Apparently people have gotten their 460 to work. I was left in the dust.

Nex7er

11 posts in this topic

I installed Lion DP4 today with my 8800 GTS 640 in my Hack Pro (using the 460 I kept getting PCI Configuration Begin). After install, I did a full set of installs for kexts. Everythings working. I plug in my 460 but it hangs at the apple boot screen. No KP.

Using -v I see it's SLOWLY reading kexts, but at the end of it all, it just re-reads them. In a loop. Even if I install the nvidia drivers (I can boot with -x but it's slow as {censored}), it's still not working.

Using the latest Chimera.

PS: I also installed the latest CUDA drivers from nVidia to no avail. Currently, only my 8800 GTS is working. I would really like my slick 1gb MSI 460 to work so that Premiere can take advantage of it for the Mercury Engine.

Delete Apple Power Managemant kexts and put NullCPUPowerManagemant.kext and fakesmc.kext. You also need kext for your motherboard (I used nForceATA) and use Natit.kext for your graphic card. And you need to copy DSDT file to partition where you installed Lion. If you need any help, message me!

Hope I helped.

Luka.

@Ririholic: What kexts would that be? I installed NullCPU and Fakesmc with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], as well as Chimera. DSDT is in Extra folder. Only thing I am missing is nForceATA and Natit (which Gringo Vermelho says is not needed with latest Chameleon/Chimera).

GraphicsEnabler=Yes is in my .plist.

EDIT ADD: I added nForceATA.kext (got the one for Snow and 64bit) and voila - my 460 works! You're a gpusaver, Ririholic! :( I did an Xbench benchmark and was wondering if these were good numbers:

HF7yK.png

Also getting 40fps in cinebench which isn't a whole lot better than previes 2XX gtx.

@Ririholic: What kexts would that be? I installed NullCPU and Fakesmc with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], as well as Chimera. DSDT is in Extra folder. Only thing I am missing is nForceATA and Natit (which Gringo Vermelho says is not needed with latest Chameleon/Chimera).

GraphicsEnabler=Yes is in my .plist.

EDIT ADD: I added nForceATA.kext (got the one for Snow and 64bit) and voila - my 460 works! You're a gpusaver, Ririholic! :rolleyes: I did an Xbench benchmark and was wondering if these were good numbers:

HF7yK.png

Also getting 40fps in cinebench which isn't a whole lot better than previes 2XX gtx.

You are welcome :)

GTX 460 works perfectly fine with Chameleon GraphicsEnabler, there's no need to use Natit.

His work with OpenCL GTX 460? Mine did not work and the performance is low. My note on Cinebench is 5.66. Use the GraphicsEnabler. Help me!

His work with OpenCL GTX 460? Mine did not work and the performance is low. My note on Cinebench is 5.66. Use the GraphicsEnabler. Help me!

Like I've said, use Natit.kext and copy DSDT and it will work!

i built for a very close friend a x58a-ud3r with dsdt and graphicsenabler and its stable .. until we try to use finalcut2 to encode or play a HD vid. liek its decoding improperly .. but no freeze!.

installed the tonymac driver and the cuda. with 8600gt then replaced to gtx460 msi hawx.. he ended up puting in the msi twinfrozr gts250 to be able to use finalcut2.

I'm not getting any of the freezes from Snow Leopard. Well, I did get a KP once while watching a movie, but that's it. It's been working just fine, and no video playing in the background. Nothing. Almost 24h uptime according to iStat right now. Will leave it on for a few days.