefore 7600... I am running Lion dp2 and can boot without native resolution, but if I install NVenabler.kext, or flag graphics enabler=yes on startup, all I see is a solid gray screen with no cursor. It stays like that and does not continue. Is there any known solution to this problem at the moment? I am running Chameleon RC5 as my boot loader.

Thanks!
abkratch

Ririholic

Ririholic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Hello insanelymac!
I am having quote a bit of trouble enabling full resolution and QE CI on an nvidia gefore 7600... I am running Lion dp2 and can boot without native resolution, but if I install NVenabler.kext, or flag graphics enabler=yes on startup, all I see is a solid gray screen with no cursor. It stays like that and does not continue. Is there any known solution to this problem at the moment? I am running Chameleon RC5 as my boot loader.

Thanks!
abkratch

Delete NVEnabler.kext and try with Natit.kext. That worked for me. I have nVidia GeForce 8600 GT

abkratch

abkratch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
No dice.

Ririholic

Ririholic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

No dice.

Put DSDT in Lion partition.

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,098 posts
Isn't Lion 64-bit only? I have no idea really.

If so you can't use a 7xxx series card, there are no 64-bit drivers for those since 10.6.3. Unless that has somehow magically changed with Lion but that wouldn't make much sense from a business standpoint. As far as I know, all 7xxx cards and earlier (for Mac) have 32-bit EFI firmware only so it would make no sense for nvidia or Apple to provide 64-bit drivers for them. That is, if I'm understanding correctly how it works.

If Lion is not 64-bit only, then you are in luck, all you need to do is boot it in 32-bit kernel and drivers mode.

fireofanor

fireofanor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
i had the same problem
fixed it by flashing the rom http://www.s15515867...512cardrom.html
and boot with arch=i386

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy