Ati mobility radeon for dell studio

psygnosis

44 posts in this topic

Am sounding Newbish...But Leopard to start it all...i don't really know where to start from !!!...should i go to S/L/E and copy ATIFRAMEBUFFER ??? because am using Radeon HD to get the resolution change...How can i get the video dump of my 3400 ? and then which dmseg command am i to type in terminal...i have read Mucha's guide but kinda understood nothing..but i downloaded sharksFB...i don't really know what to do next

Thanks again

the mobility 34xx series cards will NEVER be supported. In the past we have tried all sorts of injections and enablers and even DSDT, but it doesn't work. The card isn't supported, and the framebuffer doesn't even fully function. Last time I checked, Megaloden framebuffer was being used, but it has VERY bad artifacting, and no QE/CI. Give up, Mobility 3450/3470 will NEVER EVER WORK! Sorry.

Hi all.

Finally I have full resolution. LVDS is working.

I am using Vervet framebuffer. It might work for some of you. My Device Id is 9488.

My laptop is Dell Studio XPS 1647 with Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4670.

Hi all.

Finally I have full resolution. LVDS is working.

I am using Vervet framebuffer. It might work for some of you. My Device Id is 9488.

My laptop is Dell Studio XPS 1647 with Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4670.

Hi Eino8785,

Do you have 1600 x 900 LVDS screen native resolution ?

Thanks,

Rija

• 1 month later...

I remember that when I installed it one time I can use coverflow, and listen to music, but I don't remember if I can use webcam, flash and PS...

Do you think that a system without QE/CI is completely unusable?or I can use it for everyday use and some little graphics...

I don't pretend to make video editing but just some graphics with PS, writing, webdevelope, music, flash and of course video/musc playback

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...