got iDeneb running..very slow

Lkr

8 posts in this topic

I can boot into OS X with no problem now, but it is very slow for some reason. I haven't used busratio at all, will that improve my performance? Specs:

AMD Phenom II X3 720(unlocked to a quad core and running at 3GHz)

4GB DDR3-1333

GeForce GTS 250

ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO mobo

network works and I'm in the process of installing my video drivers. I haven't been able to test sound yet. Everything is difficult to test as it is so slow. In comparison, my old system(Dell XPS 400 with a Pentium D 820, 1GB DDR2, 7800GTX) running 10.4.11 was a speed demon and ran absolutely flawless, so this is frustrating for me.

It shows idle 90-100% and recognizes all 4 cores. All of my ram is shown as available. The core bus speed is 200mhz in CPU-Z, but system profiler shows it as 100mhz. Booting with busratio=15 didn't help.

my bios has my sata drives set to IDE mode. will AHCI fix any problems or is it not worth switching to? Another thing I've noticed is that Chameleon says encountered error pause for 5 seconds before it boots OS X. Is there a way to find out what the error is?

Just wanted to add that I'm using the Voodoo 9.5.0 kernel. Should I try installing with a different one, or is 9.5.0 the best one for AMD compatibility? The system is running 10.5.8

I think it will be easier for me to just do a clean install as I can barely do anything without the system locking up(it had Qoopz as an option). I'll mess with Chameleon after I get the kernel running(crossing fingers, hopefully it does the trick!)

• 2 weeks later...