Snow Leopard on HP Pavilion dm4-1265dx

3 posts in this topic

Hello

I have an HP dm4-1265dx. I have been unsuccessful in finding any helpful information with my installation because, well, I can't find matching texts on my hardware. I know for a fact that I have an Intel i5 running at (I think I'm saying this right) 460? As for networking, my computer, on Windows 7, has multiple brand names from Intel, Realtek, Atheros? and something else.

I'm not sure if I'm using the correct install methods or disks: a friend showed me something called iatkos v1? as well as SnoLeo? I created the disks and was able to boot from them both using cpus=1 and busratio=17, 19, or 20. Once running from the disk a Mac-like interface appears, I create what I believe to be the proper partition type using Disk Utility and then choose the "drivers" that the program offers.

I'm not 100% on if I'm choosing the right options because, as I said before, I can't find the proper information that would match what's given to me on the disk. Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place? Perhaps it isn't supported at all (likely)?

At any rate, I know the things that people can do with computers and I know, in one way or another, that this is possible. There are people that can do amazing things and I have hope for this little project of mine.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

BUMP. I have the same computer and tun iAtkos. To run it i enter cpus=1 busratio=20 and arch=i386. When Iget into installing I don't know what drivers to pick. Has anyone found a way to get osx on this comp. After installation I just get a crash no errors or anything. The computer Crashes when it trys to boot into osx

• 2 months later...