I could really use some help I've been trying all day but can't get Revoboot to boot my machine stops after boot1: /boot and I never get past that point.
Booted my machine using Chameleon2-1 svn r1897.
Installed Xcode and modified RevStart.commmand as follows otherwise it will say Developer Tools not installed.# Check to see if Apple Developer tools is installedif [ -d "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin" ]; then
Run Revobuilder and chose option 1 to download the source. To be certain that I had the latest source I also forked the Revoboot branch from github.
Deleted all of the files and directories in /blackosx-RevoBuilder-4fb09e3/RevoBoot_SourceCode/RevoBoot-1.3.30 and replaced them with the ones from the git Revoboot fork.
Chose "Build User Config" to allow revobuilder to extract my ACPI Tables.
Edit settings.h to more closely match my i5 2500-k but didn't want to change much. My plan was just to let revoboot use my existings information so that I could at least get a bootable system using revoboot and then start to fix it from there.
Chose option 6 to toggle compile for Lion.
Compile failed the first time and I had to edit the ssdt_pr_generator.h file. There is a line in that file that says "uint8_t ctn =0; and I changed the ctn to cnt.
Compiles successfully after that. At this point I'm feeling pretty good (I'm not a coder so figuring this stuff out is such a fun challenge).
Format a usb stick that i know can be used to boot chameleon (name it REVOBOOTUSB) and choose option 9 Build bootable USB.
This works and I choose verbose and 64 bit and the script finishes.
Now I figure I've got a perfectly good usb stick that is based off my working system (albeit with a bunch of bloat that I want to fix) but a working revoboot none the less.
Restart hit f12 to choose my usb stick and boot but it gets stuck on the boot1: /boot part and never gets past that.
Is it possible that the ChameLion partition I created is mucking up the whole process?
Here is output from diskutil. I've also attached my settings.h file and my DSDT.dsl which has only been modified for my GT430 and to enable HDMI audio. Thanks in advance for the help.
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *64.0 GB disk0
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS SNGChameLion 939.5 MB disk0s2
3: Apple_HFS SNGLion 62.7 GB disk0s3
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *2.0 GB disk1
1: Apple_HFS REVOBOOTUSB 1.9 GB disk1s1
Update: Did a great deal of reading, mostly the ACPI specs and updated my settings.h but still same results. Ditched most of the static table data and instead tried putting my existing DSDT.aml in the ACPI folder. Decided to ditch the Revobuild tool and just compile manually. Forked another branch on github that said it was for Gigabyte z68 motherboards but still the same results. Decided to use a hard drive instead of the usb stick but that didn't help either. Starting to wonder if it has anything to do with the extra ChameLion partition but don't see why that should matter since I have the correct uuid in c.a.B.p. Never had this much trouble getting something to work but that's part of the fun. Tweak, compile, reboot, tweak, compile, reboot. Not gonna give up, gonna get this to work if it's the last thing I do.
Decided to format/reinstall OS X Lion so that I could eliminate the Chameleon Partition sad to say that didn't help. Hopefully some kind passer by will offer a hand, just gonna keep trying different settings until I exhaust all of my capable options.
UPDATE: SUCCESS!!! Well at least I am finally getting past the boot1:/boot part. The solution was to change the compiler to gcc, it was using clang before. So i went to /usr/bin and moved the symbolic link for cc that was pointing to clang and made a new one that points to gcc. Now I'm sure there is an easier way to do this like somewhere in the Makefile or in a Config file but like I said I am no coder.
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 12 Mar 26 20:41 cc -> llvm-gcc-4.2
lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 5 Mar 26 20:41 cc.og -> clang
UPDATE: I am getting closer, with the attached settings.h.zip I can now get to [ PCI configuration begin ] then about 10 seconds later I get a reboot. Probably gonna have to start removing/swapping devices, which I really hate doing but..... I have an Apple Atheros 9280 and my GT 430 and either one of those could be responsible.
I should also mention that I use revobuilder to extract my ACPI tables and such but I don't use it for compiling. I take the relevant data that I think I will need and add it to the GIT RevoBoot so that I am using the latest and greatest version.