Rija

Rija

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
to Leoppard1993 :
Hi, sorry for the delay.
I can't get radeondump with my videorom taken from everest ultimate. I 've got this :
error: IORegistryEntryGetPath returned 0x10000003

This is the output of dmesg with radeonHD installed : Attached File  file.txt   4.14KB   15 downloads

Leopard1993

Leopard1993

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
To Rija: this isn't the correct file.txt that you obtainn with radeonHD debug have you used RadeonHD.kext by dong of 20/10/2009?? Have you set verbose level = 2 and Debug = true in info.plist?? and after you restarted your Notebook have you connected your Monitor VGA/HDMI/DVI before it boot?? Have you put this command "sudo -s" before you did "dmesg" in terminal??

Rija

Rija

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

To Rija: this isn't the correct file.txt that you obtainn with radeonHD debug have you used RadeonHD.kext by dong of 20/10/2009?? Have you set verbose level = 2 and Debug = true in info.plist?? and after you restarted your Notebook have you connected your Monitor VGA/HDMI/DVI before it boot?? Have you put this command "sudo -s" before you did "dmesg" in terminal??

To Leoppard1993 :
yes, i have used RadeonHD with radeondump tools in the same zip file but i don't remember the date.
I don't have vga/hdmi/dvi monitor now but i'm connecting to my laptop from another laptop by using tightVNC.
Ok, I'll check the right RadeonHD and i'll try with verbose level = 2 and Debug = true but , can i use vnc to connect to my laptop ?

Leopard1993

Leopard1993

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I don't know because in mucha's guide says that you have to connect another monitor HDMI/VGA/DVI to your laptop and than do dmesg in terminal

dmwase88

dmwase88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

TO duggyuk: You have to follow mucha's guide and at the end download Sharks_FB.rtf(for mobility 3xxx) and Monkeys_FB.rtf(for mobility 5xxx) you need of this file because in it are the name of the framebuffer for your mobility(s) and you need xcode to find the offset of the framebuffer that you want to edit!

Thanks Leopard big time...also interested in getting QE/CI but can u point to me the link for that guide ?? xD;

Leopard1993

Leopard1993

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Here the guide it talks about mobility 4650 but it's the same thing for other mobility cards

dmwase88

dmwase88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Am sounding Newbish...But Leopard to start it all...i don't really know where to start from !!!...should i go to S/L/E and copy ATIFRAMEBUFFER ??? because am using Radeon HD to get the resolution change...How can i get the video dump of my 3400 ? and then which dmseg command am i to type in terminal...i have read Mucha's guide but kinda understood nothing..but i downloaded sharksFB...i don't really know what to do next
Thanks again

Leopard1993

Leopard1993

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
If you have windows you can dump your bios with everest if you haven't windows use bcc9's tool

dmwase88

dmwase88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
What else after that ???

Leopard1993

Leopard1993

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
I haven't understood what you have done now!

dmwase88

dmwase88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I have used Everest..and the dump file is 0 bytes

Leopard1993

Leopard1993

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
Try another time to dump your bios, than rename it into vendorid_deviceid.rom

dmwase88

dmwase88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I have tried it but still 0 bytes file....also tried Dongs RadeonDump but it gives "bad CPU type" error

Leopard1993

Leopard1993

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
move it to osx and see if it isn't 0 bytes, it maybe will be 66KB

dmwase88

dmwase88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I have moved it but still its still the same problem...0 bytes files

applehacker

applehacker

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
the mobility 34xx series cards will NEVER be supported. In the past we have tried all sorts of injections and enablers and even DSDT, but it doesn't work. The card isn't supported, and the framebuffer doesn't even fully function. Last time I checked, Megaloden framebuffer was being used, but it has VERY bad artifacting, and no QE/CI. Give up, Mobility 3450/3470 will NEVER EVER WORK! Sorry.

Eino8785

Eino8785

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi all.

Finally I have full resolution. LVDS is working.

I am using Vervet framebuffer. It might work for some of you. My Device Id is 9488.

My laptop is Dell Studio XPS 1647 with Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4670.

Rija

Rija

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi all.

Finally I have full resolution. LVDS is working.

I am using Vervet framebuffer. It might work for some of you. My Device Id is 9488.

My laptop is Dell Studio XPS 1647 with Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4670.

Hi Eino8785,

Do you have 1600 x 900 LVDS screen native resolution ?

Thanks,
Rija

Eino8785

Eino8785

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi Eino8785,

Do you have 1600 x 900 LVDS screen native resolution ?

Thanks,
Rija

Hi Rija.

Yes, I have 1600x900 LVDS resolution. from 640x480 to 1600x900.

psygnosis

psygnosis

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I remember that when I installed it one time I can use coverflow, and listen to music, but I don't remember if I can use webcam, flash and PS...
Do you think that a system without QE/CI is completely unusable?or I can use it for everyday use and some little graphics...
I don't pretend to make video editing but just some graphics with PS, writing, webdevelope, music, flash and of course video/musc playback
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy