Kenel did not update - USB is broken

3 posts in this topic

I have been working on getting my laptop to run OS X. I is working out mostly,as I am now typing this from my OS X install. The Wireless card I don't believe I'll be able to get to work, so if everything else work out, I'll probably buy a supported USB Wireless LAN adapter. I am currently running in native resolution thanks to RadeonHD, abd though I haven't seen anyone who has tried it on my card series, I have decent faith in the new Radeon Mobility hack also working on my card.

In the process of getting this all running, I updated my OS X version from 10.6.3 to 10.6.7. Since I did that, though, my usb support has dissappeared. AppleIOUSFamily.kext no longer loads on account of unresolved symbols. My research has led me to believe the problem is that I am running the 10.0.0 kernel, while my System.kext is expecting 10.7.0.

How would I go about fixing my USB support here?

It has nothing to do with your Kernel version.

You have to download an older version of IOUSBFamily.

Search Kexts.com OR download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], It's one of the installer options.

Also, after that search google for Legacy Kernel 10.7.0 (if your on a non-Core CPU) or get the Vanilla Kernel 10.7.0 from Kexts.com (Core series CPU required).

It has nothing to do with your Kernel version.

You have to download an older version of IOUSBFamily.

Search Kexts.com OR download [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], It's one of the installer options.

Thanks for your help! I'll look into this as soon as I can find some time.

Also, after that search google for Legacy Kernel 10.7.0 (if your on a non-Core CPU) or get the Vanilla Kernel 10.7.0 from Kexts.com (Core series CPU required).

I'm on a Core2Duo, so I feel I should be using the vanilla kernel. However, I haven't been able to find it despite my efforts. Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?