Finally got iAtkos v7 installed... and I have major problems!

Extremador

31 posts in this topic

I was expecting you to say that.

I already did that, but I get this message:

"You may have difficulty booting from this target volume, the underlying disk is not formatted with a partitioning scheme that Apple recommends for Intel Macs. See the "Getting Started with CCC" section of the CCC documentation for more information."

I had to use a partition from a hard drive that is MBR, as I have no other drives to use.

I don't mind answering this part because as far as I know it is not covered in the documentation.

The clone will still be bootable (I have tested) even if the drive is partitioned MBR as long as the partition is formatted mac os extended journaled or non-journaled). You can ignore the warning.

Alright after I giving it some thought, I realized I really do actually *need* my Windows partition back. I thought I'd be able to run FL Studio as a VST through Logic, but the Logic Pro interface is something that I am *not* trying to learn at all, and I really need to get back to producing music.

I just really wish someone else would post on here shedding some light on the issue of me not being able into Windows. :thumbsup_anim:

If you re-read the thread you will see there was an explanation (ACHI drivers in windows remember)

I wish someone else would post also, because I am finished.

The thing is that I can't do anything remotely related to Windows right now.

I switch to IDE and try to boot - I get 'DISK BOOT FAILURE. PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISC AND PRESS ENTER.'

I pop in Windows 7 DVD and try to boot from it - 'DISK BOOT FAILURE. PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISC AND PRESS ENTER.'

And I think back when I didn't even know switching to AHCI would allow me to boot into OSX (back when it was still set to IDE mode,) I couldn't boot into Windows.

The farthest I ever got with it was getting to the recovery options, where it wouldn't find a drive with it installed at all. OSX wasn't meant to be installed on PC, and like I said before, this is the second time I've had a *major* problem with it, which really sucks. If you look at my first post ever, you will see that it was from 2008. I waited 3 years to try again!

I have another question:

If a drive is wiped or completed effed up for any reason, any partition you made from the drive would be gone too right? Like... the actual drive would be "dead." Right?

If so, then the drive that holds Windows 7 isn't dead at all, but for some {censored} reason, it doesn't let me boot into it at all.