RevoBoot

buoo

290 posts in this topic

Hi magnifico10

I have tried to compile the revoboot for you but there is a problem in your data.h

look here:

-MD -dependency-file /Users/Francesco/Desktop/RevoGirl-RevoBoot-283d7fd/obj/i386/libsaio/efi.d
 In file included from ../config/data.h:13,
			   from efi.c:38:
 ../config/efi/data.h:15: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before numeric constant

You should reconvert the chameleon's injection, send me your chameleon-devprop.plist , I'll do it for you :hysterical:

i have only .xml

extracted of new

chameleon_devprop.xml.zip

chameleon_devprop.plist.zip

Good luck

p.s. Per installarlo basta semplicemente copiarlo nella root. Qualche info: Il file com.apple.Boot.plist sito nella cartella /E/E non verrà caricato, inoltre le opzioni del Chameleno che usavi li non avranno più effetto all'avvio.

Se posso consigliarti, aggiungerei -v nel com.apple.boot.plist di sistema, cioè in Libreria/... così da poter controllare se tutto va come dovrebbe.

Prima di installarlo preparati una penna bootabile funzionante ... altrimenti in caso di mancato boot non lo riacchiappi più.

di nuovo .... buona fortuna! :)

magnifico10___boot.zip

Good luck

p.s. Per installarlo basta semplicemente copiarlo nella root. Qualche info: Il file com.apple.Boot.plist sito nella cartella /E/E non verrà caricato, inoltre le opzioni del Chameleno che usavi li non avranno più effetto all'avvio.

Se posso consigliarti, aggiungerei -v nel com.apple.boot.plist di sistema, cioè in Libreria/... così da poter controllare se tutto va come dovrebbe.

Prima di installarlo preparati una penna bootabile funzionante ... altrimenti in caso di mancato boot non lo riacchiappi più.

di nuovo .... buona fortuna! :)

Non è com.apple.boot.plist..ma bensì org.chamaleon.boot.plist e non si trova in E/E ma sono in Extra

Libreria/...che è sto percorso?

Preferences/SystemConfiguration è li che trovo il boot plist ?

Buoo..ascolta non vado a tentativi..rimane da fare ancora la cartella ACPI ...

Ti ringrazio

Non è com.apple.boot.plist..ma bensì org.chamaleon.boot.plist e non si trova in E/E ma sono in Extra

Attendo

I was wrong the right one is /Extra not /Extra/Extensions :)

Revoboot doesn't read com.apple.boot.plist so that org.chameleon.boot.plist , then if you want to boot in verbose mode you need to add -v in the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist

@Edit: Create the folder Extra/ACPI and put the DSDT.aml there.

I was wrong the right one is /Extra not /Extra/Extensions :P

Revoboot doesn't read com.apple.boot.plist so that org.chameleon.boot.plist , then if you want to boot in verbose mode you need to add -v in the /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.boot.plist

Please go to skyp :)

RevoBoot's /i386/config folder should have the following structure:

/config/ACPI/data.h
/config/data.h
/config/EFI/data.h
/config/settings.h
/config/SMBIOS/data.h

The error is reporting you are missing /config/data.h. Check it's there.

The data.h file you've posted is the one from /config/EFI/data.h

You might find more info in RevoGirl's wiki pages at her github repository. Try here.

As a side note here, although I sometimes try to help out in this topic when I have time I am not the all-seeing-eye who knows answers to every question as shown when I previously tried to help anibalin here. It's unfortunate that RevoGirl (aka. DutchHockeyPro) deleted all her original posts from the How to boost the OS X boot process topic as they gave a detailed account in to the why/how/what for starting out with RevoBoot including troubleshooting. You might be able to piece together various conversations from the remaining posts but RevoBoot's code has evolved quite a bit since then. I started experimenting with it here.

@blackosx I appreciated all your help mate :) we will succeed someday im sure :P

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Im trying again with RevoBoot, is booting fine I think, but Im curious about this error:

Converting EFI data to struct
/Volumes/Documentos/blackosx-RevoBuilder-1030/RevStart/Scripts/DoPrivateDataStructs.sh: line 74:  3420 Segmentation fault: 11  "${toolsDir}"/efidp2struct > "${structDir}"/EFI.txt

Im using the last RevoBuilder version and the last RevoBoot version downloaded directly from RevoBuilder.

EDIT:

Never mind, I deleted and I started from scratch and now works fine, and much better, Im using now the generic SSDT from RevoBoot site (RevoBoot Tiny SSDT Example).

I enable in settings.h only:

#define STATIC_SSDT_TABLE_INJECTION 1

EDIT Part 2:

I did a youtube video with my Hackintosh booting Revoboot in a Crucial m4 SSD, blazing fast! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, vultu !

Can you post more detail about using 'RevoBoot Tiny SSDT Example' ? I am using boot compiled with RevoBuilder now. Everything works fine except FaceTime.I am trying to use 'RevoBoot Tiny SSDT Example', but I cannot compile with that. Thank you !!

