Anyone installed DP4?

athena

79 posts in this topic

Step 6 causes me problems, if I partition to GPT and try and boot the installer it locks up. Gigabyte Ex58a-UD7, not sure how you booted GPT on USB with a gigabyte board..as this locks up the from bios.

You're right.

Partition the USB drive as MBR, not GUID. The Gigabyte BIOS doesn't recognizes GUID partitions at boot and always locks up.

MAJ

here's my modded osinstall.mpkg from DP4. installation works fine with a gigabyte ex58-ud4p. all is working except my 8800gts 320mb ;)

try GraphicsEnabler Yes and delete all GF7xxx and NVDAResman7xxx kexts in S/L/E, that worked for my 8800gtx.

Arghhhh!!!! This is so frustrating, you've used the method that I used and it works for you and not for me. It stops at the same point every time when booting off the usb, screenshot included.

post-229344-1307537398_thumb.jpg

It goes through all the loading kext stuff and then just hangs at the above point.

Can anyone explain why this isn't working as I'm really losing the will to live here, lol!

booting fine for me but i get that nasty "cannot be installed on this machine" window :-s

I'm getting the same problem. I'm running a MB, 2ghz C2D, 8gb ram, running 10.6.8. I get through the initial part of the install.. after reset I get 2 minutes into the actual install and I get the same error... over and over again.

I'm getting the same problem. I'm running a MB, 2ghz C2D, 8gb ram, running 10.6.8. I get through the initial part of the install.. after reset I get 2 minutes into the actual install and I get the same error... over and over again.

I can't even get to that bit! Use the OSInstall.mpkg linked earlier and replace the item on the USB: System/Installation/Packages

I just downloaded the DP4.. inside the 3.4G .dmg there is no Basesystem.dmg there... (there is one in DP2)

I just downloaded the DP4.. inside the 3.4G .dmg there is no Basesystem.dmg there... (there is one in DP2)

you could use these Terminal commands for show and hide files in Mac Os X.

Show:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

Hide:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
killall Finder

Or you could use this nice app.

ShowHiddenFiles.zip

ah yes, didn't try that. will give it shot thanks :)

EDIT: no luck ;)

Did only try that on DP 3, I'm at work atm, will check when I'm home and see if I can find a solution.

Did only try that on DP 3, I'm at work atm, will check when I'm home and see if I can find a solution.

oh that'd be nice.

also tried nvenabler and when booting with -v i see it recognized the card correctly but the systems seems to ignore it.

gfxinfo shows 3MB vram ;)

Well, its installing now, the errors seemed to be linked to doing the process from within Lion DP3. i reinstalled SL and am installing now, I'll update on my progress.

By the way, I can't post from my iPad but I can from the iPhone.

oh that'd be nice.

also tried nvenabler and when booting with -v i see it recognized the card correctly but the systems seems to ignore it.

gfxinfo shows 3MB vram :P

Maybe you can find a solution here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256103 , no 8800gts mentioned there yet, but other 8xxx cards, one solution could possibly work for you.

Lion DP4 Working for me...

Had Problems with my graphics card (8800GTS)

Solution that worked for me: Used Chameleon RC5 r982.

Added GraphicsEnabler key to boot.plist

Now getting full resolution 1680 x 1050

Only thing thats not working for me is Sleep..

Asus P5WDH Deluxe

I have successful results. It boots from USB, all I had to do is replace all the ATI kexts from Base System with older ones from DP3. No more white background with beach ball.

Let's see what happens.

Here is a little guide on how I got it working:

1. Get the dmg from the usual sources.

2. Mount the dmg

3. Show all hidden files in Finder (this can be done with an app, search on google "show files" or here on insanelymac)

4. Mount BaseSystem

5. Go to Disk Utility

6. Partition your 8 gb USB drive with GPT partition table, one partition

7. Restore BaseSystem.dmg on your USB drive

8. Copy mach_kernel from Lion DMG to root of USB

9. Copy from the parent dmg the Packages folder over USB drive /System/Installation/ (you should delete the alias/shortcut there)

10. Install to your USB drive Chameleon, your working Extra folder and dsdt.aml file

12. Install FakeSMC in USB drive /System/Library/Extensions (using Kext Wizard)

13. Reboot and Install wait for the installer to finish

14. Boot in Snow Leopard and install Chameleon, the Extra folder and dsdt.aml to your Lion partition

15. Boot in Lion and enjoy.

I was inspired by this method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

and credits go to MaLd0n

Please note that I used a spare hard drive partitioned with GPT.

The sistem works except there are some glitches when going to GUI, there are sound issues with ALC889a and sleep does not work at all and also resets CMOS.

Otherwise the system feels more solid and it is more polished.

With this build Apple droped the intro video, they also droped the legacy wallpapers.

Hope you will find this usefull,

Cheers

This one worked for me on my GA P55M UD2 with ati5770 card, have everything except sound and sleep at this point, will dig more to get that working too.

EDIT: EVERYTHING is working!, sound, and sleep (not tested alot thou)

Hi folks,

I try to install dp4 or dp3.

I can boot on my usb stick but after select language installation it only allows me to restore via timemachine. I can't make a fresh install.

If someone can help me.

Hey,

Got DP4 running on a Dell Latitude D430 using clone method (install on a mbp, then use superduper to clone to a dmg, then on the D430 running SL, clone to the Lion partition, use EDP from www.osxlatitude.com and wolla)

However.. i have one problem.

My screen is really dark, even when i turn up brightness to 100% its still very dark.. seeing that it turns down brightness durring boot straith after loading fakesmc.. so i guess its some new power function??!

Anyone else have that problem or know of a solution ?

This one worked for me on my GA P55M UD2 with ati5770 card, have everything except sound and sleep at this point, will dig more to get that working too.

EDIT: EVERYTHING is working!, sound, and sleep (not tested alot thou)

Same here with GA P55M UD2 with Nvidia GTS 250.

Please, can you tell me if you have a CMOS reset after sleep? I solved it with other post we created in the Post Installation section of the forum.

Thanks.

Lion DP4 Working for me...

Had Problems with my graphics card (8800GTS)

Solution that worked for me: Used Chameleon RC5 r982.

Added GraphicsEnabler key to boot.plist

Now getting full resolution 1680 x 1050

tried 982, still no luck. maybe it's the 320mb :blink:

Same here with GA P55M UD2 with Nvidia GTS 250.

Please, can you tell me if you have a CMOS reset after sleep? I solved it with other post we created in the Post Installation section of the forum.

Thanks.

what post exactly? the AppleRTC.kext with a perl script?

tried 982, still no luck. maybe it's the 320mb :blink:

Did you edit you Boot.plist ?

Sleep now working.. Added custom DSDT file using DSDT Auto patcher and removed NullCPUManagement.kext from Extra folder.