0x3A, 0x3A, 0x00, 0x00
							}, 

"AAPL,clock-id", 
							Buffer (One)
							{
								0x01
							}
						}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}

anyway
great job

I have also very strange phenomena:
With no edit of the .plist as you said:
Only wakeup from keyboard possible and after wakeup CMOS is cleared on the next startup...
With you entries in the plist:
Monitor gets dark, lion wakes up and sleeps again..

Very strange.
I'll send you my DSDT extracted from Windows in a few days, maybe there's some change...

MacNB

MacNB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

NativePM + USB fix(if you need) = Native Sleep

But NOT wake in case of a notebook.

I have tried your patched DSDT and added USB fix but does not wake up from sleep (Acer Aspite 3820T)

Most people get the Sleep AND Wake working on Desktops but much harder on Notebooks as I am finding.

hnak

hnak

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
I am runnning 10.6.8 and 10.7 on the same hardware, using exactly the same optional kexts ( fakesmc & IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector ) and DSDT.
10.6.8 sleeps & wakes up, but 10.7 never wakes up - needs reset.

GA-P55-UD3R, core i750, GeForce 2400GT, Intel 82571 NIC.

Kari_Juhani

Kari_Juhani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Messing around, annoying other people, fixing things that are not broken, and - of course - put...
Sleep works... X58A-UD7 / ver 1.0 and BIOS IS F8 !, it is just updated from GB's site.... after that, of course, a remake for DSDT.aml and SleepEnabler.kext + AppleRTC.kext are modded for Lion (11A494a). Downloaded them from Kexts.com...

When sleeping a double click on my mouse wakes it up. Mouse is a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000; it's odd to me that somethings from MS really work.

Only thing "not working out of box"™ is that after sleep i need to manually make mkext for S/L/E to caches if i install something or upgrade so that kexts are changed. Otherwise it reads all kexts again when rebooting next time.

So i run first Kext Utility or something that fixes all permissions (S/L/E + /E/E) and makes mkext for Extra/Extensions. After that i use this in Terminal

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

For sleep to work, it is not needed to remake mkexts. It is only for faster booting.....

Kari

samsonluk

samsonluk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

Lion no longer use /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext

stevekicks

stevekicks

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

10.6.8 sleeps & wakes up, but 10.7 never wakes up - needs reset.

GA-P55-UD3R, core i750, GeForce 2400GT, Intel 82571 NIC.

i have the same board (well, the P55A version) and my sleep works flawlessly.

you need a couple of things:

1. DSDT from tonymacs database that matches both your motherboard and bios version
2. in energy preferences, enable "automatically start after a power failure"
3. the below binary patch for applertc (paste into terminal):

perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\x74\x0b|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\xeb\x0b|; s|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\x74\x08|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\xeb\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
With those 3 things - it works perfectly.

Only thing "not working out of box"™ is that after sleep i need to manually make mkext for S/L/E to caches if i install something or upgrade so that kexts are changed. Otherwise it reads all kexts again when rebooting next time.

mkext isn't used any more as samsonluk mentioned.

Here's what to do:

1. put all your required kexts into /System/Library/Extensions
2. apply root:wheel ownership, and 644 permissions to those kexts
3. put the following into your com.apple.boot.plist file:

<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

4. delete /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache and reboot your machine. It'll rebuild the kernelcache file and the bootloader will use it upon startup.

whenever something changes in /S/L/E, that kernelcache file will rebuild itself.

Kasakka

Kasakka

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
What can I use to debug my sleep issues? I have an Abit IP35 board (most likely pretty close to Intel reference P35/ICH9R board) and have patched it so that everything but sleep works. Native PM seems to work using Chameleon generated P/Cstates and HPET added to DSDT, or at least it doesn't kernel panic.

The machine does go to sleep just fine, but when waking up just get a blank screen and the computer hangs because nothing can be launched via Spotlight (otherwise there would be HDD activity).

So which logs should I check for clues why this happens?

BadMinus

BadMinus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
If computer goes to sleep by itself everything fine. But when i choose from menubar Apple->Sleep computer restarts. So for the first case it's not "sleeping" or everything works except choosing from menubar?
Hope someone understand what i'm talking about :rolleyes:

UPD: It just seems that working only display sleep.

efimac

efimac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Manual sleeps works perfectly but not auto sleep. I've upgraded to LionGM but when I was on LionDP4, sleeps works both manual and auto. I've not tried clean install yet.

longtom

longtom

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Manual sleeps works perfectly but not auto sleep. I've upgraded to LionGM but when I was on LionDP4, sleeps works both manual and auto. I've not tried clean install yet.