I am interested in using RevoBoot for my i7-2600, Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z, and ATI HD 5450. I am new to all this, so I don't really know where to start. I can get 10.6.3 to boot on my config...using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and the retail DVD. Can someone assist in a quick step guide? From that point...I have tried the combo update to 10.6.8. I am having very little luck with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to get video to work. I read dgsga's post on getting Lion to work on his similar config...but I don't know what bootloader to use or how to leverage RevoBoot after compiling it. I understand compiling very well, but I have no idea what to do after that. I appreciate any help I can get just to get it up and running.

• 4 weeks later...

Im trying revoboot myshelf too but i can't get it to boot..i dont even have a screen msg i get instant reboots.

I have tried so many different options but still nothing. :)

Solved..Had to enter static cpu data but it leads to KP.

If i don't use static cpu data i get a reboot after this.

1-1.jpg

I have a couple of questions about revoboot...

1)Do i have to use an already patched DSDT or a stock one?

2)Do i need a CPU scope in my DSDT?

3)Why do i need static cpu data to boot with revoboot?

Hi,

Just started playing around with Revoboot (latest available version) and successfully compiled it to Lion 64bit onto a USB key.

Problem is when I try to boot from the usb key I get an immediate kernal panic with Apple Intel Cpu Powermanagement causing the fault.

Weirder is that when I reboot back into my Lion system using my Chameleon svn 1700 I get another KP where I didn't have one before.

And even weirder is that hitting down the reset button shut down the system and turned it back on. Only after doing a cold shut down

was it able to boot back into Lion. Note that I have my system bios patched to allow AppleIntelCPUManagement kext to run in its

most virgin state. Can someone shed some light on what to do?

Thank you.

Just started playing around with Revoboot (latest available version) and successfully compiled it to Lion 64bit onto a USB key.

Problem is when I try to boot from the usb key I get an immediate kernal panic with Apple Intel Cpu Powermanagement causing the fault.

Weirder is that when I reboot back into my Lion system using my Chameleon svn 1700 I get another KP where I didn't have one before.

And even weirder is that hitting down the reset button shut down the system and turned it back on. Only after doing a cold shut down

was it able to boot back into Lion. Note that I have my system bios patched to allow AppleIntelCPUManagement kext to run in its

most virgin state. Can someone shed some light on what to do?

Yeah, you need to apply SpeedStepper (http://www.insanelym...pic=258611&st=0) on AppleIntelCPUManagement even if you have the BIOS patched, I have this problem too.

Remember to recreate the cache with command:

touch /System/Library/Extensions;kextcache -system-caches;kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

• 4 weeks later...

Im trying revoboot myshelf too but i can't get it to boot..i dont even have a screen msg i get instant reboots.

I have tried so many different options but still nothing. :(

Solved..Had to enter static cpu data but it leads to KP.

If i don't use static cpu data i get a reboot after this.

1-1.jpg

I have a couple of questions about revoboot...

1)Do i have to use an already patched DSDT or a stock one?

2)Do i need a CPU scope in my DSDT?

3)Why do i need static cpu data to boot with revoboot?

Did you ever manage to fix this?

I'm having the same issue, reboots itself right after those lines perhaps a few seconds later.

Its been a while since you posted that, not sure if the devs are still around on this project :s

• 2 months later...

I could really use some help I've been trying all day but can't get Revoboot to boot my machine stops after boot1: /boot and I never get past that point.

post-515670-0-55724900-1332807138_thumb.jpg

Booted my machine using Chameleon2-1 svn r1897.

Installed Xcode and modified RevStart.commmand as follows otherwise it will say Developer Tools not installed.

# Check to see if Apple Developer tools is installed

if [ -d "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin" ]; then

Run Revobuilder and chose option 1 to download the source. To be certain that I had the latest source I also forked the Revoboot branch from github.

Deleted all of the files and directories in /blackosx-RevoBuilder-4fb09e3/RevoBoot_SourceCode/RevoBoot-1.3.30 and replaced them with the ones from the git Revoboot fork.

Chose "Build User Config" to allow revobuilder to extract my ACPI Tables.

Edit settings.h to more closely match my i5 2500-k but didn't want to change much. My plan was just to let revoboot use my existings information so that I could at least get a bootable system using revoboot and then start to fix it from there.

Chose option 6 to toggle compile for Lion.

Compile failed the first time and I had to edit the ssdt_pr_generator.h file. There is a line in that file that says "uint8_t ctn =0; and I changed the ctn to cnt.

Compiles successfully after that. At this point I'm feeling pretty good (I'm not a coder so figuring this stuff out is such a fun challenge).

Format a usb stick that i know can be used to boot chameleon (name it REVOBOOTUSB) and choose option 9 Build bootable USB.

This works and I choose verbose and 64 bit and the script finishes.

