[GUIDE] Lion Retail & Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3

177 posts in this topic

asus_logo.png

Before we start, i want you to know my RIG Spec,

My Hack Specification:

Mobo : ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3

Procie : Intel Core i7 2600k (@4.3Ghz 1.2v Daily)

RAM : Corsair Dominator GT 8GB CL9 2133Mhz (@1866Mhz)

VGA : 2x ASUS EAH6870 Crossfire

Harddisk : WDC Green 500GB (SnowLeopard) SATA II @Intel Port (White)

WDC Green 2x500GB Raid0 (Windows 7 Ultimate) SATA II @Intel Port (Blue)

WDC Black 1 TB (DATA) SATA III 6GB/s @Intel Port (White)

HSF : Noctua NH-D14 (3 Fans)

Casing : Corsair 600T Graphite

DVD : ASUS DVD-RW @Intel Port (Blue)

Here we go, step by step

1. DownloadNEW regae Boot CD and burn it to a CD or DVD.

2. Set the first boot to DVD rom in BIOS and boot to regae Boot CD, you will see Chameleon Bootloader.

3. Eject regae Boot CD and insert Snow Leopard Retail DVD, wait a bit, Press F5 and boot to Mac OS X Install DVD.

4. Install Snow Leopard to Your Harddrive, restart, and swap the Snow Leopard Retail DVD with regae Boot CD.

5. Boot to regae Boot CD, and boot to Snow Leopard Harddrive that you installed before.

6. Install Mac OS X 10.6.8 Helper (ONLY BEFORE UPDATE), and reboot, repeat Step 5. and install Mac OS X 10.6.8 Helper (ONLY AFTER UPDATE)

7. Install regae Package v3.0, You have to read the description in each options carefully, depends on your machine, and reboot.

8. Set the first boot to your Snow Leopard HD in BIOS, and boot to Snow Leopard HD.

9. And Done. with this steps, i have my machine fully working with all function, Audio, Full Acceleration Graphic Card, SpeedStep, and much more.

i hope this GUIDE will help you to install OSX86 to your SandyBrdige PC.

credits to : buoo, flAked and all OS X Users.

EDIT : Updated regaeBootCD

ChangeLog : Fixed (can't find mach_kernel)

VIDEO GUIDE for Lion Install

I looked this morning and unless I'm mistaken the whole thread had been deleted? :)

Yes, deleted by moderator, he told me to erase the fil in mediafire, so I make it private so nobody can't download it,

Im planing to make a new packages,

My mistake

Yes, deleted by moderator, he told me to erase the fil in mediafire, so I make it private so nobody can't download it,

Im planing to make a new packages,

My mistake

I don't understand - why did he tell you to delete it? :(

With any bootCD I use, at the bottom of the screen it says BSD process corresponding to current thread: Unknown, The apple screen fades to black, then it reboots. Any ideas?

try removing some ram - could be a memory related problem.

Hey Regae, Why did this get deleted from the other site that you posted it to?

Wasn't deleted Andy, placed on hold, like Regae said some items used that wasn't supposed to be redistributed and packaged as his own.

I'm gonna post in this topic. I posted in Andy's, too. I have a P8P67 LE and I have SL installed. I do the updated to 10.6.7 and reboot. After the reboot, I have tried using the old Andy boot, new Andy boot 4 and regae boot and none will start up my HDD. With regae boot, I can see the messages. If these will help, I can take a picture of the screen and post it here if needed.

Thanks.

I'm gonna post in this topic. I posted in Andy's, too. I have a P8P67 LE and I have SL installed. I do the updated to 10.6.7 and reboot. After the reboot, I have tried using the old Andy boot, new Andy boot 4 and regae boot and none will start up my HDD. With regae boot, I can see the messages. If these will help, I can take a picture of the screen and post it here if needed.

Thanks.

just post here the SS of ur problem

hi regae, its me, your fella, R4141F :) hehehehehehee, you should tell me about Lion man...hehehehe, thanks for wonderfull guide man, you're the best :)

Hi regea, I am going to change the 3 pieces of my PC (MB, CPU and RAM) and viewing this topic have been impressed by these right here :)

I just have one question for you ... with a processor i7-2600S or i52500T is the same configuration? How can I make sure everything is working properly?

Thanks for your answer

hi regae, its me, your fella, R4141F :) hehehehehehee, you should tell me about Lion man...hehehehe, thanks for wonderfull guide man, you're the best :)

hoalah,,, hahaa

Hi regea, I am going to change the 3 pieces of my PC (MB, CPU and RAM) and viewing this topic have been impressed by these right here smile.gif

I just have one question for you ... with a processor i7-2600S or i52500T is the same configuration? How can I make sure everything is working properly?

Thanks for your answer

it is the same,

what mobo do u want to buy? and what memory?

it is the same,

what mobo do u want to buy? and what memory?

Nice ;)

Mobo: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3 (same as you)

RAM: CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 (Corsair XMS3 — 8GB Dual Channel DDR3)

CPU: i7 2600S or i5 2500T for power consumption optimiziation :P

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I have almost the exact configuration that you have, the only difference is the Graphics card I have a Nvidia GTX 280 1GB DDR3, does this card work with it?

try to search on this forum or google how to enable ur card, follow my guide then

i never use green card, always red card :(

try to search on this forum or google how to enable ur card, follow my guide then

i never use green card, always red card :)

Thanks, I already try to install using your guide but when I insert the snow leopard DVD it shows an error message "kernel doesn't match" or something like that, what can I do? do you have a link or torrent to download the correct retail DVD? the one tha I have is working perfect on any mac computer.