[GUIDE] A fast and easy way to install Lion

tseug

607 posts in this topic

Thank you for the best and easiest script ever!

It used to take me days and nights to install snow leopard properly. With this script took me 35 minutes including time to create the USB Boot! I used my dsdt.aml and my old kexts for extra folder. Sound works, Sleep woks. System very responsive as compared to SL.

GA-35-DS3L

GeForce 9400GT.

Lion 10.7 GM

Thank you for the best and easiest script ever!

It used to take me days and nights to install snow leopard properly. With this script took me 35 minutes including time to create the USB Boot! I used my dsdt.aml and my old kexts for extra folder. Sound works, Sleep woks. System very responsive as compared to SL.

GA-35-DS3L

GeForce 9400GT.

Lion 10.7 GM

In the moment Is the very best method for installation OS X Lion

tseug for president!!!! :D

hi dudes,

it seems I can't go further than the USB installation under Leopard :

"Attaching OS X Lion...

hdiutil: attach failed - Fichier ou répertoire inexistant"

with the command lines :

sudo /Users/gregory/Desktop/mkboot /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Install\ Mac\ OS\ X\ Lion.app /Volumes/USB

help needed, thanks

hi dudes,

it seems I can't go further than the USB installation under Leopard :

"Attaching OS X Lion...

hdiutil: attach failed - Fichier ou répertoire inexistant"

with the command lines :

sudo /Users/gregory/Desktop/mkboot /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Install\ Mac\ OS\ X\ Lion.app /Volumes/USB

help needed, thanks

Don't mount InstallESD.dmg. The parameter should be the app that contains InstallESD.

I have an asus board p8h67m-le and your scripts allowed me to install Lion. I spoke to soon allowed me to install but not boot up stuck at IT87x: {warning} found unsupported chip ID=0x8771

Thanks alot.

The parameter should be the app that contains InstallESD ?

I've got the lion.dmg only ... what can i do instead of mounting it ?

The mkboot script would be fairly easy to modify. Another option would be to wait for the general release where it should make sense what I was talking about :)

Yet another option would be to do the install manually: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

I have an asus board p8h67m-le and your scripts allowed me to install Lion. I spoke to soon allowed me to install but not boot up stuck at IT87x: {warning} found unsupported chip ID=0x8771

Thanks alot.

I don't know what that means. Maybe the forum has an answer

Thank you so much! I have a Gigabyte P35-DS4 and this tutorial was perfect. Everything working nice and smooth! Keep the good work mate!

Thank you again! :thumbsup_anim:

I try to Copy information to USB Boot (GUID, Formated) whit the script. I type cd Desktop and sudo install/mkboot Instalar\ Mac\ OS\ X\ Lion.app /Volumes/USB\ Boot/

It Says this:

Instalar Mac OS X Lion.app: No such file

Usage: mkboot <Lion install app> <Target volume>

I try to rename file: installESD.dmg, OS X Lion DP 4.dmg (and change the name in the script). No results!!

Install folder is in desktop and the DMG (and APP).

What I do wrong?!

In Desktop:

install folder

installESD.dmg (or Instalar MAC OS X.app I try both in the script and no results!).

Wolf-Mac he seguido tu guia, pero me quedo ahí.

A Question: may I do a fresh install in a new hard disk? I have a SSD with 10.6.8 but i have no free space to put another partition. If I delete SSD with Snow Leopard.....NO Lion Instalation?

Thanks

@shealok

Coloca la app en el escritorio y la carpeta descomprimida install, pero no les cambies el nombre, dejalos como están, aunque este en español funciona.

fFWA5.png

Luego te colocas en el escritorio pega la orden en la terminal, va todo en inglés...

En la terminal:

cd Desktop

Y luego

sudo install/mkboot Install\ Mac\ OS\ X\ Lion.app /Volumes/USB\ Boot/

Respecto a instalar Lion en un disco duro nuevo, no hay problema, así lo he hecho yo...

Tengo a Snow en un disco y en otro distinto a Lion

Finally installed the Lion GM!

Use all the method from the TS.

but I got PCI Configuration Begin stuck for no reason.

Reinstall Lion GM. and the PCI Configuration Begin goes away... I have no idea why.

Beside than, Now Everything i turn on my Hackintosh, it will Hfs read all the kext. so i took about 1 minute to boot a SSD into Mac.

I am wondering how to disable the mac from reading all kext?

Three Cheers...

Hats off to TSEUG for making the guide given on Page 1. I can imagine what level of expertise is needed to make that one...

I could upgrade to LION GM on my Sony VAIO only because of this guide.. Many Thanks !!!

Finally installed the Lion GM!

Beside than, Now Everything i turn on my Hackintosh, it will Hfs read all the kext. so i took about 1 minute to boot a SSD into Mac.

I am wondering how to disable the mac from reading all kext?

I also had this little problem but the solution is here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259801

I have to do this each time I install or remove a kext.

It's not serious, but perhaps tseug know a final solution for this

Good Job. Great Job!!

Take it a step further and re-image the ESD with the generated BaseSystem from USB and it will FIT on DVD.

Take it even a step further

IF you include the /S/L/E from BaseSystem in ESD then you can also make BOOTABLE DVD!!

Now to try THAT out.

Hi STLVNUB,

Im trying this right now

what I dont know is what format I should use to burn it.

The Image I made is Guid and im not sure if that will work that way.

Im not sure if Chameleon needs to see Guid or if we have to use mkboot instead.

Toast gave me the message: cant access .file.

Im here since the early days of this forum,

but things have changed a lot and Im not up to date at all as well as out of practice =)

Thanks

LeMoN

I've managed to install lion, but can't really finish the process... when i try to do /finalize script terminal gives me back this error:

GetMasterBlock: Error 13 opening /dev/rdisk2s2

mount_hfs: Operation not permitted

any clues? ty

Edit:I'm sooooo ashamed that i fall to a newbie mistake! you can add sudo command before "./finalize" in part for beginers ;)

all worked well after using sudo ;)

ty for awsome work Tseug

I always get this error:

Attaching OS X Lion...

hdiutil: attach failed - no such file or directory

for everyone getting this error, you likely dont have InstallESD.dmg in your Lion image. comment out that line from the script and in your install folder, create a symlink called lioninst to whereever BaseSystem.dmg is

Hi everyone,

i managed to install Lion on my notebook easily with this script, THANKS to the developer. I will try and fiddle a little bit with my own kexts and stuff added to the installer ;) Thanks again,

Cheers