Now I figure I've got a perfectly good usb stick that is based off my working system (albeit with a bunch of bloat that I want to fix) but a working revoboot none the less.

Restart hit f12 to choose my usb stick and boot but it gets stuck on the boot1: /boot part and never gets past that.

Is it possible that the ChameLion partition I created is mucking up the whole process?

Here is output from diskutil. I've also attached my settings.h file and my DSDT.dsl which has only been modified for my GT430 and to enable HDMI audio. Thanks in advance for the help.

/dev/disk0
  #:					   TYPE NAME					SIZE	   IDENTIFIER
  0:	  GUID_partition_scheme						*64.0 GB	disk0
  1:						EFI						 209.7 MB   disk0s1
  2:				  Apple_HFS SNGChameLion			939.5 MB   disk0s2
  3:				  Apple_HFS SNGLion				 62.7 GB	disk0s3
/dev/disk1
  #:					   TYPE NAME					SIZE	   IDENTIFIER
  0:	  GUID_partition_scheme						*2.0 GB	 disk1
  1:				  Apple_HFS REVOBOOTUSB			 1.9 GB	 disk1s1

Update: Did a great deal of reading, mostly the ACPI specs and updated my settings.h but still same results. Ditched most of the static table data and instead tried putting my existing DSDT.aml in the ACPI folder. Decided to ditch the Revobuild tool and just compile manually. Forked another branch on github that said it was for Gigabyte z68 motherboards but still the same results. Decided to use a hard drive instead of the usb stick but that didn't help either. Starting to wonder if it has anything to do with the extra ChameLion partition but don't see why that should matter since I have the correct uuid in c.a.B.p. Never had this much trouble getting something to work but that's part of the fun. Tweak, compile, reboot, tweak, compile, reboot. Not gonna give up, gonna get this to work if it's the last thing I do.

Decided to format/reinstall OS X Lion so that I could eliminate the Chameleon Partition sad to say that didn't help. Hopefully some kind passer by will offer a hand, just gonna keep trying different settings until I exhaust all of my capable options.

UPDATE: SUCCESS!!! Well at least I am finally getting past the boot1:/boot part. The solution was to change the compiler to gcc, it was using clang before. So i went to /usr/bin and moved the symbolic link for cc that was pointing to clang and made a new one that points to gcc. Now I'm sure there is an easier way to do this like somewhere in the Makefile or in a Config file but like I said I am no coder.

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 12 Mar 26 20:41 cc -> llvm-gcc-4.2

lrwxr-xr-x 1 root wheel 5 Mar 26 20:41 cc.og -> clang

UPDATE: I am getting closer, with the attached settings.h.zip I can now get to [ PCI configuration begin ] then about 10 seconds later I get a reboot. Probably gonna have to start removing/swapping devices, which I really hate doing but..... I have an Apple Atheros 9280 and my GT 430 and either one of those could be responsible.

I should also mention that I use revobuilder to extract my ACPI tables and such but I don't use it for compiling. I take the relevant data that I think I will need and add it to the GIT RevoBoot so that I am using the latest and greatest version.

DSDT-settings.zip

settings.h.zip

Is there a link to where different settings.h have been uploaded for different systems? Right now I am going back and forth from the very latest chameleon and chimera and would like to see exactly how I could benefit from revoboot.

I have an Asus Laptop G74SX which runs extremely cool under the heaviest loads and a great graphics card GTX560M.

Will I see an increase in any CPU/Graphics performance by using revoboot? My system boots rather quickly so I don't feel I may bebefit from any faster boot process.

• 1 month later...

When using RevStart it hangs on "Extracting all ACPI .aml tables" indefinitely.

I have a 16-core (2xe5-2687w), so perhaps this is understandable. Do I need to start with a manual configuration in order to try out RevoBoot? Will RevoBoot work with the latest Sandy Bridge-EP processors?

• 3 weeks later...

For testing /Extra/ACPI/. When:

#define LOAD_SSDT_TABLE_FROM_EXTRA_ACPI   1 // Set to 1 by default. Use 0 only after you've converted your SSDT into
    // STATIC_SSDT_TABLE_INJECTION in: RevoBoot/i386/config/ACPI/data.h
    // or when you don't want/need to load /Extra/ACPI/SSDT.aml
    //
    // Note: Don't forget to set PATCH_ACPI_TABLE_DATA to 1.

Did you ever manage to fix this?

I'm having the same issue, reboots itself right after those lines perhaps a few seconds later.

Its been a while since you posted that, not sure if the devs are still around on this project :s

nah im not using revoboot anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, all.

I have some problem, i installed RevoBoot to my usb stick, and try booting, i set in config debug mode.

After passing all tests, i see Apple logo, and my PC rebooting, i trying to put my DSDT and SSDT to Extra Folder, but, this don't helping me :(

How to boot it? Or only need to install in to my hard disk?