SpeedStepper (now supports Mountain Lion 10.8.3)

flAked

574 posts in this topic

Added the correct info to my dsdt:.........

Im not an expert in DSDT editing but your device (SBUS) has 2 Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) remove the one with the wrong address.

Another thing is that you should use SSDT.aml for your cpu found here http://www.insanelym...owtopic=259090.

and place it in your extra folder as DSDT.aml

Finaly use these settings better with the latest chameleon (use champlist for easy install)

<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Wait</key>
<string>No</string
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Backup before you try anything..And Good luck

OK, looking good ~!

Running 10.7.2 on Gateway NV57U (set as MacBook Pro 8,1) with Core i5 2410M 2.3GHz. Just a slightly doctored DSDT (no SSDT mods at all).

I'm simply using Chimera v1.6 w/ GenerateCStates=Yes and GeneratePStates=Yes and I get ...

Dec 5 16:14:53 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

Dec 5 16:14:53 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 10 12 14 17 18 23

Dec 5 16:14:53 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(23)

Dec 5 16:14:53 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 10 12 14 17 18 23

Dec 5 16:14:54 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(18)

Dec 5 16:14:54 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 10 12 14 17 18 23

Dec 5 16:14:54 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(18)

Dec 5 16:14:54 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 10 12 14 17 18 23

Dec 5 16:14:55 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(18)

Dec 5 16:14:55 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 10 12 14 17 18 23

Dec 5 16:14:55 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

Dec 5 16:14:55 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 10 12 14 17 18 23

Dec 5 16:14:56 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

Dec 5 16:14:56 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 10 12 14 17 18 23

Dec 5 16:14:56 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(8)

Dec 5 16:14:56 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 10 12 14 17 18 23

Dec 5 16:14:57 haxmax48 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(18)

Sleep is working as well :)

Very nice and easy.

Only I'm not so crazy about these sort of hacks cuz' as soon as we do an Apple Software Update and download a new AICPUPM.kext, it's KP time again. Anybody out there have a nice recipe or at least a few pointers on bin modding the system BIOS. This seems the better long term solution as BIOS upgrades are not nearly as important or prevalent as OS updates. Particularly for a notebook computer.

Anyway, nice work !

Im not an expert in DSDT editing but your device (SBUS) has 2 Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) remove the one with the wrong address.

Another thing is that you should use SSDT.aml for your cpu found here http://www.insanelym...owtopic=259090.

and place it in your extra folder as DSDT.aml

Finaly use these settings better with the latest chameleon (use champlist for easy install)

<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1200x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Wait</key>
<string>No</string
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Backup before you try anything..And Good luck

Thanks for the tips mate. Fixed the dsdt line, compiled ok and used the ssdt revoboot made for me (autogenerated one) but sadly same happens. I have found that by using macbookpro 8,2 drops me more p states than imac12,1. So its a winner.

Still unclear why I have the c evaluation failed.

AppleLPC & AppleSMBUS loads ok.

21juj2e.png

Are P-States C-States Working?

Even the system is stressed the results are the same! :( 9 9 9)

I have system from signature with no use of DSDT!

Enabled All correct functions on the BIOS. Speedstep, S3, C2,C3,C4

MacPro 5,1 SMBIOS

Bootloader: Chameleon 2.1 RC5

Thanks in advance!

EDIT2: Anyone have a proper DSDT for Gigabyte EP45T-DS3R? BIOS F4C CPU Intel Core2Duo E8400?

Sleep also doesen't work, it gets sleep but fans and mouse/keyboard remain powered on!

These are my temps, can confirm speedstep, c-states, p-states, workin'?

9jp01d.png

Any help 'll be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I guess I've posted in the correct section!

Problem solved with proper DSDT: Sleep works now, speedstep also:

2dw9h1h.png

Thanks InsanelyMac!

Thanks for the tips mate. Fixed the dsdt line, compiled ok and used the ssdt revoboot made for me (autogenerated one) but sadly same happens. I have found that by using macbookpro 8,2 drops me more p states than imac12,1. So its a winner.

Still unclear why I have the c evaluation failed.

AppleLPC & AppleSMBUS loads ok.

Try using again imac12,2 with the attached files and let me know if it works any better.

Archive.zip

Thanks DJ,

I get this nasty error:

I dont mind using macbookpro in smbios though. Is the C evaluation failed that has me scratching my head.

Use my SSDT.aml with the provided IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext..i patched the imac12,2 stepper with the macbookpro8.3 stepper..That's why you should use imac12,2..the SSDT is for i7 2600k, i guess thats your cpu right?

By the way don't forget to use chameleon cause chimera gave me some errors as well..

Here is a patcher for 11d24, only 64bit. I'm currently unable to test this myself, as my Lion setup is refusing to let me use my GTS250 correctly.

Could someone please test it so I can add it to the first post? Thanks.

speed_stepper_lion_1073_11d24.zip

If you can send me the AICPUPM from 10.7.3 i would test it..i can't find a working link to download it..

Thanks DJ,

I get this nasty error:

20111206_114201.jpg

I dont mind using macbookpro in smbios though. Is the C evaluation failed that has me scratching my head.

Try to Remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext from System/Library/Extensions and then use champlist or other app to change your SMBIOS version to another one!

Here is a patcher for 11d24, only 64bit. I'm currently unable to test this myself, as my Lion setup is refusing to let me use my GTS250 correctly.

Could someone please test it so I can add it to the first post? Thanks.

speed_stepper_lion_1073_11d24.zip

patched successfully,

SpeedStepper v1.2 - (c) flAked 2011
for AICPUPM v167.3.0 - Lion 10.7.3 (11D24)

Searching for wrmsr #0: a11a
-> found bytes.
-> patched.

Searching for wrmsr #1: a1e2
-> found bytes.
-> patched.

Searching for wrmsr #2: a260
-> found bytes.
-> patched.

Searching for wrmsr #3: a2a9
-> found bytes.
-> patched.

Searching for wrmsr #4: ab64
-> found bytes.
-> patched.

Searching for wrmsr #5: ac16
-> found bytes.
-> patched.

Searching for wrmsr #6: acf4
-> found bytes.
-> patched.

Searching for wrmsr #7: b340
-> found bytes.
-> patched.

Searching for wrmsr #8: 1170a
-> found bytes.
-> patched.

Searching for wrmsr #9: 117e8
-> found bytes.
-> patched.

All done. Bye 

I'd like to make sure that something works before releasing it officially and I can't test this myself at the moment. Now that I have confirmation I will add it to the first post.

In 11D24 the plists for Macmini5_x were updated in ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin, so you could test if that changes anything, I take it you are still using iMac12?

Note that these plists include multiple stepper program profiles - I haven't investigated how and if they are used. If you look under StepContextDict you'll see three different profiles: Normal, Background and RealTime.

Also note that in 11D24 there are currently no plists present for iMac12!

Maybe those new Macmini5_x plists include new stepper programs that utilize more p-states - up for testing.

I'll be on the road later this week and won't have access to my rig after new year, but I'll work on the patcher if the new update comes out before then.

Hi,

I know I'm a little bit off topic here, but I'm facing a problem that some of you might have already had...

My laptop is a Hp dv6, with i7 2630, 6go of ram, ati 6770m 2go & intel HD3000.

I have managed to install lion 10.7.2 and run speedstepper 1072. I works fine, I am able to boot with AICPUPM and without NullCpuPowerManagement.

The problem is that when I try to enter sleep or hibernation, the computer goes to sleep very well, the power led starts to blink,

but around 1 second after the computer comes back from sleep itself and the screen doesn't turn on until I press a key or a mouse click.

It isthe same behavior whether I close the lid or I click sleep/hibernate I the option menu.

Anybody knows what could be the problem, or where could that come from ?

thanks in advance !

PS: I've also tried pmset -a hibernatemode 0 and it doesn't change anything at all.

I have HP ProBook 4530s with Core i5-2430m, 4GB RAM, Intel HD3000.

BIOS settings by default and upgraded to the latest version.

Installation method: [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] (UserDSDT (DSDT in Tonymac's db); MacBookPro8,1 SMBIOS); patch AppleIntelCPUPM with speedstepper.

PROBLEM: Turbo boost not works. It stuck at a 2.4GHz frequency. Everybody with 4530s and i5 have such problem. A lot of people who have i5-2*** in their laptops also experience the same problem. Please, help me to solve it.

Now I'm using Lion 10.7.2 with patched AppleIntelCPUPM v159 because it's give me the best results. Some statistics:

AppleIntelCPUPM v159: 5400

AppleIntelCPUPM v167: 5200 (why?)

AppleIntelCPUPM v166: 5200

AppleIntelCPUPM (SL): 5440

I'm trying to boot with CSTUsingSystemIO or even without any CPU flags but results are the same.

I attach my DSDT and boot.plist.

4530s.zip

Hi,

I know I'm a little bit off topic here, but I'm facing a problem that some of you might have already had...

My laptop is a Hp dv6, with i7 2630, 6go of ram, ati 6770m 2go & intel HD3000.

I have managed to install lion 10.7.2 and run speedstepper 1072. I works fine, I am able to boot with AICPUPM and without NullCpuPowerManagement.

The problem is that when I try to enter sleep or hibernation, the computer goes to sleep very well, the power led starts to blink,

but around 1 second after the computer comes back from sleep itself and the screen doesn't turn on until I press a key or a mouse click.

It isthe same behavior whether I close the lid or I click sleep/hibernate I the option menu.

Anybody knows what could be the problem, or where could that come from ?

thanks in advance !

PS: I've also tried pmset -a hibernatemode 0 and it doesn't change anything at all.

Hey i am also having a hp dv6.

i have tried speedstepper 1072 as well as 1073 beta but stuck at PStatesReached: 8 20 (only 2 states)

what p states are you reaching ?

i am using macbookprov8.3 as model identifier in my smbois.plist. (i have heard that the model identifier in smbios may effect pstates) ?

Can you help me ?

I confirm that on gigabyte, with snow 10.6.8 I need the NULL, for having a high score on geekbench, while on Lion the score is high, because?

are you using nullcpupowermanagement.kext in Snow and Lion and geeekbench scores are different ?

actually the best mb choice for a sandy bridge hackintosh system is any Gigabyte with a Z68 chip

why you think so ? just because you have to use SpeedStepper for MSI and Asus ? - you can patch your UEFI instead. For me Gigabyte=Gigafail - you have to edit your DSDT (MSI and Asus have similiar ACPI tables to Apple, so you don't have to do it) there are problems with sleep/autosleep/wake and powermanagment... and some USB problems. Also BIOS booting is much slower then UEFI booting. And finally there are coming new UEFI based bootloaders, so Gigabyte will be left behind.