Anyone successful with Asus P6T Deluxe V2?

poleniuum

42 posts in this topic

KariNeko,

I just booted into Lion and discovered that my sleep is no longer fully functional as well. It enters sleep mode but upon waking up I have no video, both monitors remain dark. Not sure what I did for it to have changed or if I'm going to bother to try to fix it until Lion is officially released. Yes, I'm using Fabio's DSDT with some of my own edits added.

I'm using a Hot Audio "DAC Straight" USB DAC. This model is not available anymore but other versions are available from the maker at hotaudio.com. Nice, smooth, no artifacts. I do a lot of pro audio processing and this guy makes a very nice, simple unit that I can depend on to be truly neutral through the monitors.

My solution to this problem was to boot with one monitor connected and try the sleep function. If it wakes up okay, you want to reconnect your second monitor and reboot. This works for me with two 24inch monitor

Finally running DP4 on my rig. Thanks to all who replied to this post for your input. I had success going a totally different route for my install. I ended up installing DP4 on my old 2007 Mac Pro . Then used a restored image of that build (w/latest Chameleon added in image) on separate disk that I now use in my Asus P6T rig.

Have everything working except for onboard sound. Tried the above "VoodooHDA" next. This seemed to enable only digital audio (spdif). Audio for headphone/line isn't working (nor are these options available to select in sound preferences)

Has anyone gotten the onboard audio (headphone/line) to work on in DP4?

Again, Thanks to all in advance.

Finally running DP4 on my rig. Thanks to all who replied to this post for your input. I had success going a totally different route for my install. I ended up installing DP4 on my old 2007 Mac Pro . Then used a restored image of that build (w/latest Chameleon added in image) on separate disk that I now use in my Asus P6T rig.

Have everything working except for onboard sound. Tried the above "VoodooHDA" next. This seemed to enable only digital audio (spdif). Audio for headphone/line isn't working (nor are these options available to select in sound preferences)

Has anyone gotten the onboard audio (headphone/line) to work on in DP4?

Again, Thanks to all in advance.

Delete Voodoohda.kext, put this kext in /System/Library/Extensions and run kextutility-

Archive.zip

• 1 month later...

CJP2, I have the EXACT same setup as you, same board, CPU, RAM & Graphics, using latest Chameleon, iFabio's latest DSDT for SL and the same kexts you mention:

AHCIPortInjector

FakeSMC

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

Running the full official release of lion and after god knows how many hours of trying everything i can possibly find over 2 weeks I cant get Ethernet to work. (I DESPERATELY need it too - i have some audio software that uses the Ethernet to generate a code for activation)

Right now i have everything unplugged from the computer bar 1hdd on SATA 1 and a keyboard & mouse + 12 gb ram - reset the BIOS to default and only changed IDE to AHCI

Gets stuck on either:

Executing fsck_hfs (when I use your IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip)

or

9 error reproting banks when I edit the IONetworkingFamily.kext manually

I was wondering if you would be so kind as to zip your entire Extra folder and upload it so i know i'm using the exact same DSDT, smbios, kext's etc and let me know what changes you made in the BIOS (if any other than IDE to AHCI)

also what bios rev are you running on your v2?

any help you can offer would be massively appreciated bro!

thanks again...

CJP2, I have the EXACT same setup as you, same board, CPU, RAM & Graphics, using latest Chameleon, iFabio's latest DSDT for SL and the same kexts you mention:

AHCIPortInjector

FakeSMC

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

Running the full official release of lion and after god knows how many hours of trying everything i can possibly find over 2 weeks I cant get Ethernet to work. (I DESPERATELY need it too - i have some audio software that uses the Ethernet to generate a code for activation)

Right now i have everything unplugged from the computer bar 1hdd on SATA 1 and a keyboard & mouse + 12 gb ram - reset the BIOS to default and only changed IDE to AHCI

Gets stuck on either:

Executing fsck_hfs (when I use your IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip)

or

9 error reproting banks when I edit the IONetworkingFamily.kext manually

I was wondering if you would be so kind as to zip your entire Extra folder and upload it so i know i'm using the exact same DSDT, smbios, kext's etc and let me know what changes you made in the BIOS (if any other than IDE to AHCI)

also what bios rev are you running on your v2?

any help you can offer would be massively appreciated bro!

thanks again...

Thanks for the help, but when I loaded these kexts, my boot up time doubled to about 8 seconds :(

The way I get my sound working is follow fabio's posts on the snow leopard install page, run that terminal command, then add the layout files in applehda.

Thanks, I just had to erase my osx partition due to shotty Paragon HFS+ windows drivers, got a blue screen when logging in windows and it destroyed three hard drives... :) {censored}

I just updated lion to 7.1, ran the installer, fixed sound, network, and got a pretty green lizzy logo on boot up. Update did over write the NVDAGF100Hal.kext also fyi...

Cheers to you, this installer will be handy for future updates...

• 2 months later...