Sony Vaio VPCEB4JOE13

Koni1953

4 posts in this topic

Hi I've been attempting to install Snow Leopard on a Sony Vaio model no. VPCEB4JOE 13….(full specs attached).

1st attempt using iatkos S3 i know it installed but black screen.(tried with ext monitor attached).

2nd attempt used Nawcom ModCD(USB) with 10.6.3 retail,Installed but no QE/QL Lan or WiFi

3rd attempt used Nawcom installer with MBP 2011 Install DVD (but its for i7)

when the nawcom arrived i the chose language next screen told me this could not be installed on this machine.

After much searching and info gathering it seems this machine needs the appleintelhdgraphics kext set which came in MBP 1.3 update. I've got those kext copied into system/library/extensions ran kext helper rebooted still no QE.

I'm sure these kext will work as I've checked the plist and the device id is correct.

I'm not sure if i'm not installing correctly or if i need to alter (edit) something else like ….boot plist .

Another thought I had was to delete all other GFX kext….but didn't try it yet.

The Lan Wifi is not so important but QE needed.

This is the GFX:- GMA5700MHD

would appreciate any help suggestions.

My apologies.....I found the thread that covers my problem

will try to delete this post

Hi I've been attempting to install Snow Leopard on a Sony Vaio model no. VPCEB4JOE 13….(full specs attached).

1st attempt using iatkos S3 i know it installed but black screen.(tried with ext monitor attached).

2nd attempt used Nawcom ModCD(USB) with 10.6.3 retail,Installed but no QE/QL Lan or WiFi

3rd attempt used Nawcom installer with MBP 2011 Install DVD (but its for i7)

when the nawcom arrived i the chose language next screen told me this could not be installed on this machine.

After much searching and info gathering it seems this machine needs the appleintelhdgraphics kext set which came in MBP 1.3 update. I've got those kext copied into system/library/extensions ran kext helper rebooted still no QE.

I'm sure these kext will work as I've checked the plist and the device id is correct.

I'm not sure if i'm not installing correctly or if i need to alter (edit) something else like ….boot plist .

Another thought I had was to delete all other GFX kext….but didn't try it yet.

The Lan Wifi is not so important but QE needed.

This is the GFX:- GMA5700MHD

would appreciate any help suggestions.

My apologies.....I found the thread that covers my problem

will try to delete this post

Hi,

As far as I know Vaios don't support full OSX graphics period! Its something to do with the Sony proprietary VESA for the monitor and video card (it only talks to Microsoft) I went down this road a year ago with an old Viao trying to install SL.

My advice if you MUST have OSX is get another laptop. Sorry to be the barer of bad news.

Well I found it to be a hard pill to swallow last year when I found that I could not get the Vaio internal screen into high resolution in OS X. I finally gave up and restored Win 7 and sold it on Craigslist (took a $100 loss).

neil

• 1 month later...