Try the standard settings + Restart after power failure.

smylee

smylee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Got sleep working without any special manipulations. I'm using auto-patcher generated DSDT.

GA-EP31-DS3L

TimeShift

TimeShift

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
I'm using the DSDT generated by Auto-Patcher and I'm also using the binary patch for AppleRTC.

My computer sleeps well but when it wakes, the video is all messy and I have to hard-reboot.

MaLd0n

MaLd0n

...filling veins with juice of chaos...

• Moderators
  • 11,137 posts

But NOT wake in case of a notebook.

I have tried your patched DSDT and added USB fix but does not wake up from sleep (Acer Aspite 3820T)

Most people get the Sleep AND Wake working on Desktops but much harder on Notebooks as I am finding.

in your CASE
see the ioreg MacBookPro6,1

EHCI
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
	Store (Package ()
		{
			"device-id",
			Buffer (0x04)
			{
				0x34, 0x3B, 0x00, 0x00
			}, 
			"built-in", 
			Buffer (One)
			{
				0x00
			}, 
			"AAPL,clock-id", 
			Buffer (One)
			{
				0x01
			}, 
			"device_type", 
			Buffer (0x05)
			{
				"EHCI"
			}, 
			"AAPL,current-available", 
			0x04B0, 
			"AAPL,current-extra", 
			0x02BC, 
			"AAPL,current-in-sleep", 
			0x03E8, 
			Buffer (One)
			{
				0x00
			}
		}, Local0)
	Return (Local0)
}

UHCI
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
	Store (Package (0x02)
		{
			"device-id", 
			Buffer (0x04)
			{
				0x3B, 0x3B, 0x00, 0x00
			}
		}, Local0)
	Return (Local0)
}

Many things can break the sleep
the kexts for PS2, voodoohda, kext for USB3, GPUs, etc
in many cases

2. in energy preferences, enable "automatically start after a power failure"

Do not use DSDT from other computer, in many cases even if the mobo and BIOS version are the same, the amount of memory, number of used memory slots, etc. can cause problems.
database is not a good idea

nissefar

nissefar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
A lot of systems are still plagued with the "Wake Reason:?" problem causing WoL or Power Button wakes not to wake the system properly. As far as I've noticed it's mainly Gigabyte boards that got this problem.

asterix86

asterix86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Someone with Asus P5Q motherboard? What I should do to make sleep working?

bmas

bmas

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
What can you suppose ... My sleep and wake from sleep work perfectly on Snow Leo 10.6.8. Work perfectly on Lion, too, but without speedstep, if I enable speedstep (GenerateC/PStates) in Lion, the hacky wakes up with 2-3-4 time less performance than normal .. :(

beastyfellow

beastyfellow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Sleep works... X58A-UD7 / ver 1.0 and BIOS IS F8 !, it is just updated from GB's site.... after that, of course, a remake for DSDT.aml and SleepEnabler.kext + AppleRTC.kext are modded for Lion (11A494a). Downloaded them from Kexts.com...

New SleepEnabler and AppleRTC kexts work for me too. No DSDT. The only annoyance is that it takes ~30 seconds to standby.

Intel DH67CF
i5-2400s

cobradera

cobradera

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:webdesign, 3d modelling, audio/video editing, webhosting

I saw nawcom just released SleepEnabler. I've been using it for the past couple of days.

http://blog.nawcom.c...kext.10.7.x.zip

I'll get around to fixing my sleep on the DSDT soon.

Hi All,

I used the SleepEnabler.kext from the link provided by TomTheGeek on my Lion and Sleep is working perfect.
I placed the kext in /Extra/Extensions and after that just ran kextutility and restart and now Sleep is working.
The motherboard i have lion installed now is an Asus P6T Deluxe V2 and everything is working ok.
Thanks to MaLd0n for this great guide here : http://www.insanelym...howtopic=256729

ibr4him

ibr4him

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
I just removed the NullCPU... kext from Extras and Sleep/Wake works perfectly now.

Johnny_G

Johnny_G

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I first installed the new SleepEnabler for 10.7, and got it to sleep BUT waking up with the power button (as I used to do in 10.6.x) caused a restart, removing the nullcpupowermanagement.kext from Extra allows it to sleep and wake up properly BUT it keeps resetting the CMOS on restarts. I haven't tried the new sleepenabler without nullcpupowermanagement, need to find a way to stop Lion messing with CMOS.

I'm on a G41M-ES2L / Quad Core Xeon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy