• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Javimdq

Javimdq

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Step 6 causes me problems, if I partition to GPT and try and boot the installer it locks up. Gigabyte Ex58a-UD7, not sure how you booted GPT on USB with a gigabyte board..as this locks up the from bios.

Same issue here. Will try other options as soon as possible.

Theta

Theta

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

I just downloaded the DP4.. inside the 3.4G .dmg there is no Basesystem.dmg there... (there is one in DP2)

Make sure you're showing all hidden system files.

From terminal, type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

To turn it off again, just type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
killall Finder

If that doesn't work and its definitely not on the root of the master DMG, the upload made be incomplete. The one I grabbed had it so at least some of them do.

allenwkk

allenwkk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Make sure you're showing all hidden system files.

From terminal, type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
killall Finder

To turn it off again, just type:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE
killall Finder

If that doesn't work and its definitely not on the root of the master DMG, the upload made be incomplete. The one I grabbed had it so at least some of them do.

yes. I found it .. many thanks

Vlada.

Vlada.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Installed DP4 from scratch with no problem at all...

Just made repacking on the same way I did for DP2:

Restored hidden Mac OS X Base System file on thumb drive, and after that copy/paste mach_kernel, boot.efi and kernelcache in to root, and Packages folder inside System/installation...

Copy Extra folder in root, and that's it...

It’s simple as that...

Post installation consider in my case restoring my Extra folder in root of Lion partition from Snow Leopard and installing AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E…

Motawa

Motawa

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Installation worked fine with me. Only problem- i can't pass the User account screen. I get till i have to enter my password and my username. THen it stats over from "welcome" again.

help anyone?

pippox0

pippox0

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
Hi, I installed OS X Lion DP4 on Optiplex 760
I follow the Mald0n guide and i add OSinstall.mpkg patched from Nawcom for MBR install

i use only these kexts:
fakesmc.kext
nullCPUPowermanagenent.kext
EliotForceLegacyRTC.kext -> this one to avoid CMOS reset

network : intel100e.kext patched for working with intel 825667
audio: VoodoHDA.kext
video : it works at 1280x1024 no kext QE/CI enable ( on DP2,3 no QE/CI) Intel GMA 4500

Best Regards

PippoX0

digital_dreamer

digital_dreamer

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Step 6 causes me problems, if I partition to GPT and try and boot the installer it locks up. Gigabyte Ex58a-UD7, not sure how you booted GPT on USB with a gigabyte board..as this locks up the from bios.

You're right.
Partition the USB drive as MBR, not GUID. The Gigabyte BIOS doesn't recognizes GUID partitions at boot and always locks up.

MAJ

Motawa

Motawa

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Is it possible to repair permissions for my DP4 Partition from/trough my DP3 partition?

v7kF4U2HTd

v7kF4U2HTd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
here's my modded osinstall.mpkg from DP4. installation works fine with a gigabyte ex58-ud4p. all is working except my 8800gts 320mb ;)

Attached Files

-aKy-

-aKy-

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

here's my modded osinstall.mpkg from DP4. installation works fine with a gigabyte ex58-ud4p. all is working except my 8800gts 320mb ;)

try GraphicsEnabler Yes and delete all GF7xxx and NVDAResman7xxx kexts in S/L/E, that worked for my 8800gtx.

athena

athena

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Arghhhh!!!! This is so frustrating, you've used the method that I used and it works for you and not for me. It stops at the same point every time when booting off the usb, screenshot included.

Attached File  IMG_0028.JPG   1.9MB   78 downloads

It goes through all the loading kext stuff and then just hangs at the above point.
Can anyone explain why this isn't working as I'm really losing the will to live here, lol!

CharlieSheen

CharlieSheen

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Ball

use OSInstall.mpkg from http://www.insanelym...howtopic=256729 , should work, at least it did for me (DP 3 atm, still downloading DP 4)

http://blog.nawcom.com/?p=751

Try the OSInstall.mpkg that one instead, it was made just for DP4 supposedly.

athena

athena

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Install USB (MBR can't boot GPT) will boot to the point it says repeatedly:

couldn't find symbol _perf_monitor_register_11

Not sure what else to do. ;)

MacVertigo

MacVertigo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

booting fine for me but i get that nasty "cannot be installed on this machine" window :-s

I'm getting the same problem. I'm running a MB, 2ghz C2D, 8gb ram, running 10.6.8. I get through the initial part of the install.. after reset I get 2 minutes into the actual install and I get the same error... over and over again.

athena

athena

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

I'm getting the same problem. I'm running a MB, 2ghz C2D, 8gb ram, running 10.6.8. I get through the initial part of the install.. after reset I get 2 minutes into the actual install and I get the same error... over and over again.

I can't even get to that bit! Use the OSInstall.mpkg linked earlier and replace the item on the USB: System/Installation/Packages

r0ck3r4ever

r0ck3r4ever

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

I just downloaded the DP4.. inside the 3.4G .dmg there is no Basesystem.dmg there... (there is one in DP2)

you could use these Terminal commands for show and hide files in Mac Os X.

Show:defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUEkillall FinderHide:defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSEkillall Finder

Or you could use this nice app.

Attached Files

v7kF4U2HTd

v7kF4U2HTd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

try GraphicsEnabler Yes and delete all GF7xxx and NVDAResman7xxx kexts in S/L/E, that worked for my 8800gtx.

ah yes, didn't try that. will give it shot thanks :)

EDIT: no luck ;)

-aKy-

-aKy-

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

ah yes, didn't try that. will give it shot thanks :)

EDIT: no luck ;)

Did only try that on DP 3, I'm at work atm, will check when I'm home and see if I can find a solution.

Motawa

Motawa

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
The problem is. i need to use kextutility on dp4(to get my gfx work). is it possible do use kextutilty or rebuild/cache/kext/whatsoever from another mac installation?

v7kF4U2HTd

v7kF4U2HTd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Did only try that on DP 3, I'm at work atm, will check when I'm home and see if I can find a solution.

oh that'd be nice.
also tried nvenabler and when booting with -v i see it recognized the card correctly but the systems seems to ignore it.
gfxinfo shows 3MB vram ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy