RevoBoot

buoo

290 posts in this topic

Yes I did.

Well, I Think it has to Graphics related. If you have DSDT in /Extra/ACPI along with SSDT's I won't have much else to offer as it looks like you use AMD graphics card.  I use only Nvidia or Intel and am not familiar enough to offer help with AMD.

Is this on your laptop with 10,9DP5?

Made Revoboot so. 

make clean

make MODEL=MacBookPro61 mavericks.

Now, my files look so

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-08-21 at 13.11.16.png

After I saw it

Start booting from USB device
b1f: init

And Apple without revolutionary camomile.

And it is the end. Further, nothing happens

Can you boot from HDD with Chameleon? And do you have FakeSMC in S/L/E??

Yes, I was managed to boot with Chaneleon everyday when I were using it long ago. Now I have Clover on hdd and XPC on USB stick.

All of my kext are pleced on S/L/E. As a matter of principle, it is obvious that There is no problem with FakeSMC as I would see indicator of using of hard disk, in this case.

But I see it gets stuck at very beginning of a booting. It seems that even kernel is not loaded. :(

The only other thing I can suggest is to make SSDT_pr with gen tool. Place in /Extra/ACPI and not use Automatic Gen from MacBookPro61.h? Otherwise I'm running out of ideas. I know I've had no issues with RevoBoot on either my desktop or laptop. And all your settings look correct.. :(

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I made it pretty clear in the details regarding my issue that I generally "know what to do" and could use some insight from others who might also "know what to do", since in this particular case I am not sure how to proceed. Advice as to what to investigate is as good as an answer.

I also had specific questions, including: if I am stuck at the apple graphic instead of seeing verbose kernel output when -v has been verified as registered from boot.plist, should I interpret that to mean my GPU is not being initialized?

I have verified that my DSDT configuration for GPU @ GFX0 works perfectly with iMac19,1 on Clover using no other GPU related configuration, so any suggestion as to what might interfere here would be appreciated. 

Edited by Asher-

Well I am interested in and generally capable of doing so code-wise, but I do not have that much experience yet with boot loaders. I've had no problem diving into the RevoBoot code base and resolving my issues there, but this issue is happening once things are handed off to the mach kernel. I don't know enough about what assumptions I should have in mind there, which is why I was asking here.

And while I am starting to delve through the xnu source, particularly with respect to the Clover wired memory reporting issue mentioned in the Clover forum thread, the code base is rather extensive to simply grok at once. So I was hoping some folks such as you, who clearly know a great deal, might offer some insight.

FWIW I've ordered a USB debug cable, which I'm hoping will allow me to step through the bootloader and see clearly what is going on... Do you and others use some sort of cabled debug setup? If so, what would you recommend?

Edited by Asher-

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2018 at 6:58 AM, Asher- said:

FWIW I've ordered a USB debug cable, which I'm hoping will allow me to step through the bootloader and see clearly what is going on... Do you and others use some sort of cabled debug setup? If so, what would you recommend?

There probably won't be a lot of sample code for a legacy environment and likely it's not worth it for an old, legacy, unmaintained bootloader to work out either. If you still insist, edk2's SourceLevelDebugPkg has code on EHCI debugging. You will need to write a server software too of course, or use an existing one and stick to the protocol.

• Like 1